MobiColour RESULT: MC #205 Theme: LOOK UP - Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2020

I recognise those trees! Where did you go in Au, Ann - and how long? Did you know that on the Mid East coast an area the size of Belgium is [still] burning? And three fireys have been killed fighting the fires? (Fireys in general are heroes here — when one dies trying to protect us/the land, we all weep).
I’m in Adelaide now, Jen. Wine farms here wiped out by fire. We went to Kangaroo Valley South of Sydney early Dec and I see that this area is now being devastated by fire. We have just come from your neck of the woods. Went up to Pinnacles and then down along the coast to Albany. Saw them putting out fires on the way back from Pinnacles around Yanchep. Went to Yanchep National Park where some of the walks have been closed. I mean it’s EVERYWHERE. My heart goes out to all the people and poor animals. It’s heartbreaking. :(

Some of the areas would be eerily beautiful photographs if it wasn’t so tragic. These images are from video stills taken while going past in the car and these are areas where I don’t think the fires were that intense.
C2A1FB06-A408-47E8-885E-885A2E843BE9.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m in Adelaide now, Jen. Wine farms here wiped out by fire. We went to Kangaroo Valley South of Sydney early Dec and I see that this area is now being devastated by fire. We have just come from your neck of the woods. Went up to Pinnacles and then down along the coast to Albany. Saw them putting out fires on the way back from Pinnacles around Yanchep. Went to Yanchep National Park where some of the walks have been closed. I mean it’s EVERYWHERE. My heart goes out to all the people and poor animals. It’s heartbreaking. :(

Some of the areas would be eerily beautiful photographs if it wasn’t so tragic. These images are from video stills taken while going past in the car and these are areas where I don’t think the fires were that intense.
View attachment 153629

yeah, those trees still have foliage, so not that intense compared to the wastelands appearing over east.

only time I read newspapers is in coffee places, and today I had to put it away bcs of the aerial photos. We already know some unspeakable number of animals - both wild and farmed - and birds dead. And photos today of herds backed up against fences . . . more than I could manage.

And people found dead in their homes - heartbreaking. And unbelievable, after all our experiences of devastating fires (wasn’t that long ago an entire town burned to the ground) that some people don’t get out when they’re told to get out.

Twice now we’ve sat on our verandah with with dog on lead and car packed (DH computer stuff, my art supplies and a change of clothes - funny what matters when it comes down to it), watching the smoke and the occasional visible sparks — but staying put while the birds were still twittering about in our trees. I figured the birds would leave well before we had to. Both times the fires were contained before the birds seemed even to notice.

And that’s the worst it’s ever been for us (industrial area on the coast about halfway between perth & Mandurah, if those names mean anything to you :) )

I think rizole might rule that thread!! :D
We have a set of games that I've played with the kids over the years that have names that provoke a certain amount of shock in some but are all good natured, fun and understood as such in the family. So general horse play is called the fighting game. There are sub games in there called get off my bed and he's my favourite. Then there's 'That's racist', 'I wanted a girl' and 'You've ruined my life'. My youngest's fav is 'stop bullying me. :rolleyes:

We have a set of games that I've played with the kids over the years that have names that provoke a certain amount of shock in some but are all good natured, fun and understood as such in the family. So general horse play is called the fighting game. There are sub games in there called get off my bed and he's my favourite. Then there's 'That's racist', 'I wanted a girl' and 'You've ruined my life'. My youngest's fav is 'stop bullying me. :rolleyes:

if we had more parents like you & Mrs rizole the world would be a better, kinder place :inlove:

No, the crinkles are absolutely horrible. The filter without them would be ok. I find Hip X clunky. I just haven’t got the enthusiasm to try and set up the combos that I used to like and the new categories are somehow blah. Can’t find combos I like. Maybe when I’m REALLY bored on a flight... Maybe I’ve just moved on....
I’m with you on X. I end up editing them anyway so why shoot with it?

Images of your family and traditions bring delight to me. We had unusual traditions when my kids were still home (some we continue) For example, decorating the gargoyle and godzillas for Xmas, cooking tacos for ALL major holidays.

View attachment 153629
This is heartbreaking. So much devastation. I heard today that up to 30% of the Koala population have possibly been killed. Not to mention all the other animals: some of which we in the northern hemisphere have not even heard of. Or would want to in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom