MobiColour RESULT: MC #221 Theme: NO THEME May 17 - 24, 2020

These were on the roadside this morning...
970C0071-8391-4041-89E4-2CDAF1FD3889.jpeg

iPhone XS + a little tweaking in Snapseed.

The bane of the gardener’s life, they look good in the wild. If they were rare and hard to grow, we’d all be buying them because of that beautiful flower.
I was wondering about them; can’t recall seeing - or at least noticing - them before.

Despite there only being two pages in this week’s MCC, there are lots of marvellous images, so I’m closing the challenge to any more images and asking NickLeon Nick to choose his favourites. Whenever you’re ready Nick. :thumbs:

The bane of the gardener’s life, they look good in the wild. If they were rare and hard to grow, we’d all be buying them because of that beautiful flower.

is this what we call ‘morning glory’ — mine had a gorgeous blue-ish flower and was the most invasive vine I have ever known?

When I think of the ‘Colour’ Challenge I often think bold colours and majestic views. Perhaps not ‘herds of wildebeest sweeping magestically’, but you probably know what I mean. This week though, one image grabs me straight away.
At first glance it is something so mundane, but one that also grabs your attention because the photographer just concentrated on the colours right there, just in front of him. That would be terse with his Orange on Green - so very much in the Eggleston mode, it could only be the winner for me.
425AB98D-E94B-4E30-9264-63C0B611D8A2.jpeg

In second I place mcmillan A Colourful Sunset - a terrific capture which just separated it from the great efforts by TomHH and ImageArt
979AFDA9-3A06-48AB-A2B8-73A8FC63E618.jpeg

Indeed I must place TomHH in third as I also love Final Hour...; it so reminds me of holiday evenings long ago.
AADAFDB7-3AB5-48A5-8485-BC7F8B0ED76A.jpeg

As for the rest, all great images as usual here, with particular mentions for JillyG and her ants, whilst sinnerjohn produced something so completely different in the deceased housefly line... such serious lateral thinking it’s almost as though Damien Hirst was subbing for John this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
what’s this lovely bloom? Is it a shrub ? Or a very old vine?
I think a shrub that has taken root at the end of a hedge - a lot of stuff has been dumped there during a re- development project over the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom