MobiColour RESULT: MC #223 Theme: Motion - June 8-21, 2020

I’m off

E7B541B9-5DBB-40F0-8E82-BA2E792EC908.jpeg

After much petitioning :D , here’s a bee dobbing about on the lavender at our new house.
Snapseed

Lucky Break

View attachment 158365
I went out for a cycle this afternoon with the DH to try out some slow shutter apps. As so often happens my DH, the dog lover, gets talking to a dog owner. So I get my iPhone out and start preparing Slow Shutter Cam to take an abstract and realise I have a possible scene opening up in front of me. One photo and there we go I might as well go home now. No image was close after this. I took the slow shutter image and combined a freeze frame from the same slow shutter series. Unfortunately I didn’t realise that the resolution setting was not at it’s best so the resolution is average.
Slow Shutter Cam, Snapseed and Procreate.
Nominated for June Image of the Month

I've never seen Spectre do that before. How did you do that?
I’ve checked in my EXIF app and it was taken with Spectre. I’m now going to have to look and see what setting I had it on because I can’t remember. :rolleyes:

I've never seen Spectre do that before. How did you do that?
Well I'm hoping it's Spectre and you found something I didn't know about. :D
It was taken with Spectre and came into my camera roll as a live image. I’m almost sure that I remember editing the live image to produce that separation, instead of a blur. I should have said that in the explanation. I’ll do that now. And then I think I took it into Hipstamatic which produced a bit more vibrance. I’ll put that in too. :oops:

It was taken with Spectre and came into my camera roll as a live image. I’m almost sure that I remember editing the live image to produce that separation, instead of a blur. I should have said that in the explanation. I’ll do that now. And then I think I took it into Hipstamatic which produced a bit more vibrance. I’ll put that in too. :oops:
Thanks, I'd forgotten about Spectre being able to produce Live images.

Harvard
iPhone Camera burst mode
Layered in Procreate, mangled in iColorama
3881CC82-4CE4-4B76-9D7E-E5122F3A0387.jpeg

I tried the stacks in Affinity, but wasn’t happy with the result. Darn! I just thought of trying FotoDa. Back to the drawing board!

Lots of thought and creativity in this I thought, with some cross pollination from other threads on the site and nominations for image of the month.

There are three stand out contributors for me in this challengge so without any further ado....

He had to come in here somewhere didn't he? terse was almost the only marble on the marble run for the first week, also with an image of the month nomination. My two faves are Electric eel lurking in the seaweed and Future motion. He had some quite literal interpretations of the theme but moved into abstractionism and impressionism and whateverism. A solid performance all round.

In second is Starzee. I liked Harvard but Bear Swamp Through the window came in as strong competition for first place. Love the energy, detail and textures of this one.

Our winner is ImageArt.
She had a nomination for pic of the month as well but that's not my favorite (controversial) that she submitted. Again a solid body of work. As well as the nominated Lucky Break I love Red Racer and Passing by. But I have to pick a pic to win and the pic that I've picked is Leaf Fountain.
75B0C791-B98A-4B8B-947F-B82B962E6B34.jpeg

There's a sense of motion. The detail adds a texture. Despite the movement it's crisp and defined, there's no smugging or blurring, you can see what it is. The colours are vibrant with inky shadows and highlights spot on. Although the palette is limited there are blues and yellows in there. Really nice stuff. Well done. :)

But I have to pick a pic to win and the pic that I've picked is Leaf Fountain.
75B0C791-B98A-4B8B-947F-B82B962E6B34.jpeg

There's a sense of motion. The detail adds a texture. Despite the movement it's crisp and defined, there's no smugging or blurring, you can see what it is. The colours are vibrant with inky shadows and highlights spot on. Although the palette is limited there are blues and yellows in there. Really nice stuff.
Agree wholeheartedly! Gorgeous image ImageArt Ann... well deserved. :hearteyes: Kudos to terse Ted and Starzee Star, and everyone who contributed - lots of creativity this round. It was a fun theme and made me feel like I was in the Appstract Challenge at times, which is always a good thing IMO. :D

Lots of thought and creativity in this I thought, with some cross pollination from other threads on the site and nominations for image of the month.

There are three stand out contributors for me in this challengge so without any further ado....

He had to come in here somewhere didn't he? terse was almost the only marble on the marble run for the first week, also with an image of the month nomination. My two faves are Electric eel lurking in the seaweed and Future motion. He had some quite literal interpretations of the theme but moved into abstractionism and impressionism and whateverism. A solid performance all round.

In second is Starzee. I liked Harvard but Bear Swamp Through the window came in as strong competition for first place. Love the energy, detail and textures of this one.

Our winner is ImageArt.
She had a nomination for pic of the month as well but that's not my favorite (controversial) that she submitted. Again a solid body of work. As well as the nominated Lucky Break I love Red Racer and Passing by. But I have to pick a pic to win and the pic that I've picked is Leaf Fountain.
View attachment 158565
There's a sense of motion. The detail adds a texture. Despite the movement it's crisp and defined, there's no smugging or blurring, you can see what it is. The colours are vibrant with inky shadows and highlights spot on. Although the palette is limited there are blues and yellows in there. Really nice stuff. Well done. :)
Well done ImageArt Ann - super image. Congrats to Starzee Star and terse Ted. It was a great theme, with lots of wonderful interpretations.

Back
Top Bottom