MobiColour RESULT: MC #205 Theme: LOOK UP - Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2020

yeah, those trees still have foliage, so not that intense compared to the wastelands appearing over east.

only time I read newspapers is in coffee places, and today I had to put it away bcs of the aerial photos. We already know some unspeakable number of animals - both wild and farmed - and birds dead. And photos today of herds backed up against fences . . . more than I could manage.

And people found dead in their homes - heartbreaking. And unbelievable, after all our experiences of devastating fires (wasn’t that long ago an entire town burned to the ground) that some people don’t get out when they’re told to get out.

Twice now we’ve sat on our verandah with with dog on lead and car packed (DH computer stuff, my art supplies and a change of clothes - funny what matters when it comes down to it), watching the smoke and the occasional visible sparks — but staying put while the birds were still twittering about in our trees. I figured the birds would leave well before we had to. Both times the fires were contained before the birds seemed even to notice.

And that’s the worst it’s ever been for us (industrial area on the coast about halfway between perth & Mandurah, if those names mean anything to you :) )
Yeah, know exactly where that is. We went through Mandurah. Wanted to take the route close to the coast When we went to Margaret River.

I can’t even think about it otherwise I’d be too distressed. The news has been difficult to watch.

Look up.
20200102_125725-01.jpeg

I think mobile photography has moved on. Sure there are absolute Hipsta wizards out there, some on this forum, but generally I think its had its day. Look at the last two first Friday threads, there were virtually no replies.

I’m not so sure, you could have said the same remarks five years ago, like they did in a article ‘The 9 Most Popular Apps No One Uses Anymore’ yet Hipstamatic is still around, gimmick or not. The monthly gear releases haven‘t helped, the various app iterations have been questionable (as they said themselves in a recent write up) but for being spontaneous or just trying something different I find Hipstamatic hard to beat, even if I use it less these days.

I think mobile photography has moved on. Sure there are absolute Hipsta wizards out there, some on this forum, but generally I think its had its day. Look at the last two first Friday threads, there were virtually no replies.
A lot of effects were applied to mobile photos in the beginning because the quality wasn’t always good enough but now the quality of mobile images is so good it seems a shame to ‘ruin’ them with effects.

Lots of great entries this week for the first MC of 2020. I guess there were always going to be lots of trees and architecture, thing that we look up to see, I know its what I would have entered.

Again LOTS of great entries but I'll choose 3 I liked best, don't feel left out if I don't mention you, you're all winners, apart from the people that didn't enter, then you're the losers :lol:

1st place goes to JillyG and at first I didn't even get this image, but on further inspection it turned out to be a fascinating 'look up'.
1578256067287.png

2nd place goes to Kentaro with not one but two fantastic architectural beauties.
1578256262862.png

Mobitog is not letting me upload the other one but its the Foundation one with the orange girders, both great images.

3rd is ImageArt with her amazing underwater looking up. But again Mobitog is giving me an annoying 'You may only attach 3 files' message. So I give up with that. Ann's image is the last to be posted today.
F5725751-657A-4238-99E5-F7CF1677CE26.jpeg

Well done all, great images. Looking at you JillyG to give us a real hard theme for next week !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom