Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #98!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: Faith, Hope & Charity,
any combination, any interpretation or variation

The judge for this challenge is zenjenny!

Last edited:
Hope (in angelic form)

DA5C983F-56E4-4666-8F19-89A92D06B8B5.png

One of the three martyred saints - daughters of Sophia.

SketchClub Union WaterLili (waterLili because I’ve been inspired by Kuan Meng @Kmenglee’s images on the FB iColorama feed)

Another type of faith. That these sticks and branches they cut down and embed in the mud at the bottom of the pond to keep fresh for later eating, will be enough to last them the winter when the pond is frozen over.
IMG_2575.JPG

Another video frame.
The only entrance to the beaver lodge is under water. It is far enough down to be well under the ice that will seal off this pond. The ice will get to be close to 6” thick. The beavers will be active all winter, unseen under the ice. Diving down to retrieve a tasty branch that they will nibble or gnaw the bark off. Yum. It’s hard to imagine how the bark off young branches is enough to sustain a whole family of beavers.
This pond is known as “bottomless”, although in practical terms that just means it is very deep. In geological terms it is known as a sink hole formed when a big chunk of ice was left embedded in the ground as the glacier ice receded, and when it melted left a very deep pond, at least 90 feet deep.
My daughter learned to skate on this pond several winters ago. Now there’s another type of faith. Stepping out onto the ice on a 90 foot deep pond and believing the ice will hold you up.

I know I’m anthropomorphizing, or at least making a leap of faith, when I infer that this family of beavers had faith I would not harm them as they allowed me to stand just 1.5 metres from them.
Possibly combined with faith that they could bite the hell out of you if you threatened their kits.

Back
Top Bottom