MobiColour RESULT: MC #204 Theme: Tranquility Amongst the Chaos - December 23-29, 2019

A walk on the snowy beach before family dinner

D0EC4BD4-2C00-4898-BE62-355AA472CE6A.jpeg

Grinch ‘n Gouvy... :whistle:

I am turning this one on its head - “Chaos Amongst the Tranquility”... :D

Courtesy of a very good EU friend, our very own GroovyGouvy - thank you so much m’dear... :inlove:

4F39F635-D2C4-4C9C-877F-5959CD9306ED.jpeg

Hipstamatic - Ven’s Special
Lens = John S
Film = Kodot X Grizzled

Flash = Leprechaun Tears Gel

Grinch ‘n Gouvy... :whistle:

I am turning this one on its head - “Chaos Amongst the Tranquility”... :D

Courtesy of a very good EU friend, our very own GroovyGouvy - thank you so much m’dear... :inlove:

View attachment 153244

Hipstamatic - Ven’s Special
Lens = John S
Film = Kodot X Grizzled

Flash = Leprechaun Tears Gel
How perfect!! :lol:

Ewwwww, look at all of that pigeon poop! I presume there must be something to perch on above this poor old cone.
It's beneath a porch of an 18th centrury, several story derelict mill in the middle of an impoverished patchwork of residential and light industrial buildings. There's probably not enough wood in the structure to be able to torch it for insuance purposes which is why it's just been sitting there for decades for all I know.

seasons greetings to you all.

truly hope you all had the time you wished for over the Christmas period.

many thanks to those who took part in this weeks challenge.

my top 3 follow with an honourable mention

the winner for me was this photo by sinnerjohn ... my father was in the fire service, and I have a number of friends who now serve in the emergency services, many of whom I served with waaaay back in the day... and so this photo was particularly stirring... quite often, certainly in years past, very little thought was given by the population at large that there were those men and women who were hard at work keeping us safe, protecting us. There were a couple of Christmases that I, too, was on duty, so I always raise a glass or two to those currently serving and wish them a peaceful time of it.

thank you John for evoking such thoughts and emotion with that photo.
View attachment 152997
Calm..... and hopefully it will stay that way for the good men and women that are always on duty.
john.jpg

2nd place to this marvellous shot... a great way to calm ones soul is a barefoot walk, whether on soft grass, or, as in this photo, golden sands along the shoreline... a perfectly formed footprint I would say... and it certainly elicited a feeling of calm seeing this on my screen.

Just a quiet walk along the waters edge with the DH.
View attachment 153050
ann.jpeg

ah, perfectly captured ... the epitome of calm ... 20,000 years ago cats were worshipped as Gods... and they have never forgotten it
View attachment 152995
Tranquility after the chaos. :hearteyecat:
timmy.jpeg

a hat tip to you, Max, for your focus, and readiness... at play with the crayon but able to jump on the bike at a moment’s notice. I hope you had a blast over the Christmas season, young man.
Max relaxing with his new bicycle helmet
Darkroom
View attachment 153041
david.jpeg

there you go... many thanks.

this marks the end of not just a year, but of a decade... I wish you all a fabulous year end, and here’s to your next chapter.

:notworthy: many thanks Steve, its an honour to see out the decade, among such talented people.
I've been wanting to take a photo of the fire station for a while and last week the conditions were just right, the traffic was light and the time was appropriate to remember the people that have to be on duty no matter what.
High fives to ImageArt RoseCat and deepop great images all.

Before Catherine asks ;) next weeks theme, the first of 2020 (and to think I was once a theme hater :rolleyes:, I actually quite like a theme these days, it focuses the mind)
will be............ LOOK UP.............. as always your interpretation requested.

seasons greetings to you all.

truly hope you all had the time you wished for over the Christmas period.

many thanks to those who took part in this weeks challenge.

my top 3 follow with an honourable mention

the winner for me was this photo by sinnerjohn ... my father was in the fire service, and I have a number of friends who now serve in the emergency services, many of whom I served with waaaay back in the day... and so this photo was particularly stirring... quite often, certainly in years past, very little thought was given by the population at large that there were those men and women who were hard at work keeping us safe, protecting us. There were a couple of Christmases that I, too, was on duty, so I always raise a glass or two to those currently serving and wish them a peaceful time of it.

2nd place to this marvellous shot... a great way to calm ones soul is a barefoot walk, whether on soft grass, or, as in this photo, golden sands along the shoreline... a perfectly formed footprint I would say... and it certainly elicited a feeling of calm seeing this on my screen.

ah, perfectly captured ... the epitome of calm ... 20,000 years ago cats were worshipped as Gods... and they have never forgotten it

a hat tip to you, Max, for your focus, and readiness... at play with the crayon but able to jump on the bike at a moment’s notice. I hope you had a blast over the Christmas season, young man.

there you go... many thanks.

this marks the end of not just a year, but of a decade... I wish you all a fabulous year end, and here’s to your next chapter.
Great choices and lovely sentiments. Congrats to the John, Ann, and Catherine. Thanks,Steve, for the mention.

Back
Top Bottom