MobiColour RESULT: MC #227 Theme: Broken Patterns - August 3-16, 2020

Some very interesting submissions for sure. I was trying to find a theme different from my usual favourites which I seem to trot out every time but I didn’t expect this to be so difficult. Sorry, definitely not easy.

FIRST
The person who I thought did the best job of broken patterns according to Michael Freeman’s book and traditional photography was lkbside , Leslie and I thought her photos very clever and imaginative too. Well done!

DD6FC434-E2D0-458B-BCAC-3E1075790E82.jpeg

For my next places, I chose the images I loved even if they didn’t totally fill what I had decided on as the brief.

SECOND
zenjenny , Jenny. I really loved this image with the birds emerging from the pattern. Definitely a wall hanger!
C0C5F571-5754-4433-941F-18EFB0523A22.jpeg

I didn’t choose a third but decided to add these next favourite images as HMs. sinnerjohn , John (so unusual!), JillyG (brilliant colours and shapes!) and rizole (yes, so nearly nailed it - my eyes were so drawn to that nail and I loved planks getting thinner!).
A70B6E7D-4BEE-4DE6-BD98-258DFDF30EA6.jpeg

Thanks Ann ImageArt - Appreciate the kudos - at first I thought it was a difficult topic, but lo and behold I had quite a number of possibilities in my camera roll, so it seems that I am "seeing" broken patterns frequently.

Congrats Jenny zenjenny - That is a great piece - I missed seeing that one during the challenge.

And congrats to the HMs too!

Some very interesting submissions for sure. I was trying to find a theme different from my usual favourites which I seem to trot out every time but I didn’t expect this to be so difficult. Sorry, definitely not easy.

FIRST
The person who I thought did the best job of broken patterns according to Michael Freeman’s book and traditional photography was lkbside , Leslie and I thought her photos very clever and imaginative too. Well done!

View attachment 159870

For my next places, I chose the images I loved even if they didn’t totally fill what I had decided on as the brief.

SECOND
zenjenny , Jenny. I really loved this image with the birds emerging from the pattern. Definitely a wall hanger!
View attachment 159871

I didn’t choose a third but decided to add these next favourite images as HMs. sinnerjohn , John (so unusual!), JillyG (brilliant colours and shapes!) and rizole (yes, so nearly nailed it - my eyes were so drawn to that nail and I loved planks getting thinner!).
View attachment 159872
Wow, thank you for my HM Ann. There were soooo many wonderful images this time, I’m honoured. Congratulations lkbside Leslie - fabulous images, every one. Well done to zenjenny Jen for that lovely zig-zag of pelicans.

FIRST

View attachment 159870

SECOND
View attachment 159871

View attachment 159872
Excellent choice Ann, well done Leslie and I'm glad the portable convenience image has made its way into IOTM, as its one of my faves too.
Yay to zenjenny and all the HM'ers :thumbs:

You've come up with some cool, head-scratching themes lately, Ann ! :notworthy: :inlove:
just love Leslie lkbside ‘s interpretations- and that line of portable loos, with that sky, that sand — and you paid that guy to open that door at that exact minute, right? :lmao: . . Just brilliant. And I can see that image on the front page of MPA, IPPA, etc. (Please submit it : )
Thanks for my second, Ann, and your praise-indeed kind words :inlove: , congrats allHMs — and how are you going to top that theme, lkbside ?!?

You've come up with some cool, head-scratching themes lately, Ann ! :notworthy: :inlove:
just love Leslie lkbside ‘s interpretations- and that line of portable loos, with that sky, that sand — and you paid that guy to open that door at that exact minute, right? :lmao: . . Just brilliant. And I can see that image on the front page of MPA, IPPA, etc. (Please submit it : )
Thanks for my second, Ann, and your praise-indeed kind words :inlove: , congrats allHMs — and how are you going to top that theme, lkbside ?!?
Thanks! Of course I paid him
these porta potties were at the Punkin Chunkin event last October. There must only be only 4 orange ones to be had. The blue one looks quite fetching in the line up.

Time to wrap this up. In the words of Arnie I’ll be Back.
Thank you, Ann, for taking the initiative! I have such a time difference now from the UK peeps (8 hours!!), add that to my leisurely, drawn out farm existence (so far today I've talked to the horses... watered my potted plants because it's going to be 98 degrees F today :barf: :poop: wandered around a bit, aimlessly, wondering where Finnegan spends his time, sat under the Zen tree, staring up into the canopy, watching birds, zoning out...) so by the time I ventured online, everything has been wrapped up in a nice bow. :notworthy: :inlove:

FIRST

View attachment 159870

SECOND
View attachment 159871

View attachment 159872
I loved everything in this category... wonderful and creative, every one. Congrats lkbside Leslie! Well deserved! zenjenny Jen, your image is amazing... museum/art gallery worthy, IMO, absolutely needs to be framed and hung. sinnerjohn John just love the tones and abstract nature of your image - wish I had taken it! Same to JillyG Jilly and rizole.... :inlove:

FIRST

View attachment 159870

SECOND
View attachment 159871

View attachment 159872
Congrats lkbside. The wall stands as a fab piece, theme or no theme, on it's own merits.
Well done zenjenny and horrah all HM's, including me!

Back
Top Bottom