MobiColour RESULT: MC #195 Theme: In the Moment - October 21-27, 2019

Trendy person LookingView attachment 151082 for a new direction and adventures on and with her mobile phone
It looks to me she is thinking, OMG what is this place? I must be lost! Where am I? Where’s the bake shop I was looking for?
Or maybe she’s playing Pokémon.

These are fantastic. One of the reasons I like to go to those conventions. My roots are more there than with my ancestors. :) I'd joined immediately. :D
The tickets were all sold out otherwise I might have bought one just to be able to walk amongst them and see what all the fuss was about.. Some did come into our area but otherwise I took pics from the barrier and elsewhere.

I couldn’t make Saturday but my friend said that it was even more hectic. The Wrinklies were queuing up to see Donny Osmond talk about genealogy at 10am :lmao:.

I got a better window bird feeder. We had too much trouble keeping the squirrel away with the bigger one. He can’t get to this one easily and it’s too small for him to balance on.

I’m suppose to be scanning and doing admin but can’t resist setting up my tripod and getting some images with my fab cheap Camkix remote from Amazon. I gave up on FlowShot and Fast Camera for taking quick images. The focus was too hit and miss. I settled for Camera+ 2 using the Action preset. Focus was great and although you miss out on many shots the ones you get are sharp.

It’s probably not quite ‘in the moment’ as it’s set up but I’m loving being in the moment and watching all the birds flying in. A couple of squabbles even.

B0299C12-D0B4-4531-9F16-7293F26ECDE8.jpeg
C48AA98C-A5FD-4CC8-A89A-A530E3116C49.png
CBEADA56-D0DF-4F1A-AB16-2226EA631213.jpeg

Other apps: Snapseed and Becasso.

I got a better window bird feeder. We had too much trouble keeping the squirrel away with the bigger one. He can’t get to this one easily and it’s too small for him to balance on.

I’m suppose to be scanning and doing admin but can’t resist setting up my tripod and getting some images with my fab cheap Camkix remote from Amazon. I gave up on FlowShot and Fast Camera for taking quick images. The focus was too hit and miss. I settled for Camera+ 2 using the Action preset. Focus was great and although you miss out on many shots the ones you get are sharp.

It’s probably not quite ‘in the moment’ as it’s set up but I’m loving being in the moment and watching all the birds flying in. A couple of squabbles even.

View attachment 151085View attachment 151086View attachment 151087

Other apps: Snapseed and Becasso.
the original shot is pretty darned good for a mobile isn't it. we've come a long way.

Oh boy.... :fearscream: I just realized I haven’t closed this thread or done the judging. :oops::barf: I’ve been hanging out with my mom all day for her birthday... I will get to this but it might be later on tonight.:grimacing::frowning::flushed: SO SORRY!!!!!!

This week had all sorts of fun and interesting images, and I had so many favorites.... :hearteyes:

First place to rizole for "Mantle Cat". This kept popping out and drawing me in. It's quirky (one of my fave themes) with an undeniable retro feel due to the fabulous wall paper and clock, the shelf of mismatched knick-knacks + the wonderful painting, and then the pièce de résistance: Pebbles perched demurely on the shelf, chillin', just one of the knick-knacks. :smirkcat: Love it so much!

Mantle cat.jpeg

Second place goes to ImageArt Ann for one of her "eXcel Exhibition" images. I loved them all, but thought this was such a great capture - lots of expression and movement, wonderful tones, and even though the foreground characters are the first to draw one in, I love all the background faces that are dotted throughout the composition.

eXcel exhibition.jpeg

Third place to sinnerjohn John for "Bus, Bridge, Blur". Love it's abstractness, colors/tones and movement. Well seen and shot!
Bus, bridge, blur.jpeg

Lots of HMs:

rizole for "Rainbow" and "Puddle" - these are both amazing abstract compositions that to my eye look like mixed media art pieces depicting thought out scenes (Rainbow is a building with bushes + rainbow; Puddle is a fab landscape with a funky weird sky/cloudscape). So well seen and composed.

terse Ted's "Hodge likes a good book" and Mike in VT Mike's "Bath Time with Big Sis".... cuz, well.... CATS. :hearteyecat:

deepop David's "Fall Papers" - a wonderful real life abstract moment + fabulous composition.

terse Ted's "Right Vibes" & Breconrambler Hans' "Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to me" - both great in-the-moment captures.

Celine Lumiere 's lovely "Street and the buildings in Gordes" - a beautiful scene, beautiful tones, and that fab Westie cruising through the scene is perfection.

Nagaisgich Carmel's "My partner left her knitting out - again" - an everyday object that could just lay there "unseen", but once captured in a photo it's turned into an intriguing abstract still life.

Well done everyone!! :D

This week had all sorts of fun and interesting images, and I had so many favorites.... :hearteyes:

First place to rizole for "Mantle Cat". This kept popping out and drawing me in. It's quirky (one of my fave themes) with an undeniable retro feel due to the fabulous wall paper and clock, the shelf of mismatched knick-knacks + the wonderful painting, and then the pièce de résistance: Pebbles perched demurely on the shelf, chillin', just one of the knick-knacks. :smirkcat: Love it so much!

View attachment 151131

Second place goes to ImageArt Ann for one of her "eXcel Exhibition" images. I loved them all, but thought this was such a great capture - lots of expression and movement, wonderful tones, and even though the foreground characters are the first to draw one in, I love all the background faces that are dotted throughout the composition.
View attachment 151132

Third place to sinnerjohn John for "Bus, Bridge, Blur". Love it's abstractness, colors/tones and movement. Well seen and shot!
View attachment 151133

Lots of HMs:

rizole for "Rainbow" and "Puddle" - these are both amazing abstract compositions that to my eye look like mixed media art pieces depicting thought out scenes (Rainbow is a building with bushes + rainbow; Puddle is a fab landscape with a funky weird sky/cloudscape). So well seen and composed.

terse Ted's "Hodge likes a good book" and Mike in VT Mike's "Bath Time with Big Sis".... cuz, well.... CATS. :hearteyecat:

deepop David's "Fall Papers" - a wonderful real life abstract moment + fabulous composition.

terse Ted's "Right Vibes" & Breconrambler Hans' "Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to me" - both great in-the-moment captures.

Celine Lumiere 's lovely "Street and the buildings in Gordes" - a beautiful scene, beautiful tones, and that fab Westie cruising through the scene is perfection.

Nagaisgich Carmel's "My partner left her knitting out - again" - an everyday object that could just lay there "unseen", but once captured in a photo it's turned into an intriguing abstract still life.

Congrats to the winners rizole, ImageArt and sinnerjohn.
And a big hand for all HMers.
Well done, guys.
Thanks RoseCat for her fine judging while being busy having a great time with her mum. :)

View attachment 151131

View attachment 151132

View attachment 151133

Lots of HMs:

Great choices, Cat. Kudos to all the HMs (that's everbody, isn't it.)

View attachment 151131

View attachment 151132

View attachment 151133

Lots of HMs:

Wow, thanks Catherine, a second as well this week! I go to a Wrinklies event and end up getting some winners. :)

I have to say rizole, that cat picture was rather good. With the interesting wallpaper it looked like a 70s pic. And sinnerjohn - loved that slow shutter - echos of my fav camera app Overcam. And well done the HMs. It was a great theme, Catherine, and lots of great entries.

View attachment 151131

View attachment 151132

View attachment 151133

Lots of HMs:

I agree with your picks totally. Great job everyone. Just for closure... My partner finished her project and posted it on FB
696ADFE8-455F-4FCC-884B-C304F80731C3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom