MobiColour -RESULT- MCC #286 3 Jul-10 Jul Theme: PANORAMAS or 16:9

It's a vertical pano. When I can't get as much of a scene in as I want I'll often fall back to a pano shot, ending up with a squatter or narrower aspect ratio than I would with a straight shot, I guess because of lens distortion and algorithm whatsits.
I do vertical panos for trees. :D

Pano attempt at the South Butler drags.
6D2B57F4-E678-4B38-90BC-8F94CA1DAF20.jpeg

It's a vertical pano. When I can't get as much of a scene in as I want I'll often fall back to a pano shot, ending up with a squatter or narrower aspect ratio than I would with a straight shot, I guess because of lens distortion and algorithm whatsits.
So would you still 'pan' the shot? Traditionally I would expect a panorama (or 16:9) shot to look like the first ones posted on this thread, what am I missing?

So would you still 'pan' the shot? Traditionally I would expect a panorama (or 16:9) shot to look like the first ones posted on this thread, what am I missing?
Yes. So here's the chicken run in wide angle taken in portrait and vertical pano taken in landscape. You can see the pano has more of a 4:3 type ratio but has more of the scene in view on all sides.
Clipboard02.jpg

...to look like the first ones posted...
Well, in all humility, I guess I'm just an innovator, a trend setter, someone for others to look to as a leader and a charismatic figure to be admired and talked of in hushed tones. :appsir:

I still panned (?) the tree, but the shot from Butler was cropped from original pano, if that helps. Maybe I shouldn’t have posted the cropped image, but I tend not to get tied into themes.

I still panned (?) the tree, but the shot from Butler was cropped from original pano, if that helps. Maybe I shouldn’t have posted the cropped image, but I tend not to get tied into themes.
I think I need to go to Pano 101 as some of these shots do not look like Pano's to me :lol:

Just to clear it up, it’s pano or 16x9 (cropped to this size if necessary). I wanted to give an out to anybody who didn’t want to be bothered with pano. Obviously pano covers a multitude of lengths but I’m really looking for Loooong. Vertical is fine.

Back
Top Bottom