MobiColour RESULT-MCC #301 Theme: October

Happy Birthday

F99384BD-361F-4A67-821D-FB4DA8DB0BBA.jpeg

If it’s October, it must be Roger’s birthday!
Foodie, Snapseed

Teasels in the sun

View attachment 186788
We had joy, we had fun. We had teasels in the sun. … I’m sure that’s how the song goes. Anyway, the sun at this time of year is low in the sky and is perfect for back lit photography.
Hipstamatic
Me and my best friend just loved that song :D And I love this photo. Great bokeh

What's the required distance in the UK?
Most UK railways are fenced off and it would be trespass to go near the line. There are exceptions of course, there are still some open crossing where say an ancient footpath crosses the line and it has to be open to cross. These are usually well known suicide spots so even these are being closed off. In the UK the land either side of the line is owned by what we call Network Rail, there is not much open land around railways, well maybe some in the north of Scotland.
The cables for the lineside equipment are also rich pickings for criminal gangs who can strip the metal out for scrap.

Stupid Swede asking: Why would it be illegal :thinking:
Suicide, kids playing by the line and putting themselves in danger, terrorists, vandalism, stupid people etc.
Some train drivers never recover mentally from someone throwing themselves in front of a speeding train that cannot possibly stop.

I'm assuming that this locomotive was moving slowly enough not to feel like anyone was in danger, but the driver will still be aware that the person with the camera may be suicidal.

Most UK railways are fenced off and it would be trespass to go near the line. There are exceptions of course, there are still some open crossing where say an ancient footpath crosses the line and it has to be open to cross. These are usually well known suicide spots so even these are being closed off. In the UK the land either side of the line is owned by what we call Network Rail, there is not much open land around railways, well maybe some in the north of Scotland.
The cables for the lineside equipment are also rich pickings for criminal gangs who can strip the metal out for scrap.

Suicide, kids playing by the line and putting themselves in danger, terrorists, vandalism, stupid people etc.
Some train drivers never recover mentally from someone throwing themselves in front of a speeding train that cannot possibly stop.

I'm assuming that this locomotive was moving slowly enough not to feel like anyone was in danger, but the driver will still be aware that the person with the camera may be suicidal.
OK, now I see. Those terrible things happen here too. I don’t know if we have any laws that apply. Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought it was forbidden to take photos of trains in the same way you’re not allowed to take photos in military bases and/or at concerts :facepalm:

OK, now I see. Those terrible things happen here too. I don’t know if we have any laws that apply. Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought it was forbidden to take photos of trains in the same way you’re not allowed to take photos in military bases and/or at concerts :facepalm:
No you can take as many photos of trains as you want.......from a distance :D

Back
Top Bottom