APPstract RESULT: Mobi Appstract #27 12/8-12/29ish

I’m putting this up with some embarrassment because it’s both bad and a straight up copy of one of the kid’s art projects on Jen’s Pintrest site. On the other hand, it’s one of the first things I’ve drawn since kindergarten ( one can see how much I’ve progressed) (and with none of the sublety of Jilly’s Modigliani), it was fun, and it gave me the opportunity to play around with SkectchBook and Pixelmator.(iColorama and Distressed Fx were also involved.)
View attachment 152727
I like it! And personally, I’m impressed with your skills. I’m sticking to using images!!

Last edited:
I am having a heck of a time coming up with an image. And now they went and upgraded Procreate. I’m currently binge watching Youtube videos. It’ll be great once I know whats going on. The problem started when I tried to create a brush......... o_O

I’m putting this up with some embarrassment because it’s both bad and a straight up copy of one of the kid’s art projects on Jen’s Pintrest site. On the other hand, it’s one of the first things I’ve drawn since kindergarten ( one can see how much I’ve progressed) (and with none of the sublety of Jilly’s Modigliani), it was fun, and it gave me the opportunity to play around with SkectchBook and Pixelmator.(iColorama and Distressed Fx were also involved.)
View attachment 152727

what Jilly said.

also *rubbish*

also I like the contrast of the really fine lines — especially the eyes. A little bit Matisse, a little bit Picasso — I’m seeing Klee wherever I look atm, so it could be me, . . . :D but alittlebitKlee there, I said it.

and btw *eyeroll* that’s why the Art Games page is there — so we can have a swing at unfamiliar stuff at kid level (where most of us are with this type of art except for one or two who shall remain nameless but you know who you are :mobibabe:)

also respect to you for ‘avin’ a go, like. :thumbs: :notworthy: :thumbs:

And without the slightest bit of embarrassment I’m posting my half-assed go at Klee meets kids‘ coloring pages meets SketchClub and my increasing frustration with layers and mismatched male & female figures (bcs if you’re going to have then floating in the sky playing trumpets that blow flowers at a duck, then you want them matching, right?)

this took me longer than anything I’ve done in ages. And I’m posting it because if I do a single thing more to it I’ll break something

C177C49F-EB79-4C09-B473-74EF9138A5D5.jpeg

My bg, collage bits from Etsy, community brushes from SketchClub, Repix for smudge & outline and Union was mainly useless this time :(

It’s NOT bad - it shows a great deal of artistic skill. Look at how you’ve got everything where it should be. Children tend to make the top of the head too small and put the eyes up there. The colours are fab too. I love this.
I like it! And personally, I’m impressed with your skills. I sticking to using images!!
what Jilly said.

also *rubbish*

also I like the contrast of the really fine lines — especially the eyes. A little bit Matisse, a little bit Picasso — I’m seeing Klee wherever I look atm, so it could be me, . . . :D but alittlebitKlee there, I said it.

and btw *eyeroll* that’s why the Art Games page is there — so we can have a swing at unfamiliar stuff at kid level (where most of us are with this type of art except for one or two who shall remain nameless but you know who you are :mobibabe:)

also respect to you for ‘avin’ a go, like. :thumbs: :notworthy: :thumbs:
Although I'm saying it, it goes without saying I wouldn't be posting (or even trying) such things unless I felt totally welcomed and supported in our wonderful Mobitog community (he says mawkishly.)

View attachment 152727
Definitely for the wall!

And without the slightest bit of embarrassment I’m posting my half-assed go at Klee meets kids‘ coloring pages meets SketchClub and my increasing frustration with layers and mismatched male & female figures (bcs if you’re going to have then floating in the sky playing trumpets that blow flowers at a duck, then you want them matching, right?)

this took me longer than anything I’ve done in ages. And I’m posting it because if I do a single thing more to it I’ll break something

View attachment 152736

My bg, collage bits from Etsy, community brushes from SketchClub, Repix for smudge & outline and Union was mainly useless this time :(
I keep coming back to this. :hearteyes:

View attachment 152727
It’s NOT bad - it shows a great deal of artistic skill. Look at how you’ve got everything where it should be. Children tend to make the top of the head too small and put the eyes up there. The colours are fab too. I love this.
I actually LOVE this.... and what Jilly said! You have a lot of artistic skill! :inlove:

View attachment 152736

WOW.... this is wonderful!! A bit wack-a-doodle and that's what I love about it. The whimsy and colors.... I would frame and hang this. :inlove:

My try at Kandinsky.
Procreate
View attachment 152767

This is fantastic , Star !

would you consider putting up some tutorials on your getting-to-know-the-updated Procreate ?

I for one have barely opened Procreate, bcs I think I’d need a degree in engineering to make my way around it. And if you started an ‘getting to know’ thread, maybe some of our other Procreate savvy members would contribute.

This is fantastic , Star !

would you consider putting up some tutorials on your getting-to-know-the-updated Procreate ?

I for one have barely opened Procreate, bcs I think I’d need a degree in engineering to make my way around it. And if you started an ‘getting to know’ thread, maybe some of our other Procreate savvy members would contribute.
Sure! I don’t really know what I’m doing but I think a collaboration would be fantastic! Not only that, but it will give me an excuse to spend some extra time with it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom