Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #42!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: "Story Telling"
Please read carefully. - a single picture that tells a story, without the need of text, title, or speech balloons.
Not a picture of someone telling a story, although it could be argued that there could be a picture story being told as well.

The judge for this challenge is FundyBrian

Last edited by a moderator:
Watermarked(2016-11-10-2225).jpg

First to accept Rodolfo's kind invitation is zenjenny, with a wrecked image of an Apple Pandora bead and another Leonard Cohen quote:

IMG_7628.JPG

You can add up the parts; you won’t have the sum
You can strike up the march, there is no drum
Every heart, every heart to love will come
But like a refugee.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Attachments

• IMG_7633.JPG
    IMG_7633.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 32
First to accept Rodolfo's kind invitation is zenjenny, with a wrecked image of an Apple Pandora bead and another Leonard Cohen quote:

View attachment 84434

You can add up the parts; you won’t have the sum
You can strike up the march, there is no drum
Every heart, every heart to love will come
But like a refugee.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
I love these words... they are very timely. :inlove: Beautiful abstract to go with them.

The theme for this round is "Story Telling"
Please read carefully. - a single picture that tells a story, without the need of text, title, or speech balloons.
Not a picture of someone telling a story, although it could be argued that there could be a picture story being told as well.
An important point to consider is that it isn't enough that YOU know the story behind the picture, but other people must also be able to read the story that the image tells. No, it doesn't matter if viewers don't all get the same story as long as they do see a story taking place in the image. However, it would be a greater indication of your skill as a story teller if everyone did get the same story from your photo.
Remember: don't give your photo a title!

To add some fun to this, after you have posted your photo, other people can make up a title (short please) for your photo that summarizes the story. We'll see from those titles how much agreement there is about the story.

Think like a photojournalist, or Wile E. Coyote, or Norman Rockwell. There's fun to be had.

Last edited:
This is lovely, Jilly.

I think the image lends itself to a postmodern reading: particularly since the narrative is most powerfully articulated through gaps and absences, silences, aporia and the occasional simulacra. These non-manifestations of linguistic determinants are in stark juxtaposition to the complex, perhaps even over-determined, visual metaphors. It's quite clear, in other words, despite historical anecdotal submissions to the contrary, that the Owl and the PussyCat arrived separately and started their odyssey in a third vesssel. Some might draw analogies with other sociocultural events, for instance the trend over last decades for hyphenated or otherwise joined family names at marriage. But I prefer to keep it simple. :mobibabe:

This is lovely, Jilly.

I think the image lends itself to a postmodern reading: particularly since the narrative is most powerfully articulated through gaps and absences, silences, aporia and the occasional simulacra. These non-manifestations of linguistic determinants are in stark juxtaposition to the complex, perhaps even over-determined, visual metaphors. It's quite clear, in other words, despite historical anecdotal submissions to the contrary, that the Owl and the PussyCat arrived separately and started their odyssey in a third vesssel. Some might draw analogies with other sociocultural events, for instance the trend over last decades for hyphenated or otherwise joined family names at marriage. But I prefer to keep it simple. :mobibabe:
:lmao::lmao::lmao: Is that the short title?

This is lovely, Jilly.

clapclapclapclapclap :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Bravura performance!

This is lovely, Jilly.

You lost me on simulacra :confused:

Back
Top Bottom