MobiColour RESULT: MC #47 Theme: People - December 19-25

That's what I wanted to hear! I think it got amazingly down during season 9. Only River got more and more interesting. But she is since she joined.
So this was the special with that chap from "little Britain"? Will search for it when Christmas is over. [emoji4]
Yes the chap from Little Britain. I wasn't very impressed with season 8 either. It's only the last few episodes of 9 and this special where I'm back in. I thought the Companion/Dr dynamic didn't work well with Clara and Capaldi as the doctor. There was something missing. With both Clara and River gone there could be something new and interesting coming up.

That's what I wanted to hear! I think it got amazingly down during season 9. Only River got more and more interesting. But she is since she joined.
So this was the special with that chap from "little Britain"? Will search for it when Christmas is over. [emoji4]
Like most 'Christmas specials' I thought this one was truly dreadful sorry :(
Not a massive Capaldi as Who fan either.

Yes, this is something than needs looking at. I like variety. I don't have much wall space upstairs. Lots of windows. I really think that no print ever lives up to seeing the image on a nice screen. So why not get a real nice big screen and build it into the wall. Maybe add a nice frame. Set up a slow slideshow, or a variety of slide shows, theme related. Sometimes you want moody. Other times you need uplifting. Set one up for vertical photos. Set up 3 screens together for groups and panoramas. All we need is a 30 x 50" iPad. A Cinema Display? They don't yet make those picture frame things very big. A nice tv screen then, with no tv connection.
For montage and double exposure enthusiasts: have you ever watched a slide show with very slow smooth dissolves so you watch one image blend with the next over a couple of minutes? Or ten? Especially when the images are well chosen. Infinite variations.
I think this is one direction for digital art to explore. It's on my list...
Brilliant idea. :thumbs:

Thanks. To be honest, at the beginning I thought it is a cool character that can improve, but the more he found to himself the further away he went from me.
Hope the next doctor will be a woman. [emoji16][emoji106]

Oooops that should have been the answer sinnerjohn and rizole

Last edited:
As both kids are napping, now's a good time. I really wanted to have to categories of winners, "photographically" and "painterly" sections, but I'll stick to the principle of having one winner take all.
First place goes to...
The Glitchist Queen zenjenny for her People Fishing , one of her more understated Mobitog entries but but a very tranquil,peaceful shot with lovely contrasting earth and sea, and with the central character and diminishing (?) parking lot drawing our eyes rightward.
Snapseed.jpg

Second place is a tie between two shots, both with unusual perspectives, one full of angles and great color swatches, static in composition,
GroovyGouvy's Simplicity
068e96b82d31828b4bb7593ea3efd08e.jpg
and the other full of curves and reds/greens, and swooping action rizole's In the Park
DSC_0025_1.jpg

Third place (first in the painterly category) goes to Starzee's Yellow Submarine , which just brings a smile to my face
IMG_0606.JPG

Honorable mention to ImageArt's Hong Kong series.

Happy Holidays!​

As both kids are napping, now's a good time. I really wanted to have to categories of winners, "photographically" and "painterly" sections, but I'll stick to the principle of having one winner take all.
First place goes to...
The Glitchist Queen zenjenny for her People Fishing , one of her more understated Mobitog entries but but a very tranquil,peaceful shot with lovely contrasting earth and sea, and with the central character and diminishing (?) parking lot drawing our eyes rightward.
View attachment 85875

Second place is a tie between two shots, both with unusual perspectives, one full of angles and great color swatches, static in composition,
GroovyGouvy's Simplicity
View attachment 85878

and the other full of curves and reds/greens, and swooping action rizole's In the Park
View attachment 85880

Third place (first in the painterly category) goes to Starzee's Yellow Submarine , which just brings a smile to my face
View attachment 85881

Happy Holidays!​
Well done David, I love all of those. Don't you feel like napping? I hope you've had a wonderful day. Congrats to Jen, Gouvy, Rizole, Star and Ann; fab images every one.

Last edited:
Last edited:
First place goes to...

GroovyGouvy's Simplicity

Happy Holidays!​

Great choices, David! And thank you!
Congratulations to zenjenny, love that image, too! [emoji4]
Never thought I might share a step on the winner's podium with a the great rizole and I'm proud to do so. [emoji4]
Also congrats to Starzee and ImageArt Ann. [emoji106][emoji106]
And not to forget all the other entries that are still awesome. All really cool images. I just love the variety! [emoji106][emoji175]

First place goes to...
View attachment 85875

GroovyGouvy's Simplicity
View attachment 85878

View attachment 85880

View attachment 85881

Happy Holidays!​
Well done Jen! Loved that pic. Congrats to Gouvy, Rizole and Star. Honoured to be an Honourable!

As both kids are napping, now's a good time. Honorable mention to ImageArt's Hong Kong series.
Happy Holidays!​

Oh my. Thank you for those comments, David, all. (A Hipsta image !)

GroovyGouvy I know what you mean re 'with the great rizole'. The skateboard image is mesmerising. And I thought you, Gouvy, outdid yourself with those spectacular perspective images. And like David, I smile every time I look at Starzee 's yellow submarine. And ImageArt's always exciting, always what-will-she-come-up-with-next Hong Kong series.

Another wonderful week of MobiColour! Thanks for taking the time in the day, David. This next will see us to the very end of the year, so it deserves a special theme. I'll go consult with my artistic elders & betters and brb :) :notworthy: :inlove:

First place goes to...
View attachment 85875

GroovyGouvy's Simplicity
View attachment 85878

View attachment 85880

View attachment 85881

Happy Holidays!​
Good choice deepop for choosing the winners
Congratulations to zenjenny. GroovyGouvy, rizole, and Starzee being First Second and Third and ImageArt for honorable mention
A merry week and to all mobimembers good photos, images and edits
Love them all
Looking forward for the next challenge
Very sorry did not post many photos Very busy and hectic month for me cos of the festival period
Happy Holidays
Thank you

The Christmas special? Classic stuff. Peter Capaldi seems to be hitting his stride with the role at last. I'm very excited for the new season.

I think I'm on season 3. I have a looonng way to go. But I really like it. I've been a b-movie, sci fi fan since my first Godzilla movie. People look at me like I have three heads when I tell them my favorite movie is Tremors.

I think I'm on season 3. I have a looonng way to go. But I really like it. I've been a b-movie, sci fi fan since my first Godzilla movie. People look at me like I have three heads when I tell them my favorite movie is Tremors.
Love love love Tremors. I never tire of it. I'll watch any time it's on. Kevin Bacon is brilliant. :inlove:

Don't know Tremors, but will keep my eyes peeled. [emoji4] till now my favourite is "Galaxy Quest" for films and "Raumpatrouille" (first German scifi production/black&white) for series.
Both I've seen many, MANY times and still don't have enough. [emoji23]

Don't know Tremors, but will keep my eyes peeled. [emoji4] till now my favourite is "Galaxy Quest" for films and "Raumpatrouille" (first German scifi production/black&white) for series.
Both I've seen many, MANY times and still don't have enough. [emoji23]

I do love Galaxy Quest!! I'll have to google the other.

Tremors is brilliant. My fave recently is The Host.

It said to be also comedy, but I couldn't find a smile while watching. But now Sector 7 is on, a kind of follow up film, and there are some smiles for me included. [emoji1] or I was watching the wrong film at first? Made in Taiwan? Then it was right. [emoji15][emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom