MobiColour RESULT: MC #198 Theme: Texture - November 11-17, 2019

I’ve taken the bull by the wotsits and closed this challenge. I (again) call upon Nagaisgich Carmel to choose her favourites. She’s an old hand at this now. Take it away Carmel.
Oops.... I should have guessed you'd beat me to it. :notworthy: :inlove: It seemed much easier/smoother when I was on the East Coast. :confused:

Good evening

Results are in. A real breeze to pick among them ... not.

I am awed that so many of you submitted natural textures. Our world is an amazing place. I also loved how our worldly artifacts peel up and wear down and rust etc .... great pictures.

First place goes to the picture that I felt brought great honor to the overall challenge - brilliant colour. almost a full frame of cool colour with just a pop of warm. And fit the theme ..... shiny yet fluffy texture.

Deepop!

first place deepop.jpeg

Second place: Bits of fluttery words . Smooth and rough papers stuck with old and new staples. Wood with holes. The touches of green among equal amounts of white and brown. This was a hard pick because some others were more of general interest. But I am a city dweller and have seen staples bristling on poles many many times... they speak of community , of neighborhood events, to me.

Terse!

second place terse.jpeg

Third Place:

Rizole. This deep wet texture that evokes a squicky feeling ... and is fated to become a different texture very soon. Many thoughts flew through my head about muddy events. The oily rainbow colours add a whole different squickiness. Pollution. So much in a wet footprint. Yet the blue sky holds hope as well.
rizole HM2.jpeg

Honorable mentions:

The most magical kind of texture... a mysterious one that can look like something it is not. A real fool-the-eye. And no small feat ... it is a picture that makes me want to reach out and touch it for myself.
FundyBrian!

THIRD fundy Brian.jpeg

The second honorable mention goes to:
Groovy Gouvy for his wonderfully whimsical batman and catwoman at the beach. So charming. And also appears as other than it is ... is it a landscape, no it's ... scrapes on a wall lol

groovy gouvy HM.jpeg

The next one is by
Kevin Barrett ... the road made with applied textures. Very painterly. Very deserving of mention since he dared to edit his texture. ANd of mostly one brilliant colour.

kevin HM.jpeg

Lovely work everyone. I'm honored I was able to spend so much time getting to know these photos! Thank you and congrats everyone.

Good evening

I am awed that so many of you submitted natural textures. Our world is an amazing place. I also loved how our worldly artifacts peel up and wear down and rust etc .... great pictures.

First place goes to the picture that I felt brought great honor to the overall challenge - brilliant colour. almost a full frame of cool colour with just a pop of warm. And fit the theme ..... shiny yet fluffy texture.

Deepop!

View attachment 151891

Second place: Bits of fluttery words . Smooth and rough papers stuck with old and new staples. Wood with holes. The touches of green among equal amounts of white and brown. This was a hard pick because some others were more of general interest. But I am a city dweller and have seen staples bristling on poles many many times... they speak of community , of neighborhood events, to me.

Terse!

View attachment 151892

Third Place:

Rizole. This deep wet texture that evokes a squicky feeling ... and is fated to become a different texture very soon. Many thoughts flew through my head about muddy events. The oily rainbow colours add a whole different squickiness. Pollution. So much in a wet footprint. Yet the blue sky holds hope as well.
View attachment 151897

Honorable mentions:

The most magical kind of texture... a mysterious one that can look like something it is not. A real fool-the-eye. And no small feat ... it is a picture that makes me want to reach out and touch it for myself.
FundyBrian!

View attachment 151893

Groovy Gouvy for his wonderfully whimsical batman and catwoman at the beach. So charming. And also appears as other than it is ... is it a landscape, no it's ... scrapes on a wall lol

View attachment 151895

The next one is by
Kevin Barrett ... the road made with applied textures. Very painterly. Very deserving of mention since he dared to edit his texture. ANd of mostly one brilliant colour.

View attachment 151896

Lovely work everyone. I'm honored I was able to spend so much time getting to know these photos! Thank you and congrats everyone.
Nice job judging and that was an awesome theme!

Good evening

Deepop!

View attachment 151891

Terse!

View attachment 151892

Third Place:

View attachment 151897

Honorable mentions:

FundyBrian!

View attachment 151893

View attachment 151895

The next one is by

View attachment 151896

Wonderful choices, Carmel. Wow, deepop , David, what a corker! And brilliant winners all - congrats. A great week of images.

Good evening

Deepop!

View attachment 151891

Terse!

View attachment 151892

Third Place:

View attachment 151897

Honorable mentions:

FundyBrian!

View attachment 151893

View attachment 151895

The next one is by

View attachment 151896

Thanks, Nagaisgich. I really enjoyed your thoughts and perspectives on the photos. Congrats to all the winners and HMs.

Good evening

Deepop!

View attachment 151891

Terse!

View attachment 151892

Third Place:

View attachment 151897

Honorable mentions:

FundyBrian!

View attachment 151893

View attachment 151895

The next one is by

View attachment 151896

Jolly good show deepop, terse, and rizole! Congrats also to the HMs. Well done to all who entered. It was an interesting theme to work with.

Back
Top Bottom