MobiColour RESULT: MC #221 Theme: NO THEME May 17 - 24, 2020

When I think of the ‘Colour’ Challenge I often think bold colours and majestic views. Perhaps not ‘herds of wildebeest sweeping magestically’, but you probably know what I mean. This week though, one image grabs me straight away.
At first glance it is something so mundane, but one that also grabs your attention because the photographer just concentrated on the colours right there, just in front of him. That would be terse with his Orange on Green - so very much in the Eggleston mode, it could only be the winner for me.
62271B1F-EC77-47AD-9046-B29587C1569D.jpeg

In second I place mcmillan A Colourful Sunset - a terrific capture which just separated it from the great efforts by TomHH and ImageArt
Indeed I must place TomHH in third as I also love Final Hour...; it so reminds me of holiday evenings long ago.
As for the rest, all great images as usual here, with particular mentions for JillyG and her ants, whilst sinnerjohn produced something so completely different in the deceased housefly line... such serious lateral thinking it’s almost as though Damien Hirst was subbing for John this week?
Hurrah! Well done terse, mcmillan & tomhh. Margaritas all round, pats on backs, fist bumps and a conga! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I think of the ‘Colour’ Challenge I often think bold colours and majestic views. Perhaps not ‘herds of wildebeest sweeping magestically’, but you probably know what I mean. This week though, one image grabs me straight away.
At first glance it is something so mundane, but one that also grabs your attention because the photographer just concentrated on the colours right there, just in front of him. That would be terse with his Orange on Green - so very much in the Eggleston mode, it could only be the winner for me.
View attachment 157814

In second I place mcmillan A Colourful Sunset - a terrific capture which just separated it from the great efforts by TomHH and ImageArt
View attachment 157815

Indeed I must place TomHH in third as I also love Final Hour...; it so reminds me of holiday evenings long ago.
View attachment 157816
As for the rest, all great images as usual here, with particular mentions for JillyG and her ants, whilst sinnerjohn produced something so completely different in the deceased housefly line... such serious lateral thinking it’s almost as though Damien Hirst was subbing for John this week?
Marvellous, great judging. Congratulations to terse Ted for that lovely abstract. Well done to mcmillan Greg and TomHH Tom for two fabulous, but very different sunsets. Great work from the HMs sinnerjohn John and me, and ImageArt gets a mention too. A magnificent, colourful week. Now it’s up to Ted to decide if we have a theme or we freewheel again.

Marvellous, great judging. Congratulations to terse Ted for that lovely abstract. Well done to mcmillan Greg and TomHH Tom for two fabulous, but very different sunsets. Great work from the HMs sinnerjohn John and me, and ImageArt gets a mention too. A magnificent, colourful week. Now it’s up to Ted to decide if we have a theme or we freewheel again.
Thank you Jilly. Difficult though despite lack of entries.

thank you, dear rizole. I’ve had a sheltered life. You’d think with a lit major I would know what a rhododendron looked like. Georgette Heyer introduced me to the abutilon (?sp) and the aspidistra - but no rhododendrons. They’re very pretty, and if South Africa then should be right here — we’re practically neighbours with Johannesburg :D

View attachment 157814

ing for John this week?

Good to read your summing up, Nick :thumbs:
Short & sweet this week, but such good images! Loved every single one, especially your winners & HMs.

congrats Ted, Greg, Tom, Ann, Jilly & John :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

(rizole I think you were the only contributor who didn’t make it onto the List. If you could do with some trauma-informed desensitisation treatment, i have an opening at 4 tomorrow).

View attachment 157814

View attachment 157815

View attachment 157816
Great find, Ted. Well done all. Thanks for the mention, Nick. :)

View attachment 157814

View attachment 157815

View attachment 157816
Thank you JillyG Jilly for stepping in... :inlove: :notworthy:

Wonderful wrap-up NickLeon Nick!!

Congrats terse Ted!! Even though I’m seeing the image for the first time (I just realized I haven’t visited this thread all week :oops: :eek: ) I think it’s a winner indeed! Well done.

High fives to mcmillan Greg, TomHH Tom, and HMs JillyG snd sinnerjohn.

Thank you, everyone, for being the heart & soul of this place and continuing to support the challenge. ❤️

Thanks for choosing my image for 2nd place!! I apologize for my absence here lately. I've been busy around the house and at work… and shooting too
And congrats to the other winners

Back
Top Bottom