Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #92!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: Motion Blur/Slow Shutter

The judge for this challenge is FundyBrian!

Last edited:
Taken with Slow Shutter, edited
IMG_1228.JPG
iColorama

Here’s a long exposure with NightCap Pro using the Light Trails mode. Interesting things happen.
Dickson Bk Oct-23-002.jpg

In the regular Long Exposure mode moving objects largely disappear.
Here’s another.
St Annes Night Sept-16-003.jpg

People trails.
Once the base exposure is complete it stops and only things that move are exposed. Try that with a DSLR!

A regular long exposure with NightCap Pro.
IMG_8456.JPG

Moving things, like water, are smoothed out.
Another long exposure, blowing leaves.
Motion blur Oct-23-005.jpg

I have a difficult time getting flowing water to look nice. The typical thing that happens is that it gets a multiple fast exposure stop-action look that is quite grainy looking. I don’t like it.
Taru Camera gives pretty good results with flowing water.
Coppermine Brook June-21-072.jpg

Here’s one using Fusion. The 3 HDR exposures do a reasonably nice job on some types of flowing water.
Coppermine Brook June-21-075.jpg

A slow exposure with Cortex Camera.
Dickson Brook Oct-22-014.jpg

For reference. Here is a fast multiple exposure that is stop-action rather than motion blur/slow shutter, made with Motion Shot. Not for this theme.
Waterside Beach Apr-30-018.jpg

Here’s a long exposure with NightCap Pro using the Light Trails mode. Interesting things happen.
View attachment 101295
Here’s another.
View attachment 101296
People trails.
Once the base exposure is complete it stops and only things that move are exposed. Try that with a DSLR!

View attachment 101297
View attachment 101298

I have a difficult time getting flowing water to look nice. The typical thing that happens is that it gets a multiple fast exposure stop-action look that is quite grainy looking. I don’t like it.
View attachment 101299
Here’s one using Fusion. The 3 HDR exposures do a reasonably nice job on some types of flowing water.
View attachment 101300
View attachment 101301

For reference. Here is a fast multiple exposure that is stop-action rather than motion blur/slow shutter, made with Motion Shot. Not for this theme.
View attachment 101302

First look surreal, like worms sneaking though the picture. So cool![emoji50]

Third has great colours!![emoji7]

Last is wow! Good to have a pet at hand for trying out those apps. [emoji106][emoji177]

View attachment 101295
Here’s another.
View attachment 101296
People trails.

View attachment 101297
View attachment 101298

View attachment 101299
View attachment 101300
View attachment 101301

View attachment 101302
Would love to have a training day with you, Brian, to see how you use all these camera apps. Your iphone photos are as good as any DSLR stuff I see!

Would love to have a training day with you, Brian, to see how you use all these camera apps. Your iphone photos are as good as any DSLR stuff I see!

Wouldn’t it be interesting to be able to brainstorm on apps to see which are best for a given task!
I feel I’m struggling with all these apps as much as anyone else. There are so many it’s hard to remember what each one is good for. And they keep changing so you have to revisit them to see what has changed. I sometimes think I would be further ahead to have only a dozen or so apps and get to know them well rather than dabbling with 100 or so. Still, there are apps with very useful single functions I wouldn’t want to give up.
One of my objectives is to make pictures that are as good as a DSLR, which I can tell you really is impossible, but we’re getting closer and I would like to be ready when it happens. I’m glad you think some of my pictures look like DSLR quality but a closer examination would prove you wrong.
Long exposure is one place that is difficult to match other cameras because the native camera is limited to a longest exposure of 1/3 second. Exposures longer than that are made of multiple exposures layered together which give the dreaded segmented streaks or grainy water.

Back
Top Bottom