MobiColour RESULT: MC #223 Theme: Motion - June 8-21, 2020

Looks like you're going to win this week Ted ;)
He's gained a good lead, is handling the corners well and all it needs is for the rest to sit back and he can dominate the field. But it's still only the first few laps and it can still all change. Lets hope he keeps focus and continues with the smooth, competent performance he's shown so far but there's plenty time and room down the inside straight for one of these hungry, young challengers to take him on.
There's still all to play for.

6B5560C5-3641-46B3-ADFE-5475F28BBA1E.jpeg

Faster-than-light space travel
ProCamera w/camera motion, Leonardo for blurs, iColorama for reshaping
(Original photo was a geranium in bloom.)

He's gained a good lead, is handling the corners well and all it needs is for the rest to sit back and he can dominate the field. But it's still only the first few laps and it can still all change. Lets hope he keeps focus and continues with the smooth, competent performance he's shown so far but there's plenty time and room down the inside straight for one of these hungry, young challengers to take him on.
There's still all to play for.
Your off your marbles, Rizole. :lol:

Lucky Break

A7EFD379-A935-4F5C-A3EC-6183E5C368D6.png

I went out for a cycle this afternoon with the DH to try out some slow shutter apps. As so often happens my DH, the dog lover, gets talking to a dog owner. So I get my iPhone out and start preparing Slow Shutter Cam to take an abstract and realise I have a possible scene opening up in front of me. One photo and there we go I might as well go home now. No image was close after this. I took the slow shutter image and combined a freeze frame from the same slow shutter series. Unfortunately I didn’t realise that the resolution setting was not at it’s best so the resolution is average.
Slow Shutter Cam, Snapseed and Procreate.

Lucky Break

View attachment 158365
I went out for a cycle this afternoon with the DH to try out some slow shutter apps. As so often happens my DH, the dog lover, gets talking to a dog owner. So I get my iPhone out and start preparing Slow Shutter Cam to take an abstract and realise I have a possible scene opening up in front of me. One photo and there we go I might as well go home now. No image was close after this. I took the slow shutter image and combined a freeze frame from the same slow shutter series. Unfortunately I didn’t realise that the resolution setting was not at it’s best so the resolution is average.
Lucky break, yes, but you were ready for it. What a wonderful image! :notworthy: Did you adjust the Freeze slider after the shot, or did it just come out this way? Because I love the way the dog is so solid at the leading edge with the ghosts trailing behind. (Hmm, it never occurred to me until now, but it'd be possible to save several versions of a single Slow Shutter Cam shot with different Freeze positions and then merge them later. Have to try that today.)

Lucky break, yes, but you were ready for it. What a wonderful image! :notworthy: Did you adjust the Freeze slider after the shot, or did it just come out this way? Because I love the way the dog is so solid at the leading edge with the ghosts trailing behind. (Hmm, it never occurred to me until now, but it'd be possible to save several versions of a single Slow Shutter Cam shot with different Freeze positions and then merge them later. Have to try that today.)
I didn’t realise either. It’s what I have been trying to do in the past. It was only because the result was so blurred that I had the idea to see if I could get a better freeze frame and then I thought, wow, it looks like I can save various versions here. However, you can only do this while the image is still in the app. It’s a shame that you can’t go back later and do this. Once you take another shot it’s lost. It means you have to edit on the spot which is a bit of a pain. Here are the two images I saved and what I used to get my final shot:
34CA0ACE-DF16-4285-9EED-FBB0F14AB0DD.png
11BEF42E-510D-4467-8F46-E465AF1C01C4.jpeg

Yes, I've been frustrated by that, too. There was a very similar app named LongExpo that allowed you to save as a project that could be edited later, but it's gone now.
I went out again because it was a lovely evening to try two apps that I hadn’t tried yet. And here’s a thing. Both Moment Slow Shutter and Spectre save ‘live’ photos. You are suppose to be able to edit both the Moment and Spectre Live images with Photos but it couldn’t do it. Maybe there’s been an upgrade and it doesn’t work now. However you can save photos from the live version using Live2Photos. Having said that the results don’t look nearly as good as Slow Shutter Cam. Also, I find the 3 sec restriction in Spectre quite limiting.

Lucky Break

View attachment 158365
Fabulous.

Because I've had to factory reset both my phone and tablet some months ago and never got round to reinstalling a bunch of apps, I've not been very experimental this year at all. But the chat above has piqued my interest. I shall get some of the old ones out and have another go.
Here's a couple of old ones. Motion picture to create a video with simulated movement on a still image and then Videotogif to make it a picture again.
videotogif_2019.03.30_09.59.32.gif

videotogif_2019.03.29_18.23.33.gif

Because I've had to factory reset both my phone and tablet some months ago and never got round to reinstalling a bunch of apps, I've not been very experimental this year at all. But the chat above has piqued my interest. I shall get some of the old ones out and have another go.
Here's a couple of old ones. Motion picture to create a video with simulated movement on a still image and then Videotogif to make it a picture again.
View attachment 158374
View attachment 158375
Not a huge fan of gifs. To me its either a still or a video, gifs seem a bit gimmicky. The first it looks like the water is just disappearing rather than running down the drain. Second one is kind of soothing though :thumbs:

View attachment 158374
View attachment 158375
Whoa! These are so cool.

Back
Top Bottom