MobiColour RESULT: MC #197 Theme: Pop A Colour in the way of "Sin City" - November 4-10, 2019

Narrow spectrum colour.
View attachment 151552
I was thinking today... yes, you probably heard the gears grinding, that if Sin City was a movie, the colour effects used wouldn’t be anything like colour splash that required frame-by-frame hand work to mask one area to show the colour through a B&W layer. It. Would simply be a LUT or selective colour effect that could be applied to an entire video clip, without any selective hand work.
In this picture I have simply shut off all the blue, green, cyan, violet and yellow parts of the spectrum while cranking up the two reds and a little of the orange. There’s an interesting illusion of blue in the sky but there isn’t any blue there. Just grey. It is the proximity of the pinkish red that makes the grey look a little bluish.
Instaflash Pro.

View attachment 151553
And just as easily you can shut off all colours except green with no handwork at all.

That first thought, let alone the rest of it, wouldn’t have entered my mind in . . . . ever. Interesting ‘fun fact‘ - thank you.

Waiting

AFA16A14-24C5-4104-A7F8-17FECC794102.jpeg

In the doctors’ waiting room.
I’ve never seen Sin City either, but I get the picture.
iColorama > Tone > BW&C (remove red, green or blue) then Style > Threshold No.6

Nice image. Is it still ‘street chic’ for young men to wear their pants falling down?
Not so much. If anything I think pants round your ankles is a bit old skool these days. It's still all skinny jeans and 80's fashion but the drop crotch, low waist looks to be in recession. Good for those of us that no longer have the lean, greyhound figure of our youth.

Tommy

View attachment 151559

Stilton’s new war memorial - terse Ted’s good idea to enter this which I’ve run with. Thank you Ted.
IColorama > Tone > BW&C then Style > Threshold > Preset No.6
AHA! Sorry, I was wondering how folks were using iColorama to do some of these fantastic images and you were kind enough to put down your workflow and give me a clue. I’ve been spending too much time in Procreate and neglecting iColorama, lately.

I’m glad you took terse Ted’s advice. It’s super!

AHA! Sorry, I was wondering how folks were using iColorama to do some of these fantastic images and you were kind enough to put down your workflow and give me a clue. I’ve been spending too much time in Procreate and neglecting iColorama, lately.

I’m glad you took terse Ted’s advice. It’s super!
Thank you my dear, and glad to be of service.:notworthy:

Tommy

Stilton’s new war memorial - terse Ted’s good idea to enter this which I’ve run with. Thank you Ted.
IColorama > Tone > BW&C then Style > Threshold > Preset No.6

That’s intense. for me that dramatic palette and the stark minimalist bits kindof invoke the ‘bare bones’,blood & guts of war. Any war.

ue. I’ve been spending too much time in Procreate and neglecting iColorama, lately.

i have no idea what to say to that :mobibabe:

I am familiar with Sin City and I have to say if you've done your homework its actually a very b/w movie with splashes of colour
And I'm finding it harder to get that smooth but very high contrast b/w look of the movie than to get the color splash. I wonder if maybe the way to go is to make it all b/w first and then paint in the color splashes.

View attachment 151560
Halloween Aimee.
This doesn't look that good on the big screen now I've posted it :lol:
I am familiar with Sin City and I have to say if you've done your homework its actually a very b/w movie with splashes of colour.
Quite subversive of GroovyGouvy really :lmao:
Those contacts are bizarre! (in a good way) Were they uncomfortable to wear or see out of?

Something’s Coming.
View attachment 151595
photographed with ameraC, edited in Instaflash Pro.
Very “other world”ly Brian. That bit of the image bottom left looked to me like another image on top of the big one, but then I could see it’s just that the hills where they meet the sea and that rock are very straight. I like it even more because of that.

Back
Top Bottom