Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #80!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: People

The judge for this challenge is rizole!

Last edited:
I actually have a people shot! Hung out with my friends from college (34 years I've known them). We were at the beach - Meadowdale Beach Park -and I almost didn't capture these kids until I remembered this week's theme.

IMG_6688.JPG

Snapseed

View attachment 97459 "Sparklers" on iPhone 6s edited with Snapseed: cropped, brightened, more contrast, sharpened. This is my younger son holding a sparkler for the first time this summer
This is fantastic!! I'm in love with his beautiful red hair. :inlove: It's almost like the sparkler is a product of his fiery hair.

I actually have a people shot! Hung out with my friends from college (34 years I've known them). We were at the beach - Meadowdale Beach Park -and I almost didn't capture these kids until I remembered this week's theme.

View attachment 97451
Snapseed
Love it, very Stephen King as well. Maybe stand by me, or maybe the canal in IT's Derry that comes out in Bassey park?

Tried something new because I stumbled over an app called Fluxu. Interesting watercolour black and white melting together artsy video app. The pity is you need to take four "pictures", means mini clips, in a row. If you put the app to the background between shots it pretends to do it's work but doesn't play or save the clip then. Here is one of my attempts, to enter it on MC I coloured it up in Brushstroke and shrinked it a bit in another app and cut away the logo at the end. Imgplay converted it to gif (and this cut 4 more seconds at the end). Hope it's now small enough to upload.
(can someone tell me what kind of video we can upload here or was this particular thing only via bypass? Ive tried .mov and .mp4 in big and small without success.
ImageArt Ann, or FundyBrian: was there a possibility to have the full 13 seconds in the gif at imgplay? Can't find it or there was none. :()

Passing People
View attachment 97501

Last edited:
2013_Snapseed.jpg
IMG_163523_0.jpg

Couple dating from 2013 taken with my old Galaxy S3 (woo hoo). Usually I go to great lengths to avoid any people in my images, but every now and then I have a go. I think there are two distinct categories here, photos 'of' people that are deliberate and photos with people in them. Both types have been posted already and are great. The very best type of people photo imho are where the people concerned are photographed, probably unaware and are actually doing something either strange or interesting i.e. rizole's man with one shoe off example. Its not an easy subject for me and I guess as there has only been 2 images posted this week (so far) its not an easy one all round. These two were processed with snapseed and pixlr.

View attachment 97503 View attachment 97504
Couple dating from 2013 taken with my old Galaxy S3 (woo hoo). Usually I go to great lengths to avoid any people in my images, but every now and then I have a go. I think there are two distinct categories here, photos 'of' people that are deliberate and photos with people in them. Both types have been posted already and are great. The very best type of people photo imho are where the people concerned are photographed, probably unaware and are actually doing something either strange or interesting i.e. rizole's man with one shoe off example. Its not an easy subject for me and I guess as there has only been 2 images posted this week (so far) its not an easy one all round. These two were processed with snapseed and pixlr.

2013 - practically the Renaissance as far as mobile photography is concerned.
I like the way the crop & blur in 2nd image suggests 'rush hour' . Did you make a B&W version? How did it look?

2013 - practically the Renaissance as far as mobile photography is concerned.
I like the way the crop & blur in 2nd image suggests 'rush hour' . Did you make a B&W version? How did it look?
They were both b/w originally, probably looked better that way, I coloured them for this challenge.

I totally agree with your statement, John. People photography is not my thing. I'm often uncomfortable with it.

I totally agree with your statement, John. People photography is not my thing. I'm often uncomfortable with it.
I think a lot of mobitoggers, me included find it hard, but sometimes being out of our comfort zone produces results. I'm going to the BIG city on Thursday determined to point my phone at people not places..........hopefully :oops:

Back
Top Bottom