MobiColour RESULT: MC #227 Theme: Broken Patterns - August 3-16, 2020

Broken genetic expression in a foxglove.
20200806_123114-01.jpeg

I went to Royal Wisley Gardens on my own today, thank goodness. It’s just impossible to take photos with someone else in tow.

My task. Broken patterns. And I thought it would be a cinch with flowers and foliage but it was surprisingly difficult. These two were the only two I thought came close and then I didn’t think they were great.

F7B91457-7124-45B7-99C5-BCEDCF2FFDBD.jpeg
F040E52A-6DAD-4C1B-9EA5-E53394675203.jpeg

Snapseed

I went to Royal Wisley Gardens on my own today, thank goodness. It’s just impossible to take photos with someone else in tow.

My task. Broken patterns. And I thought it would be a cinch with flowers and foliage but it was surprisingly difficult. These two were the only two I thought came close and then I didn’t think they were great.

View attachment 159621View attachment 159622
Snapseed
I love them both.

View attachment 159621View attachment 159622
Snapseed
The wheelbarrow one is good. It's actually a hard challenge you've set!

The wheelbarrow one is good. It's actually a hard challenge you've set!
Thanks. I agree. I got it out of David duChemin’s book. It’s not really something you can easily achieve in a week but I figure that by ‘awakening’ your awareness of the theme, you will see it when it comes along - probably the week after the challenge has ended. :lmao:

They‘re lovely potatoes. Did you grow them?
Yes. 5th generation (I think) from a bag of red roosters I got from a supermarket. Potatoes are ridiculously easy to grow. I got a different variety and tried to scrap this one but if you miss one when you dig them all up they just keep coming. We have one growing in the compost heap.
Red roosters make good chips but tend to get slug damage if you leave them in the ground too long.

Yes. 5th generation (I think) from a bag of red roosters I got from a supermarket. Potatoes are ridiculously easy to grow. I got a different variety and tried to scrap this one but if you miss one when you dig them all up they just keep coming. We have one growing in the compost heap.
Red roosters make good chips but tend to get slug damage if you leave them in the ground too long.
Well, you say they’re easy to grow, but I’ve never had a good crop when I’ve tried. You must have the knack, and decent soil.

Well, you say they’re easy to grow, but I’ve never had a good crop when I’ve tried. You must have the knack, and decent soil.
I want to try... my friend has a big black bucket and just keeps adding soil as the plants grow. The plants are growing like crazy! He does use a rich compost soil.

Back
Top Bottom