MobiColour RESULT: MC #199 Theme: NO THEME - November 18-24, 2019

flood4.jpg

waterworld

I’ve never seen leaves like this... stunning!
You mean edged with yellow? Or Sumac leaves in the fall? They typically become brilliant red. I had never seen the yellow edging before so I made several photos. I have a few scrawny Staghorn Sumac trees in my yard but it isn’t really the right habitat for them to flourish. The soil is too wet and full of clay for their liking. They would prefer sandier soil. I transplanted one from my brother’s yard, about 30 years ago, where they form a vigorous colony. That one tree never got taller than about 8 feet but it sent out root runners from which a few other little trees have started. Not much more than 4 feet high as yet. At best they never get taller than 12 or so feet but they are beautiful when they grow well.

You mean edged with yellow? Or Sumac leaves in the fall? They typically become brilliant red. I had never seen the yellow edging before so I made several photos. I have a few scrawny Staghorn Sumac trees in my yard but it isn’t really the right habitat for them to flourish. The soil is too wet and full of clay for their liking. They would prefer sandier soil. I transplanted one from my brother’s yard, about 30 years ago, where they form a vigorous colony. That one tree never got taller than about 8 feet but it sent out root runners from which a few other little trees have started. Not much more than 4 feet high as yet. At best they never get taller than 12 or so feet but they are beautiful when they grow well.
Lovely wood for carving I'm told.

Lovely photo but I find the prices drawing my eye in this one in a way they don't in the B&W.
I'm not suggeting you should but I'd have probably edited them out for the colour version.
Thank you: I did wonder about that but I usually try to keep things pretty much ‘as they are’ with perhaps small tweaks to colour and a little cropping, usually to fit something like IG or square up a wonky horizon. Also the prices seem to me to be part of the story.

Back
Top Bottom