MobiColour RESULT: MC #199 Theme: NO THEME - November 18-24, 2019

Good point. They are quite expensive creatively priced.
There is little there under four figures but if in the area it is well worth a visit. The staff are very pleasant and indeed encourage me to photograph there. They also often have photography exhibitions.

Melting snow. Hipsta
76CABC3F-5117-407D-8A63-0CD5E20D38F9.jpeg

What a great week we had! :inlove: I hate to close this thread up, but close it I must, and deepop David has got the tough part this week. :sneaky:

What ? I just recovered from the Appstract judging. And the grandkids are here, further adding to the frazzlement. This was a really tough challenge, having so many fantastic photos. I got tired of seesawing back and forth with my top choices so I flipped a mental coin. Any one of the choices below was deserving.

Top spot goes to sdimbour and the Bridge at Biarritz. My eyes were so locked in by the leading lines of the bridge and the figure in the middle that it took me several viewings to notice the mandala on the sand.(I was quite taken with Playground POV, which easily could be in first place as well.)
5C024262-33B7-4C38-A135-E31B1B466CEA.jpeg

Second goes to terse who had a massive number of entries. As with Sandra I had great difficulty deciding between my favorites but finally settled on Horsetail , its perfect symmetry ”marred" (read enhanced) by the one right facing prismatic drop at the apex. ( I also quite liked Ornamental Crow, again appreciating the leading lines of the transparent fountains of water behind the crow. )
53CD27CC-5DD8-48C8-90FD-ADE2E58D8FEB.jpeg

Third place to sinnerjohn and his Turneresque waterworld, not to mention Lytham at sunset (gee, more leading lines.)
E9B8B84B-326E-4ED2-95E4-EF88C78EC4C7.jpeg

Props to all the entrants this week. There just too many fantastic photos to mention.

What ? I just recovered from the Appstract judging. And the grandkids are here, further adding to the frazzlement. This was a really tough challenge, having so many fantastic photos. I got tired of seesawing back and forth with my top choices so I flipped a mental coin. Any one of the choices below was deserving.

Top spot goes to sdimbour and the Bridge at Biarritz. My eyes were so locked in by the leading lines of the bridge and the figure in the middle that it took me several viewings to notice the mandala on the sand.(I was quite taken with Playground POV, which easily could be in first place as well.)
View attachment 152159

Second goes to terse who had a massive number of entries. As with Sandra I had great difficulty deciding between my favorites but finally settled on Horsetail , its perfect symmetry ”marred" (read enhanced) by the one right facing prismatic drop at the apex. ( I also quite liked Ornamental Crow, again appreciating the leading lines of the transparent fountains of water behind the crow. )
View attachment 152160

Third place to sinnerjohn and his Turneresque waterworld, not to mention Lytham at sunset (gee, more leading lines.)
View attachment 152161

Props to all the entrants this week. There just too many fantastic photos to mention.
Way to go sdimbour Sandra!!! A double win with the same image. Not surprising, it’s amazing. :inlove: High fives to terse Ted & sinnerjohn John - well done fellas! :D

Well! Just have to say thanks to David deepop
So happy to win that challenge !!!
Congrats terse and sinnerjohn for your 2nd and 3rd place.
I’ll be there next Sunday for the judging of both bnw and color challenge :)

View attachment 152159

View attachment 152160

View attachment 152161

View attachment 152159

View attachment 152160

View attachment 152161

Well, what can I say - two great minds! :lol: Congratulations (again) to Sandra for that wonderful image. Well done to terse Ted and sinnerjohn John for 2nd and third respectively. Lovely images both. It was a great no-theme week with marvellous entries from everyone.

View attachment 152159

View attachment 152160

View attachment 152161

Well done, Sandra. Loved the mandala. :notworthy: And congrats to John and me, too.:D

Back
Top Bottom