MobiColour RESULT: MC #205 Theme: LOOK UP - Dec 30 - Jan 5, 2020

Lots of great entries this week for the first MC of 2020. I guess there were always going to be lots of trees and architecture, thing that we look up to see, I know its what I would have entered.

Again LOTS of great entries but I'll choose 3 I liked best, don't feel left out if I don't mention you, you're all winners, apart from the people that didn't enter, then you're the losers :lol:

1st place goes to JillyG and at first I didn't even get this image, but on further inspection it turned out to be a fascinating 'look up'.
View attachment 153814

2nd place goes to Kentaro with not one but two fantastic architectural beauties.
View attachment 153815
Mobitog is not letting me upload the other one but its the Foundation one with the orange girders, both great images.

3rd is ImageArt with her amazing underwater looking up. But again Mobitog is giving me an annoying 'You may only attach 3 files' message. So I give up with that. Ann's image is the last to be posted today.
View attachment 153821
Well done all, great images. Looking at you JillyG to give us a real hard theme for next week !!
Wow, thanks John. I have to say I can’t believe I’ve won this one, because of the high quality of all of the images posted, but I’m so pleased that my image appealed to you. Well done to Kentaro Cian and ImageArt Ann. The theme for the next MCC will be Abandoned or Forgotten Things. As usual, please interpret the theme as you desire - no image will be too obscure or odd.:thumbs:

I’m in Adelaide now, Jen. Wine farms here wiped out by fire. We went to Kangaroo Valley South of Sydney early Dec and I see that this area is now being devastated by fire. We have just come from your neck of the woods. Went up to Pinnacles and then down along the coast to Albany. Saw them putting out fires on the way back from Pinnacles around Yanchep. Went to Yanchep National Park where some of the walks have been closed. I mean it’s EVERYWHERE. My heart goes out to all the people and poor animals. It’s heartbreaking. :(

Some of the areas would be eerily beautiful photographs if it wasn’t so tragic. These images are from video stills taken while going past in the car and these are areas where I don’t think the fires were that intense.
View attachment 153629
yeah, those trees still have foliage, so not that intense compared to the wastelands appearing over east.

only time I read newspapers is in coffee places, and today I had to put it away bcs of the aerial photos. We already know some unspeakable number of animals - both wild and farmed - and birds dead. And photos today of herds backed up against fences . . . more than I could manage.

And people found dead in their homes - heartbreaking. And unbelievable, after all our experiences of devastating fires (wasn’t that long ago an entire town burned to the ground) that some people don’t get out when they’re told to get out.

Twice now we’ve sat on our verandah with with dog on lead and car packed (DH computer stuff, my art supplies and a change of clothes - funny what matters when it comes down to it), watching the smoke and the occasional visible sparks — but staying put while the birds were still twittering about in our trees. I figured the birds would leave well before we had to. Both times the fires were contained before the birds seemed even to notice.

And that’s the worst it’s ever been for us (industrial area on the coast about halfway between perth & Mandurah, if those names mean anything to you :) )
It’s so heartbreaking... I can’t watch the videos online. :sad:

We have a set of games that I've played with the kids over the years that have names that provoke a certain amount of shock in some but are all good natured, fun and understood as such in the family. So general horse play is called the fighting game. There are sub games in there called get off my bed and he's my favourite. Then there's 'That's racist', 'I wanted a girl' and 'You've ruined my life'. My youngest's fav is 'stop bullying me. :rolleyes:
Haha... that is fabulous.

Lots of great entries this week for the first MC of 2020. I guess there were always going to be lots of trees and architecture, thing that we look up to see, I know its what I would have entered.

Again LOTS of great entries but I'll choose 3 I liked best, don't feel left out if I don't mention you, you're all winners, apart from the people that didn't enter, then you're the losers :lol:

1st place goes to JillyG and at first I didn't even get this image, but on further inspection it turned out to be a fascinating 'look up'.
View attachment 153814

2nd place goes to Kentaro Cian with not one but two fantastic architectural beauties.
View attachment 153815
Mobitog is not letting me upload the other one but its the Foundation one with the orange girders, both great images.

3rd is ImageArt with her amazing underwater looking up. But again Mobitog is giving me an annoying 'You may only attach 3 files' message. So I give up with that. Ann's image is the last to be posted today.
View attachment 153821
Well done all, great images. Looking at you JillyG to give us a real hard theme for next week !!
Fabulous choices, John!! I love all of these... each one a unique perspective. :inlove: Super congrats JillyG Jilly, Kentaro and ImageArt Ann! :notworthy:

What a great week in MobiColour! Excellent theme, John :thumbs:

congrats Jilly Cian & Ann (girls rool this week :) ) and all the other winners :notworthy:

Love from One Of The Losers xxx

We have a set of games that I've played with the kids over the years that have names that provoke a certain amount of shock in some but are all good natured, fun and understood as such in the family. So general horse play is called the fighting game. There are sub games in there called get off my bed and he's my favourite. Then there's 'That's racist', 'I wanted a girl' and 'You've ruined my life'. My youngest's fav is 'stop bullying me. :rolleyes:
My youngest and me's new game is snowflake/boomer. It particularly tickels us because I'm not a boomer and he's not a milennial. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom