Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #27!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme is Joy

The judge for this challenge is ImageArt Ann!

Last edited:
I have big favor to ask..... next Sunday will be a traveling day for me as I depart on my trip to the UK!!! Whoohooooo!!!!! <<<happy dance>>> I should be able to start the new challenge thread... but not sure if I'll be able to do the judging task.

Would any of the winners from MC #26 care to do the honors next week???

.....pretty please????.... :rolleyes: :sneaky:

I have big favor to ask..... next Sunday will be a traveling day for me as I depart on my trip to the UK!!! Whoohooooo!!!!! <<<happy dance>>> I should be able to start the new challenge thread... but not sure if I'll be able to do the judging task.

Would any of the winners from MC #26 care to do the honors next week???

.....pretty please????.... :rolleyes: :sneaky:
Happy to, Catherine!

image.jpeg

Okay, to get us started. I still need to calibrate my 'Pollyanna' settings before I can turn out any joy-ful images, but I can write the word (Alphabet Art), colour it (AutoPaint), blend and wreck (Union & Decim8), texture (BeCasso oil with sliders!), rinse & repeat. :mobibabe:

View attachment 80341

Okay, to get us started. I still need to calibrate my 'Pollyanna' settings before I can turn out any joy-ful images, but I can write the word (Alphabet Art), colour it (AutoPaint), blend and wreck (Union & Decim8), texture (BeCasso oil with sliders!), rinse & repeat. :mobibabe:
Lovely...

And, *joy* can be many things... Hands dug deep in soil, a favorite book, cooking dinner... With so much negativity in the news these days I thought this would be great positive energy to put out into the Universe.

Every year there is a time when I have a hitchhiker with me. He or she just hop onto a window of my car and let me drive from home to work or vice versa. I have no idea what this little critter really is. It must be from the grasshopper family or crickets, but I never heard it play its instrument. Anyway these critters are some of my fancy, because they are as lazy as a chameleon when they drive with me or better as long as they attach themselves to my car. Mainly on my side window. And most of them have a longer an a shorter antenna , rarely I've seen some with equal length. I don't know if it's the difference between female/male or whether they fight to chip off the rival's feeler.
Nevertheless it seems they are intelligent. Instead of hopping across the city with all those dangers of traffic they just jump on a car to meet new friends in an unknown territory. [emoji1]
Well, another possibility is I'm driving around the same one each year and he knows where and when the best yum yums are at my place or where I work. [emoji23] and I mostly pick 'em up somewhere where grass or bushes are a couple of meters away. Strange hoppers[emoji1], but quite beautiful. Like made of glass. [emoji7]

Long story, now getting to the nitty gritty: I felt joy when I spotted Hitch One (of 2016) today at my window. We drove from work to the shopping centre and then home, where I spent a quarter of an hour to get a shot of him/her. It was getting dark when I came home, so the slightly noisy and twilighted images are no intentions, just my today's moment of joy.
Wonder if he is awaiting me in morning to drive back. I had one for three days as guest. Though I'm not completely sure it was the same, but he sat at the same spot, so I suppose he was. [emoji1]

Hitch One I - 6s+, native camera or RedDotCam, "enlighted" in cam roll editor
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470099441.200724.jpg

Hitch One II
Multicam plus macro lens. (And though this green friend was just 20-25mm long it's already too big to fit in the macro image! [emoji1]
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470099466.221598.jpg

PS: if anyone knows what it is called and tells me, I'd be glad and have another moment of joy. Couldn't find it on the internet yet.

Last edited:
Every year there is a time when I have a hitchhiker with me. He or she just hop onto a window of my car and let me drive from home to work or vice versa. I have no idea what this little critter really is. It must be from the grasshopper family or crickets, but I never heard it play its instrument. Anyway these critters are some of my fancy, because they are as lazy as a chameleon when they drive with me or better as long as they attach themselves to my car. Mainly on my side window. And most of them have a longer an a shorter antenna , rarely I've seen some with equal length. I don't know if it's the difference between female/male or whether they fight to chip off the rival's feeler.
Nevertheless it seems they are intelligent. Instead of hopping across the city with all those dangers of traffic they just jump on a car to meet new friends in an unknown territory. [emoji1]
Well, another possibility is I'm driving around the same one each year and he knows where and when the best yum yums are at my place or where I work. [emoji23] and I mostly pick 'em up somewhere where grass or bushes are a couple of meters away. Strange hoppers[emoji1], but quite beautiful. Like made of glass. [emoji7]

Long story, now getting to the nitty gritty: I felt joy when I spotted Hitch One (of 2016) today at my window. We drove from work to the shopping centre and then home, where I spent a quarter of an hour to get a shot of him/her. It was getting dark when I came home, so the slightly noisy and twilighted images are no intentions, just my today's moment of joy.
Wonder if he is awaiting me in morning to drive back. I had one for three days as guest. Though I'm not completely sure it was the same, but he sat at the same spot, so I suppose he was. [emoji1]

View attachment 80348

Hitch One II
Multicam plus macro lens. (And though this green friend was just 20-25mm long it's already too big to fit in the macro image! [emoji1]
View attachment 80349

PS: if anyone knows what it is called and tells me, I'd be glad and have another moment of joy. Couldn't find it on the internet yet.
He's beautiful! I love your first shot with all the bokeh... :inlove: I'm guessing it's a type of grasshopper.

image.jpeg

Could be this Katydid type found in Hawaii.

View attachment 80348

Hitch One II
View attachment 80349

Gouvy, do you still think you can't write a book ? :mobibabe: :whistle: :)

Rain drops on Roses (Leaves)

image.jpeg

Some people don't like the rain, but we needed some as the ground was hard and cracked, so this morning's rain brought me joy and a photo op. :D 6, Camera+ (Very impressed with the macro on C+) and a little bit of Snapseed lovin.

Rain drops on Roses (Leaves)

View attachment 80361

Some people don't like the rain, but we needed some as the ground was hard and cracked, so this morning's rain brought me joy and a photo op. :D 6, Camera+ (Very impressed with the macro on C+) and a little bit of Snapseed lovin.
I love the rain.... Maybe because I spent the first half of my life living in the Pacific Northwest... We've been having light rain and cooler temps recently and I'm loving it!

...and wow, that's a vivid green. Really lovely image Jilly. :inlove:

View attachment 80360
Could be this Katydid type found in Hawaii.

Looks pretty like it! Found another similar one in wiki in German. It's called Kurzflügeliege Schwertschrecke. By word translated short winged sword cricket. But the clear brown stripe on the back is missing. Maybe she still grows and it will be clearer later. But I've learned Hitch One must be female because of the long bend egg lying tube on her backside. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom