MobiColour RESULT: MC #222 Theme RED - May 25 - June 7, 2020

2016-11-15_09-54-31-01.jpeg

Red selfie - dedicated to zenjenny

I did a little troubleshooting and am embarrassed to say that the issue was that I had set my browser (Firefox) to night mode. When I turned it off everything brightened up. (I had tried night mode to see if it would extend my battery life.)
:lol:

Ever found a complete clay pipe? I recall a master, when at school in Lincolnshire, having us traipse up and down freshly ploughed fields on abandoned village sites looking for similar treasures.
No, that would be my Holy Grail. When I find one of these little pieces of pipe, I imagine the farmer knocking out his pipe and breaking it, cursing and then having to get another. They obviously used to smoke a lot, judging by the amount out there in the fields.

Double Red
Snapseed
94395E8D-4AFD-4683-A790-886BDFF8D9D4.jpeg

Our granddaughter learning to ride. For anyone ready to panic, the bike is not yet running. She was coasting down a very slight grade at a parking lot for a club we belong to which is currently closed. My son is just behind her ready to pounce at the first wobble.

Thanks RoseCat for the hint!

No, that would be my Holy Grail. When I find one of these little pieces of pipe, I imagine the farmer knocking out his pipe and breaking it, cursing and then having to get another. They obviously used to smoke a lot, judging by the amount out there in the fields.
I seem to recall that in theory they would have bought each pipe like a packet of cigarettes, knowing they didn’t last long - a throwaway item. Interesting to jog the memories of walking up and down Lincolnshire fields in around 1970!

Double Red
Snapseed
View attachment 157964
Our granddaughter learning to ride. For anyone ready to panic, the bike is not yet running. She was coasting down a very slight grade at a parking lot for a club we belong to which is currently closed. My son is just behind her ready to pounce at the first wobble.

Thanks RoseCat for the hint!
Who’s going to panic? Fire it up and show her some wheelies - you know you want to...

I seem to recall that in theory they would have bought each pipe like a packet of cigarettes, knowing they didn’t last long - a throwaway item. Interesting to jog the memories of walking up and down Lincolnshire fields in around 1970!
Whereabouts in Lincolnshire Nick?

Back
Top Bottom