MobiColour RESULT: MC #205 Theme: LOOK UP - Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2020

My daughter & I have a Christmas tradition dating back to her childhood where we lie on the floor with our heads under the Christmas tree looking up. I enjoy the different perspective on an otherwise familiar subject. This year we weren't able to be together at Christmas and I forgot all about lying under the tree. Perhaps it also had to do with this being the first year in my life I have not had a real Christmas tree. The artificial tree is nice enough but it doesn‘t have the interesting natural details a real tree has.
Yes, I remember you telling us about your tradition... love that, and sorry that you missed it this year.

Leaving Work in Tampa

Captured with iPhone 8 Plus - No Edits

4128144F-7A1A-4A5D-8804-1C66E047E948.jpeg

Thought I should try and give Hip X a go. This was taken using the Art House Camera Which chooses an arty combo for you.
View attachment 153587
Its a nice image, but does the Hipsta crinkles add anything? The tones are nice and I guess that's hipsta. I feel very underwhelmed about an app that was once King of the filters and probably the one thing I'd buy an iphone for.

My daughter & I have a Christmas tradition dating back to her childhood where we lie on the floor with our heads under the Christmas tree looking up. I enjoy the different perspective on an otherwise familiar subject. This year we weren't able to be together at Christmas and I forgot all about lying under the tree. Perhaps it also had to do with this being the first year in my life I have not had a real Christmas tree. The artificial tree is nice enough but it doesn‘t have the interesting natural details a real tree has.

now there’s an idea for a thread: ‘strange unique family rituals‘ :thumbs:

I recognise those trees! Where did you go in Au, Ann - and how long? Did you know that on the Mid East coast an area the size of Belgium is [still] burning? And three fireys have been killed fighting the fires? (Fireys in general are heroes here — when one dies trying to protect us/the land, we all weep).

I recognise those trees! Where did you go in Au, Ann - and how long? Did you know that on the Mid East coast an area the size of Belgium is [still] burning? And three fireys have been killed fighting the fires? (Fireys in general are heroes here — when one dies trying to protect us/the land, we all weep).
We weep for them too, even though we’re in another country. We’re all feeling your pain here. It’s just horrendous.

Its a nice image, but does the Hipsta crinkles add anything? The tones are nice and I guess that's hipsta. I feel very underwhelmed about an app that was once King of the filters and probably the one thing I'd buy an iphone for.
No, the crinkles are absolutely horrible. The filter without them would be ok. I find Hip X clunky. I just haven’t got the enthusiasm to try and set up the combos that I used to like and the new categories are somehow blah. Can’t find combos I like. Maybe when I’m REALLY bored on a flight... Maybe I’ve just moved on....

No, the crinkles are absolutely horrible. The filter without them would be ok. I find Hip X clunky. I just haven’t got the enthusiasm to try and set up the combos that I used to like and the new categories are somehow blah. Can’t find combos I like. Maybe when I’m REALLY bored on a flight... Maybe I’ve just moved on....
I think mobile photography has moved on. Sure there are absolute Hipsta wizards out there, some on this forum, but generally I think its had its day. Look at the last two first Friday threads, there were virtually no replies.

Back
Top Bottom