MobiColour RESULT: MC #203 Theme: Night Shots - December 16-22, 2019

for inspiration, some low light images (taken after dark Starzee when dark is Dec 2nd to Jan 11th !) all taken on a smart phone.
Oh my goodness! I’d have to hibernate!!!!

Those were super. I especially liked the first one.

I think you're being too critical with yourself Catherine, I remember getting decent low light shots with a Samsung Galaxy S3, you just have to be a little more creative. Who hasn't been envious of the lovely tones you seem to achieve, not matter what device you're wielding :)
:notworthy: :blush:

Double decker.
20191219_170602-01.jpeg

It's amazing! It's 12 feet tall (and on the "small" side... apparently they usually get a bigger tree :openmouth:). She's got beautiful faeries and elves hidden in the branches, tiny fluffy owls... it's very eclectic and my kinda tree. :)
Sounds like the kind I want to leave up all year!

Last edited:
Last Sunday I went to see the Winterlichter (Winterlights) which are back to the Palmengarten. This year was yet another great exhibition of light art. I enjoyed it very much though there was constantly drizzling rain. And took 100s of image, that all would fit here. :)
I reduced and reduced, goal was 6, but I can’t decide the final one to cross out. So don’t bother anymore and will post 7. The first 3 coming up now.
All taken with HipstaC, but I‘ll post only the unedited, which I call Hipsta original, but slightly processed (sometimes slightly straightened) in Snapseed.

Fairy World (near the fountain)

DDBBF72A-F95C-4E82-8AF9-15F74F7D41C5.jpeg

Beautiful Spheres

3C4B1351-BDD3-4573-A14A-2896B6132690.jpeg

The PenguMorgana

BDF9F3E2-EF5C-449E-AF9D-848DE93B6BE1.jpeg

This picture is a phenomenon. See the upside down penguins above the “real” ones? At first I saw the Hipsta shake & bake image and thought “cool” expected one of the Dalí films or such. But then I saw it’s also on the original picture. I think it’s the reflection in the falling rain. It’s the only explanation I have. Some physicians here?

Last edited:
Last Sunday I went to see the Winterlichter (Winterlights) which are back to the Palmengarten. This year was yet another great exhibition of light art. I enjoyed it very much though there was constantly drizzling rain. And took 100s of image, that all would fit here. :)
I reduced and reduced, goal was 6, but I can’t decide the final one to cross out. So don’t bother anymore and will post 7. The first 3 coming up now.
All taken with HipstaC, but I‘ll post only the unedited, which I call Hipsta original, but slightly processed (sometimes slightly straightened) in Snapseed.

View attachment 152884

Beautiful Spheres

View attachment 152886

The PenguMorgana

View attachment 152887

This picture is a phenomenon. See the upside down penguins above the “real” ones? At first I saw the Hipsta shake & bake image and thought “cool” expected one of the Dalí films or such. But then I saw it’s also on the original picture. I think it’s the reflection in the falling rain. It’s the only explanation I have. Some physicians here?
Love, 'em.

View attachment 152884

Beautiful Spheres

View attachment 152886

The PenguMorgana

View attachment 152887

This must be a spectacluar show!!

View attachment 152884

Beautiful Spheres

View attachment 152886

The PenguMorgana

View attachment 152887

Amazing colors in the first two... :hearteyes:
Those penguins are a phenomenon indeed... :confused:

Gosh! It’s two minutes to Sunday here. Sorry, but will now post the four left before it’s too late.

At The Fountain
(light show with music projected through the sprinkling water)

04A4833A-AC3D-4424-8BF3-85FD9CBA6D32.jpeg

The Carpet Of Light
(Think this is my favourite)
8A672EB9-0AE2-41DF-90C4-261DC95006F7.jpeg

Enchanted Pond
(See the People on top of the little Hill)
5A577587-ACA6-4E2B-ABC9-1CB10D964154.jpeg

SpiralMorgana

6685CC29-E3CD-4AA8-B1E2-F0046D33A2EB.jpeg

Second place I had this optical illusion. Wonder if it’s really the rain curtain of something with the inner lens reflection or maybe you need both to get this effect. But it seems you cannot force it. :)

Good Morning Sunshine!
Last Winter Solstice celebration of the decade in Toronto, Canada (Kensington Market). This 20’ tall wooden sun figure was set ablaze tonight, calling back the sun and light on this longest of nights.
622CE78D-8685-499C-A8A3-F9786FD4E862.jpeg

Gosh! It’s two minutes to Sunday here. Sorry, but will now post the four left before it’s too late.

At The Fountain

View attachment 152925

The Carpet Of Light
View attachment 152926

Enchanted Pond
View attachment 152927

SpiralMorgana

View attachment 152928

Second place I had this optical illusion. Wonder if it’s really the rain curtain of something with the inner lens reflection or maybe you need both to get this effect. But it seems you cannot force it. :)
Every one is fabulous. :notworthy:

At The Fountain

View attachment 152925

The Carpet Of Light
View attachment 152926

Enchanted Pond
View attachment 152927

SpiralMorgana

View attachment 152928

Love, love love the second one!

Back
Top Bottom