MobiColour RESULT: MC #218 Theme: Look Again - April 20-26, 2020

Something a little different, but a view I pass frequently at the moment without thinking too much about it as it is so close to home...
View attachment 157090
However it might interest some to know that the wooded hill in the background is Cadbury Castle, a Bronze and Iron Age hill fort recorded by the traveller John Leland. In 1542 he claimed this to be the site of King Arthur’s Camelot, possibly because the River Cam is close by. On firmer ground there is some evidence that the site was stormed by the Romans in their push west after the invasion in 43AD, and the Roman general in charge was Vespasian, builder of the Coloseum.

Usual iPhone XS plus Snapseed.
I’ve just looked it up - it’s a magnificent hill fort - the trees hide the full majesty of it. When all this madness is over, we need you to get up there and photograph from the summit (If you have a spare few hours). How are you and your mum?

Looking Backwards (again)

7FEC5036-1371-4E91-A346-D153559E4933.jpeg

Waiting at the pub again (where I seem to take most of photos at the moment).
Hipstamatic

Then. The 96 yo mother of an Italian colleague scoffed and waved her hands about and (approx translation) ‘heaven’s sake just dump them in a tub of salt water for six weeks, rinse them off and put them in jars’.
:notworthy: :lol: ❤️

Something a little different, but a view I pass frequently at the moment without thinking too much about it as it is so close to home...
View attachment 157090
However it might interest some to know that the wooded hill in the background is Cadbury Castle, a Bronze and Iron Age hill fort recorded by the traveller John Leland. In 1542 he claimed this to be the site of King Arthur’s Camelot, possibly because the River Cam is close by. On firmer ground there is some evidence that the site was stormed by the Romans in their push west after the invasion in 43AD, and the Roman general in charge was Vespasian, builder of the Coloseum.

wow, that’s a lot of history in your back yardo_O

wow, that’s a lot of history in your back yardo_O
Yes; I'm very lucky to live where I do. A few miles away at Sherborne, where I used to work, the Castle used to be the home of Walter Raleigh, one of the first to attempt colonising the Americas. The City of Wells and Glastonbury are about 25 minutes away and plenty of other interesting places - but all out of bounds at the moment:(

I’ve just looked it up - it’s a magnificent hill fort - the trees hide the full majesty of it. When all this madness is over, we need you to get up there and photograph from the summit (If you have a spare few hours). How are you and your mum?
Hi Jilly - all going quite well at the moment thanks, hopefully the same for you. I have been up Cadbury several times, right now with limited time out and about I’d have trouble getting there but yes I could do something at some stage.

So beginning with a weakly enforced theme at the start of the week, we've had some lovely subs.
HM's to deepop's gone fishing and sinnerjohn@s Beach huts Hatsings.

In third is terse with Interseller Interceptor. Brilliant stuff but I thought the crop wasn't quite there.

In second is NickLeon with You tell me. Love the textures, composition and detail.

I have to give first place to Nesiah this week.
inCollage_20200426_185007754.jpg

Playful, interesting, great detail and fulfilling the weeks brief of looking again and seeing something new. Well done Nesiah. Sorry to lay a win on you in the first few days of you being on mobitog but I realy like your pic above the others.
A win on the mobi colour thread means you have to choose the theme for the next week. To take pressure off you, you can declare a no theme week but if you have something you're interested in it's a good opportunity to get other people's take on it.

Wello done again. :)

So beginning with a weakly enforced theme at the start of the week, we've had some lovely subs.

In third is terse with Interseller Interceptor. Brilliant stuff but I thought the crop wasn't quite there.

In second is NickLeon with You tell me. Love the textures, composition and detail.

View attachment 157131
Playful, interesting, great detail and fulfilling the weeks brief of looking again and seeing something new. Well done Nesiah. Sorry to lay a win on you in the first few days of you being on mobitog but I realy like your pic above the others.
A win on the mobi colour thread means you have to choose the theme for the next week. To take pressure off you, you can declare a no theme week but if you have something you're interested in it's a good opportunity to get other people's take on it.

Congrats to Nesiah for the win and NickLeon for second. Well done, guys. Thanks for the third, rizole, and yes, I couldn't quite nail the crop for some reason, even though I tried a couple and I couldn't tell you right at this moment how I'd want change it. Maybe move the spaceship a bit to the left and bring the top down a little or....

View attachment 157131

Fabulous. Couldn't agree more with your choices, Rizole. Congrats Nesiah Rik!! Well deserved win, and what better way to get your toes wet here at MobiTog. :D Well done. Feel free to pop into the new MobiColor challenge HERE and let us know this week's theme.

High fives to placers NickLeon and terse Ted, and HMs deepop David and sinnerjohn. :thumbs:

OMG! Thanks so much. I spent a fair amount of time in the floor with my dog trying to get the right shots and them playing about with the collage ect. I've overwhelmed.

I'll come up with a theme first thing in the morning

View attachment 157131

Fantastic collage,Nesiah. I am still trying to figure out what body part is pictured in the upper right (? Footpads) but it looks like some alien caterpillar life form. Congrats to all the other finishers and honorable mentioned. Thanks, Rizole, for the HM.

Fantastic collage,Nesiah. I am still trying to figure out what body part is pictured in the upper right (? Footpads) but it looks like some alien caterpillar life form. Congrats to all the other finishers and honorable mentioned. Thanks, Rizole, for the HM.

I was actually thinking about making it difficult to figure out what the body parts were, but the nose just gave it away, so decided against it. But it is indeed his paw. My 8 year old friend for life ,( Harley)

Congrats to Nesiah (and Harley) for something truly different. Your patience definitely rewarded.

View attachment 157090

Wonderful! Sometimes a view like this can look very ordinary but the balance is lovely.

View attachment 157131

Fab Nesiah! Just loved the images this week.

Wonderful! Sometimes a view like this can look very ordinary but the balance is lovely.
Thank you. It is interesting how this seems to ‘work’ whereas it could look so bland. I think it might have something to do with the way the strong greens in the foreground gradually give way to that paler green, like a flat triangle, pointing to the hill, which, being hazy, adds to the mystery of the story behind it... or is this just wishful thinking. Whatever, it does seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom