MobiColour RESULT: MC #212 Theme: Geometry - February 24-March 1, 2020

There’s some geometry going on here:
Astronomical clock in Museo Galileo in Florence
Hipsta
98649E50-A5E3-4F65-BCDA-2AC79C9E4D41.jpeg

Okay, despite my best intentions (and my sworn commitment to protect my mental health from such things) the image::title stirs a memory of something else I didn't learn in physics. Euclidean has something to do with points and lines and where they intersect. Or don’t. At some distance, your trees would intersect. What would they do in a Euclidean space? Universe.
Umm... It's been a really long time since geometry, but that's what I get for trying to be clever, I suppose. :lmao:

Euclid's geometry is 2D: points, lines, and planes. He has a postulate that is something like: If two lines (A & B) lie in the same plane and are both perpendicular to the same third line (C), then lines A and B will always be the same distance apart, measured at any point, no matter how far they are extended. That's "Parallel lines never meet."

There are other geometries, though, that have different rules/postulates, so it would be possible to have a non-Euclidean geometry in which parallel lines do meet (or maybe in which there are no parallel lines). Maybe a sci-fi universe where space curves in on itself at the edge.

Just for random examples of non-Euclidean-ness: In Euclid, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. On the surface of the earth (a sphere, more or less), the shortest distance between two points is a curve. In Euclid, the sum of the interior angles of a triangle always equals 180 degrees. If you project that triangle onto a sphere, like the earth again, the sum of the interior angles is more than 180.

All subject to correction from any person who knows more about it than I do (of whom there are a great many).

:inlove: I love these spots. Circles. You gave me a version ages ago (do you remember?) and I’ve used it a million times :inlove:
Where did they come from? Are they fabric?

I couldn’t remember where they came from until last year when I had my winter tires put on. There they were......on a lampshade in the waiting room! :lmao:

The Geometry of Parking

View attachment 155611

Yes, we had snow last night and I parked Leela backwards in her slot. The area was untouched and I was happy to see I can even draw with an automobile. :joycat:
Think it’s a beautiful bug or sitting bee I produced here.
Apple cam, BeSafe
I love this!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom