APPstract RESULT: Mobi Appstract #27 12/8-12/29ish

Australian Indigenous
SketchBook, Pixelmator, iColorama
View attachment 152813
Yes!!! This is what I was trying to achieve, with the fish. But I got distracted with the pretty blending modes......Story of my creative life!

I very much like this. You inspire me to give it another try.

Last edited:
I have a couple of weeks off coming up.

Yes!!! This is what I was trying to achieve, with the fish. But I got distracted with the pretty blending modes......Story of my creative life!

I very much like this. You inspire me to give it another try.

theres an app (!) I’ve never gotten the hang of it, but my sis uses it a lot to do that kindof indigenous art/dot painting. You draw little shapes or dots or lines and what you draw is repeated, mosaic like, in various kaleidoscopic patterns. What’s it called. Damnit. i can almost see the little icon. I think it starts with an ‘i’ (that’ll narrow it down some :lmao: )

In the style of . . . um . . .

AE3AFA67-E474-41E2-B98A-F2509E5B7695.jpeg

two portraits layered on to an existing collage. Then an existing background layered on to mask her hair and another one to bring back some colour.

theres an app (!) I’ve never gotten the hang of it, but my sis uses it a lot to do that kindof indigenous art/dot painting. You draw little shapes or dots or lines and what you draw is repeated, mosaic like, in various kaleidoscopic patterns. What’s it called. Damnit. i can almost see the little icon. I think it starts with an ‘i’ (that’ll narrow it down some :lmao: )
Is it iOrnament? If it isn’t, you can do that with iOrnament. :thumbs:

I started with a couple of images I put into Snapdot. It makes everything dots. But then, things went awry...

Variations on a Theme

2B76482D-38AC-4B1B-BB35-4348C17E14E7.jpeg

Inspired by sdimbour Sandra, who posted some images of her visit to the Elysee Palace in Paris. There were some fantastic modernist furniture, so I went onto the Internet to find out more about the modern art that is displayed there. This is my take on an artist whose work is hung at the Palace - Marie Laurencin.
Procreate, iColorama

Variations on a Theme

View attachment 152908

Inspired by sdimbour Sandra, who posted some images of her visit to the Elysee Palace in Paris. There were some fantastic modernist furniture, so I went onto the Internet to find out more about the modern art that is displayed there. This is my take on an artist whose work is hung at the Palace - Marie Laurencin.
Procreate, iColorama
Rosebud lips

Variations on a Theme

View attachment 152908

Procreate, iColorama
So beautiful..... the colors are divine, and that neon pop of the lips is so perfect!! :notworthy: :inlove:

My attempt at Aboriginal Art. Def not I envisioned! :lmao:
Procreate
View attachment 152756

I think I‘ll wander over to SketchClub and try some Kandinsky.
Australian Indigenous
SketchBook, Pixelmator, iColorama
View attachment 152813

These two beauties make me realise I’m the only Australian posting in this thread (unless we can persuade younger :) ) and I’ve never tried a dot painting. Except in mandalas, which afaik wasn’t part of indigenous Australian art :appsir: .

You two have inspired me to have a go. I have a rainbow serpent somewhere (another ‘adult colouring page’ - my go-to art inspiration these days :mobibabe:)

Back
Top Bottom