MobiColour RESULT: MC #208 Theme: All Things Deery - January 27-February 2, 2020

This is not a deer but it has a horn...And I feel like we like to stretch a point around here sometimes ;)
I saw it when I went for a beer at the Rhino tonight. It sort of hangs down from its ... I guess Wooden plaque? So it points down into the room instead of pointing out across the room.
9D601DBC-C1B5-4D15-88B8-5EB73991903D.jpeg

There are quite a few deer round here but they are very shy and skittish and you usually only see them when they run away. They'll mostly see you before you see them. Occasionally one will stand there barking at you from a distance to let you know it's seen you.

These two pics are from last autumn walking home from work down the canal towpath. A deer on the opposite side came down for a drink. They are poor quality because I was trying to look like I hadn't spotted it so it wouldn't get spooked. I carried on walking and took pictures from the hip without looking. I wouldn't normally post such poor quality but when's this theme ever going to come up again?

20191015_172215.jpg
20191015_172226.jpg

Last edited:
Given the theme is being stretched I threw together a family tree of all the aminals used so far and all their relatives because... well that's how I roll.
View attachment 154769
The numbers are millions of years ago and are approximate dates of when a group last shared a common ancestor.
I have been assigned to quite a few biology classes over the last eight years, and I’ve become quite science nerd. Evolution and natural selection are my favorite chapters.

Given the theme is being stretched I threw together a family tree of all the aminals used so far and all their relatives because... well that's how I roll.
View attachment 154769
The numbers are millions of years ago and are approximate dates of when a group last shared a common ancestor.

the things you learn @ mobitog

There are quite a few deer round here but they are very shy and skittish and you usually only see them when they run away. They'll mostly see you before you see them. Occasionally one will stand there barking at you from a distance to let you know it's seen you.

Deer bark?

This is not a deer but it has a horn...
Deer have horns?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a deer. But I see a few llama most days and today i drove past a paddock full of medium sized kangaroos eating grass. You don't usually see so many in one place. There’s been quite a bit of fire around the area lately — they might’ve been driven out :(

Deer bark?

Deer have horns?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a deer. But I see a few llama most days and today i drove past a paddock full of medium sized kangaroos eating grass. You don't usually see so many in one place. There’s been quite a bit of fire around the area lately — they might’ve been driven out :(
Deer have antlers. But people say horn by habit I think. Antlers are shed each year while horns are not.

who actually buys these things :confused:
Well the garden centre in question has been going for 70 years and been doing very well and expanding since I've been going to it so someone must be buying them. They also do ornate balinese hand carved statues and life sized wood and metal animal sculptures that go for £1000 plus. If you have too much disposable income and a very large garden I can see the appeal I guess.

ornate balinese hand carved statues and life sized wood and metal animal sculptures
Yeah I get that, but the weirder end of the scale like the smiling chipmunk (?) wearing his Christmas reindeer jumper :rolleyes:
Mind you thinking about it, my parents had some weird stuff in their garden, maybe I've not quite reached that age yet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom