MobiColour RESULT: MC #209 Theme: Looking Down - February 3-9, 2020

Oh, and one “staged” one:
Shot from 20th of Jan. 20 (Hipstamatic X) and pimped with the help of Poster by Cosmoshark :)

Pimped Sperrmüll

DE3B23D5-C14C-4717-9896-B4C9D3F7C619.jpeg

Oh. My. Goodness. Is this today? That rubbish bin floating about amongst the gravestones adds another dimension.
Yes. The water is very cold, the things I do to get a shot eh? I've certainly used soap on my legs today, you don't know what's in flood water.
It's not half as bad as 2015, thankfully, but one of the worst I've seen whilst living here.

This was a tough one... I loved so many of the images!! :notworthy:

It was a very close tie between two of ImageArt Ann's images..."MONA" and "Taking a Break". I ultimately chose this one because of the unique composition, geometry and story it tells. Such a wonderful discovery and capture - congrats Ann! :D

First place to ImageArt Ann's "Taking a Break"

1581290193930.png

Second place to GroovyGouvy Gouvy's "Both Sides Now". Just love the composition, colors, the feel of looking into a porthole to another world, and a great subtle selfie.
both sides now gouvy.jpeg

Third place to deepop David's "Succulence". Another great composition, and I'm a sucker for succulents. :D
1581289930474.png

Really, every other image deserves an HM, but these stood out for me.

Honorable Mentions:
terse Ted's "Pigeons" cuz, well PIGEONS.
sinnerjohn John's "Badlands" - I love the juxtaposition of nature & trash. Call me weird. :feet:
rizole 's "Gaggle" - great geometry here, and the water/sand line is reminiscent of yin/yang.
rizole 's "Another one of these things" - his oil&water compositions are so wonderful!
deepop David's "Selfie and the navel-gazer" - perfect composition and that tousled head! :inlove:
Glasshousebc Steve's "Downstream" - so lovely, and I like the variation on the theme.
JillyG Jilly's "Swans or Ostriches?" - hilarious take on the theme. :D

This was a tough one... I loved so many of the images!! :notworthy:

It was a very close tie between two of ImageArt Ann's images..."MONA" and "Taking a Break". I ultimately chose this one because of the unique composition, geometry and story it tells. Such a wonderful discovery and capture - congrats Ann! :D

First place to ImageArt Ann's "Taking a Break"

View attachment 155064

Second place to GroovyGouvy Gouvy's "Both Sides Now". Just love the composition, colors, the feel of looking into a porthole to another world, and a great subtle selfie.
View attachment 155065

Third place to deepop David's "Succulence". Another great composition, and I'm a sucker for succulents. :D
View attachment 155062

Really, every other image deserves an HM, but these stood out for me.

Honorable Mentions:
terse Ted's "Pigeons" cuz, well PIGEONS.
sinnerjohn John's "Badlands" - I love the juxtaposition of nature & trash. Call me weird. :feet:
rizole 's "Gaggle" - great geometry here, and the water/sand line is reminiscent of yin/yang.
rizole 's "Another one of these things" - his oil&water compositions are so wonderful!
deepop David's "Selfie and the navel-gazer" - perfect composition and that tousled head! :inlove:
Glasshousebc Steve's "Downstream" - so lovely, and I like the variation on the theme.
JillyG Jilly's "Swans or Ostriches?" - hilarious take on the theme. :D
Wow, thanks, Catherine. Well done to everybody else. It was a great theme this week and some great interpretations.

Great theme, RoseCat - good to see so many interpretations, too

congrats Ann! and ‘what Cat said’ :inlove:
congrats Gouvy, David and all HMs :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

and if I might be so bold: *respect* to our Captain Rizole for sacrificing his unwashed legs for the sake of Art. Greater love etc etc :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom