• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

MobiColour RESULT: MC #227 Theme: Broken Patterns - August 3-16, 2020

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I went to Royal Wisley Gardens on my own today, thank goodness. It’s just impossible to take photos with someone else in tow.

My task. Broken patterns. And I thought it would be a cinch with flowers and foliage but it was surprisingly difficult. These two were the only two I thought came close and then I didn’t think they were great.

F7B91457-7124-45B7-99C5-BCEDCF2FFDBD.jpeg
F040E52A-6DAD-4C1B-9EA5-E53394675203.jpeg

Snapseed

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I went to Royal Wisley Gardens on my own today, thank goodness. It’s just impossible to take photos with someone else in tow.

My task. Broken patterns. And I thought it would be a cinch with flowers and foliage but it was surprisingly difficult. These two were the only two I thought came close and then I didn’t think they were great.

View attachment 159621View attachment 159622
Snapseed
I love them both.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel

View attachment 159621View attachment 159622
Snapseed
The wheelbarrow one is good. It's actually a hard challenge you've set!

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The wheelbarrow one is good. It's actually a hard challenge you've set!
Thanks. I agree. I got it out of David duChemin’s book. It’s not really something you can easily achieve in a week but I figure that by ‘awakening’ your awareness of the theme, you will see it when it comes along - probably the week after the challenge has ended. :lmao:

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
They‘re lovely potatoes. Did you grow them?
Yes. 5th generation (I think) from a bag of red roosters I got from a supermarket. Potatoes are ridiculously easy to grow. I got a different variety and tried to scrap this one but if you miss one when you dig them all up they just keep coming. We have one growing in the compost heap.
Red roosters make good chips but tend to get slug damage if you leave them in the ground too long.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes. 5th generation (I think) from a bag of red roosters I got from a supermarket. Potatoes are ridiculously easy to grow. I got a different variety and tried to scrap this one but if you miss one when you dig them all up they just keep coming. We have one growing in the compost heap.
Red roosters make good chips but tend to get slug damage if you leave them in the ground too long.
Well, you say they’re easy to grow, but I’ve never had a good crop when I’ve tried. You must have the knack, and decent soil.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Well, you say they’re easy to grow, but I’ve never had a good crop when I’ve tried. You must have the knack, and decent soil.
I want to try... my friend has a big black bucket and just keeps adding soil as the plants grow. The plants are growing like crazy! He does use a rich compost soil.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Everyone is coming up with such creative posts! Stuff I would never have thought of... :notworthy: