MobiColour RESULT: MC #197 Theme: Pop A Colour in the way of "Sin City" - November 4-10, 2019

CAE935D8-8838-417A-B0B6-45EC20984570.jpeg

Rust never sleeps
Camera+ 2, ACDSee Pro

I'm sorry to have to take the long road and might use too many words that might not be read, but I have to speak my mind …

First of all forgive me to have given you all this hard time but you all mastered the challenge. So HM to everyone who joined.

I apologise also that I've forgotten to post the apps I used for the example picture. It was a hipsta image I ran through colorAccent (to get the splash) , BlackCam (to get the high contrast) and Photoshop Mix to combine them. I've just seen, I didn't mention it. Shame on me! :barf:

In return you gave me a hard time to choose winners. And I looked at the pictures over and over. And over and over again. Sorry to keep you waiting, but THIS is your fault. :lol:

There are three pictures in the end that could be a still of Sin City and they are all wall hangers: JillyG's Waiting and terse's Coffee, black and Floats. (Jilly, the picture on the wall is a print the famous Edward Hopper Nighthawks? Or one of the soooo many funny fakes? I've even seen it with a TARDIS behind the diner :lol:)

But I have to fair, I said pop the colour in the way of Sin City, so all images are eligible to win.

Special HMs:
sdimbour for her Splendid Hotel pic, would it have been b/w with yellow she'd be on the steps. But it has too much colour.
lkbside showed us with Hipstamatic the problem could be solved in one go.
Coronation80 for throwing in the most images and all are great!
terse's Graphite version of the Evergreen Cementery, which could be ripped off a comic book, but too light for Sin City
And also to the Sin City artists mentioned above JillyG and terse along with
FundyBrian with his Sobrey's in green which is also close.
RoseCat for her b/w splashed colour Halloween laughter that made me giggle the most. :lol:

Now in the end these are the winners in my eyes:
3rd Rank is all red but a tie:
IMG_9643.JPG

lkbside and the unnamed image in red (pulled me right in, especially because of the shadow selfie)

IMG_9636.JPG

sinnerjohn's Neon Lights (marvellous colours and tones)

2nd Rank:
IMG_9640.JPG

Starzee with Colour Splash (which always threw me back for another look of the reflections, the action freeze framed and the details so obvious and hidden at the same time.

1st Rank:
IMG_9631.JPG

Nagaisgich with a picture that surprised me the most: it is full colour but looks like b/w with splashes of colour, the raindrops are clear and give it more contrast and the cut out makes someone's art yours, Carmel. A newcomer convinced me right away and I fell in love of this picture. I have to apologise that I am not sure if I talk about her or his picture, but neither your MobiName nor your real name gives me assurance. Maybe you let me know. :)

That's all folks, sorry for the many words (I'd prolly have used even more talking …) – next challenge is Carmel's choice.

I'm sorry to have to take the long road and might use too many words that might not be read, but I have to speak my mind …

First of all forgive me to have given you all this hard time but you all mastered the challenge. So HM to everyone who joined.

I apologise also that I've forgotten to post the apps I used for the example picture. It was a hipsta image I ran through colorAccent (to get the splash) , BlackCam (to get the high contrast) and Photoshop Mix to combine them. I've just seen, I didn't mention it. Shame on me! :barf:

In return you gave me a hard time to choose winners. And I looked at the pictures over and over. And over and over again. Sorry to keep you waiting, but THIS is your fault. :lol:

There are three pictures in the end that could be a still of Sin City and they are all wall hangers: JillyG's Waiting and terse's Coffee, black and Floats. (Jilly, the picture on the wall is a print the famous Edward Hopper Nighthawks? Or one of the soooo many funny fakes? I've even seen it with a TARDIS behind the diner :lol:)

But I have to fair, I said pop the colour in the way of Sin City, so all images are eligible to win.

Special HMs:
sdimbour for her Splendid Hotel pic, would it have been b/w with yellow she'd be on the steps. But it has too much colour.
terse's Graphite version of the Evergreen Cementery, which could be ripped off a comic book, but too light for Sin City
RoseCat for her b/w splashed colour Halloween laughter that made me giggle the most. :lol:

View attachment 151658
lkbside and the unnamed image in red (pulled me right in, especially because of the shadow selfie)

View attachment 151660

2nd Rank:
View attachment 151661
Starzee with Colour Splash (which always threw me back for another look of the reflections, the action freeze framed and the details so obvious and hidden at the same time.

1st Rank:
View attachment 151659
Nagaisgich with a picture that surprised me the most: it is full colour but looks like b/w with splashes of colour, the raindrops are clear and give it more contrast and the cut out makes someone's art yours, Carmel. A newcomer convinced me right away and I fell in love of this picture. I have to apologise that I am not sure if I talk about her or his picture, but neither your MobiName nor your real name gives me assurance. Maybe you let me know. :)

That's all folks, sorry for the many words (I'd prolly have used even more talking …) – next challenge is Carmel's choice.
Well done Nagaisgich ! Such an unusual shot. Such a good theme, Gouvy. Wonderful entries!

Well done GroovyGouvy !! Congrats to Nagaisgich Carmel!! Just love the composition and colors in your fab image. :inlove: Your image has a spot in our winners Gallery HERE. AND you've got a double win this week!! :notworthy: High fives to Starzee, sinnerjohn and lkbside Leslie and all the HMs!! This was one of my fave themes.

@RoseCat for her b/w splashed colour Halloween laughter that made me giggle the most. :lol:
I KNEW you'd like this. :D

Special HMs:

View attachment 151658

View attachment 151660

2nd Rank:
View attachment 151661

1st Rank:
View attachment 151659

Well done all. Thought I got it right this time? Need to learn not to get carried away. Engage brain post less...

Special HMs:

View attachment 151658

View attachment 151660

2nd Rank:
View attachment 151661

1st Rank:
View attachment 151659

Thank you! And congrats to all. It was a fabulous theme!

Back
Top Bottom