• > Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and your MobiStaff... x x <

MobiColour RESULT: MC #192 Theme: False Impressions - 30 Sept-6 Oct, 2019

Breconrambler

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Hans
Device
iPhone 6
What's the 'false impression' here Hans, I'm struggling with this theme and would love to see some interpretation for thickies like me :confused:
There were only ever a handful built for the Royal houses. Value each 6-8-9mill. To find one in the sticks and not in a museum leaves a false impression with me..

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
There were only ever a handful built for the Royal houses. Value each 6-8-9mill. To find one in the sticks and not in a museum leaves a false impression with me..
Or you could look at it that having a car in use makes sense while having a car in a museum gives a false impression about the car being important in some way, but it’s just another car, and not even an environmentally efficient one at that, and we already have too many of those.

Breconrambler

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Hans
Device
iPhone 6
Or you could look at it that having a car in use makes sense while having a car in a museum gives a false impression about the car being important in some way, but it’s just another car, and not even an environmentally efficient one at that, and we already have too many of those.
The Bugatti Royale, of which luckily only so very view were built, had a 12 Cylinder inline engine in it. Hence the length of the bonnet.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The Bugatti Royale, of which luckily only so very view were built, had a 12 Cylinder inline engine in it. Hence the length of the bonnet.
It would be interesting to see the engine. Imagine the crankshaft. I bet it’s a tough one to parallel park.

Breconrambler

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Hans
Device
iPhone 6
It would be interesting to see the engine. Imagine the crankshaft. I bet it’s a tough one to parallel park.
I think I want to come clean on this vehicle which looks like a Bugatti Royale from a distance but is built on one and a half chassis parts of 2 Toyota pick-up trucks and also is only powered by a V8 Toyota engine. I guess it could count as a false impression ... a friend of mine built it a couple of years ago to hire it out for advertising, weddings etc etc And yes, it’s a absolute pain to park or turn around. A bit like those stretch limousines I should think.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I think I want to come clean on this vehicle which looks like a Bugatti Royale from a distance but is built on one and a half chassis parts of 2 Toyota pick-up trucks and also is only powered by a V8 Toyota engine. I guess it could count as a false impression ... a friend of mine built it a couple of years ago to hire it out for advertising, weddings etc etc And yes, it’s a absolute pain to park or turn around. A bit like those stretch limousines I should think.
Perfect for the theme. :thumbs: