MobiColour RESULT: MC #227 Theme: Broken Patterns - August 3-16, 2020

do you grow them up or down? I’ve grown them up, making little mountains out of hay around them. Makes nice compost for spreading afterwards.
Potatoes? I stick 'em in some soil and walk away until they are ready to be taken out. I might water them in a particularly dry year but only if I'm paying attention. That's kinda why I think they are so easy to grow. I think there are 6 potato plants come up this year in the garden from pots missed digging up last year's crop. Practically a weed when it comes up where we don't want it.

Potatoes? I stick 'em in some soil and walk away until they are ready to be taken out. I might water them in a particularly dry year but only if I'm paying attention. That's kinda why I think they are so easy to grow. I think there are 6 potato plants come up this year in the garden from pots missed digging up last year's crop. Practically a weed when it comes up where we don't want it.

maybe it’s a north/south hemisphere thing . . .doesnt make sense to me that potatoes would grow down into the earth. I’ll have to try your trick. Do they spread out? Or go [moreorless] straight down?

Edit: do you have wandering sweet potato as well?

maybe it’s a north/south hemisphere thing . . .doesnt make sense to me that potatoes would grow down into the earth. I’ll have to try your trick. Do they spread out? Or go [moreorless] straight down?

Edit: do you have wandering sweet potato as well?
The tubers tend to be formed anywhere from pretty much the surface to 12 inches deep depending on the looseness of the soil I think. As they grow from roots then I guess they grow at what ever level the roots can get to.
Never grown sweet potato. Neither has 'Er in lockdown, whos the real brains behind our operation. If she's never tried it then I suspect we don't have the right climate.

82D1E0A7-21CB-4D3B-95C3-608313FF1AB5.jpeg

Divided
Native cam, Photos

Time for a sinnerjohn controversial comment......

Is it just me, do these themed weekly challenges run out of steam after a week? If you haven't posted within a week on a 'theme' will you find anything after two weeks?

Is it just me, do these themed weekly challenges run out of steam after a week? If you haven't posted within a week on a 'theme' will you find anything after two weeks?
There’s always a chance. :thumbs:

I would have agreed with you back when we were always doing one week, but now I find I do turn up things in the second week. That may be because I'm happier without themes at all. I generally go out to shoot whatever looks good to me that day, not to shoot to a theme. Two weeks means there's more chance I'll stumble across something suitable by accident. :lmao:

I would have agreed with you back when we were always doing one week, but now I find I do turn up things in the second week. That may be because I'm happier without themes at all. I generally go out to shoot whatever looks good to me that day, not to shoot to a theme. Two weeks means there's more chance I'll stumble across something suitable by accident. :lmao:
I agree and sometimes we’re part way through a week before a theme is announced.

Back
Top Bottom