MobiColour RESULT: MC #220 Theme: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water - May 3-17, 2020

7343407D-772F-4A98-97E1-4FEDCF84CA6D.jpeg

A fire in the mind
iColorama

Wow, where/how did you take/make that?
Let's see... It started while I was cooling my heels in the doctor's office. I took a photo of a poster on the wall that had a skull in cross-section, illustrating the blood vessels, I think. I applied a Negative and/or X-ray filter to that (maybe in ACDSee) and the worked it over in iColorama with Edges/1 and Lighten/1 and some color twists. Then a bit later I was looking at a photo I had of birds on a branch, applied the same iColorama processing to it, and layered the two together, where the lines of the bird/branch photo mixed in nicely with the lines of the blood vessels. I think that's how it went, anyway.

(So it's not my skull or brain there. I did see Lorraine's brain scan live on a monitor once, though. It was green.)

Earth and water. Sheddon Clough limestone hushings. Hushing is a way of flooding or washing a landscape with large amounts of water to wash away the topsoil and expose the minerals, limestone in this case, for excavation. It makes a landscape that looks a bit like hobitton. This quarry was active in the 18th and 19th centurys.
View attachment 157469
That's Pendle hill in the background for reference.
Fantastic landscape, only problem for me is that my eye is constantly drawn to the bright/blown out cloud to the left of the tree, when the focus should be really on that lovely old tree. I'd love to visit there.

Let's see... It started while I was cooling my heels in the doctor's office. I took a photo of a poster on the wall that had a skull in cross-section, illustrating the blood vessels, I think. I applied a Negative and/or X-ray filter to that (maybe in ACDSee) and the worked it over in iColorama with Edges/1 and Lighten/1 and some color twists. Then a bit later I was looking at a photo I had of birds on a branch, applied the same iColorama processing to it, and layered the two together, where the lines of the bird/branch photo mixed in nicely with the lines of the blood vessels. I think that's how it went, anyway.

(So it's not my skull or brain there. I did see Lorraine's brain scan live on a monitor once, though. It was green.)
Ha-ha! That’s what I call the “iColorama game”. It’s my waiting room go to.

Fantastic landscape, only problem for me is that my eye is constantly drawn to the bright/blown out cloud to the left of the tree, when the focus should be really on that lovely old tree. I'd love to visit there.
Yeah, the lighting wasn't great. A bright sunny day but with a lot of bright cloud casting shadow. I mostly ended up with blown out skies or underexposed landscape.

Yeah, the lighting wasn't great. A bright sunny day but with a lot of bright cloud casting shadow. I mostly ended up with blown out skies or underexposed landscape.
If you watch the video in the thread entitled 'Can you print large saleable landscape prints with an iPhone?' and maybe a few more on that guys YouTube channel, it kind of makes me want to give up with landscapes altogether! :rolleyes:

Sometimes Lightroom Mobile's HDR DNG can give enough leeway to recover the highlights and shadows in post-processing. (Sometimes.)

Over the years I've gotten into the habit of taking two shots, one balanced for the sky and one for the land and DE them together. Problem is there's a good percentage of pics that are just not interesting and it's not easy to know which pics they are until i review them.
So very irritating to take double the rubbish without knowing it's rubbish without a review.

:notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom