MobiColour RESULT: MC #212 Theme: Geometry - February 24-March 1, 2020

Sunrise shadow selfie shapes
Darkroom
AF214833-973B-40C1-ABD0-B61894E3A8FC.jpeg

Last edited:
roof angle - crop and toned with google photos

nice curves !

Here’s a fun fact about the curve: it is commonly explained as ‘an image of a continuous function from an interval to a topological space’ :mobibabe:

another fun fact about curves: a simple curve is a curve that doesn’t cross itself :lmao: (that kills me every time); a closed curve, on the other hand, crosses its own path :lmao:

that’s all I remember from geometry (trigonometry?). I remember there was some stuff about measuring waves across a line. I was doing math physics and chemistry bcs I wanted to study medicine. But I couldn’t learn the periodic table, and the wavy lines did my head in. So I took a philosophy class instead :lol: Physics was cool, though - I met my husband in physics class. And medicine really dodged a bullet: so it was win::win.

View attachment 155551

Geometry in a mirror universe
Lightroom

More clever.
also you haveyour books in alphabetical order !? How do you accomodate the books that keep moving in to your house? What do you do when you need to fit another Heidegger in between Hegel and Hemingway?

Edit: and you like Julian Barnes! I loved Flaubert’s Parrot.

It’s 0.7 mile long. We stopped in Marla (about 280 miles south of Alice Springs) for sunrise.

learn something every day. (That’s going to take some time to sink in - how does a train get to be > a kilometre long?:eek:)

I only guessed at the Ghan because i recalled your your plan to take it. I’m glad I recognised the dirt, though.
seriously, how amazing is that red dirt?? :inlove: I lived in it for years. On the great big mineral rock that is our continent:inlove:

View attachment 155552

Parallel lines converging at infinity in a non-Euclidean universe
Lightroom

Okay, despite my best intentions (and my sworn commitment to protect my mental health from such things) the image::title stirs a memory of something else I didn't learn in physics. Euclidean has something to do with points and lines and where they intersect. Or don’t. At some distance, your trees would intersect. What would they do in a Euclidean space? Universe.

Back
Top Bottom