• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Result: TS110 2pm Saturday Dec-16

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm in!
The Christmas tree is up and decorated. A veritable battalion of snowmen decorating the house. Lots of birds visiting the bird feeder. Heavy rain one day then -10ºC the next. Who knows what will be happening on Saturday. Well, Time Stamp for sure.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Today I’m participating in the Christmas Bird Count in my area, again this year. -11.7°C this morning plus a cold wind.
We went to the shore to see what we could see [emoji445] and here is a view from the beach. Ice on the cliffs, big waves.
IMG_3481.JPG

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Today I’m participating in the Christmas Bird Count in my area, again this year. -11.7°C this morning plus a cold wind.
We went to the shore to see what we could see [emoji445] and here is a view from the beach. Ice on the cliffs, big waves.
View attachment 103470
Gorgeous place you live... wow. :inlove: Did you count any birds?

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Gorgeous place you live... wow. :inlove: Did you count any birds?

Yes, several, but only 11 species. Among them was a Northern Shrike, White-Winged Crossbill, Bald Eagle, Downy Woodpecker, Penguin. I guess I was just imagining the penguin. It was cold enough for them, though. The smart birds were sitting indoors by the fire. We walked several km through the woods and generally enjoyed the day.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

If you use the Mobi app you will notice I have been making the Time Stamp Logo picture each week to match the shape shown in the list view. It is a somewhat narrower cinema frame, 2.167:1, or approximately 62% of a standard 4:3 horizontal image. To some degree the Time Stamp logo picture is a chance to draw people's attention to the Time Stamp thread. Previously I noticed that important parts were being cropped off the image, making it much less useful as a "sign".
On the Safari view you get square preview images so that's another problem to accommodate.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 103493

Might be boring, looks like shopping mall, but I can post anything, I'm the Wrapper-Upper. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I remember you telling us how crowded your shopping areas are. Here’s a view at our mall. Not that busy.
IMG_2756.JPG

Lots of people use the mall for exercise walking in the winter. You can usually spot them. They look intent on stepping along and carry no shopping bags. I’m often tempted to ask them “lap 2?”

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Rushed off early this morning to get my last minute shopping done. Just as well as Guildford was packed even at 9am in the morning! So I was lounging around at home at 2pm. I received an unexpected gift from a special friend this morning so added it to a little display I made as well as a picture of the wreath on our front door:

Imaengine:
A1546C90-AFA1-4F10-B8B5-BC7B9A2FA7F7.jpeg

Imaengine:
90CD7904-D15E-48B6-8E60-18D1268029D8.jpeg

iColorama and Hipsta:
264C6DA1-4EDD-47EA-8C2F-919C04306DED.jpeg

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Just before 2pm we were at the Barnack Hills and Holes. This is a large area, just outside Stamford that was a quarry first mined by the Romans!

1DA0F0CB-A4B2-499C-9EB3-2717D9E6D2CE.jpeg

40F5A89E-9ABA-4896-ACCF-9A4A553D22BE.jpeg

B91A3EF7-0617-42E8-BD81-3AEFFF132881.jpeg

The black and white version shows the contours a bit better I think.

Anyway, we arrived home just after 2pm to find a lovely vase of flowers and a box of chocolates from Rog’s daughter. A lovely surprise.

CF922F3D-FF26-466F-B26F-5878BBAFF2A9.jpeg

Snapseed

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Just before 2pm we were at the Barnack Hills and Holes. This is a large area, just outside Stamford that was a quarry first mined by the Romans!

View attachment 103507

View attachment 103508

View attachment 103509

Anyway, we arrived home just after 2pm to find a lovely vase of flowers and a box of chocolates from Rog’s daughter. A lovely surprise.

View attachment 103510
Snapseed
Lovely atmosphere in the second pic, Jilly.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 103507

View attachment 103508

View attachment 103509

View attachment 103510
Snapseed

One of the things I find so fascinating about England, Scotland, Ireland is the long reach of history. The Romans, no less. 1500 years ago! It’s interesting that the site is also regarded as a unique habitat for rare plants. Something really old here turns out to be just 150 years old. Even the very beginning of the new world & Columbus is just 1492. Of course there were indigenous peoples here already but they didn’t leave much behind that survives to be seen. Even a log cabin built nearby just 60 years ago has gone into the ground.
I think the bigger difference between your 2nd & 3rd Photo is not the colour/B&W but the change of camera angle and how much of the contoured landscape appears in the foreground.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I didn’t feel much like going out today after being out in the cold all day yesterday.
SimplyHDR148421046.JPG

The foreground part is a hand made decoration bought at a pet show.
Portrait mode with close-up lens.
SimplyHDR148508469.JPG

ameraC. A gift from a friend.
SimplyHDR148646393.JPG

PureShot.
For this last one I did have to go outside.
Minor tweaks in the Photos app.
Edit: I also used Simply HDR to add a vignette while shutting off the other features.

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
All I’ve been eating for two days is cookies and fudge.... so I’m roasting butternut squash and sweet onion. I’ve got a bunch of other lovely veggies in the frig (broccoli, beets, a turnip, sweet potato, yellow squash) so I’m vowing to only eat veggies for the rest of the weekend.

:rolleyes:

<sigh> We’ll see how THAT goes.
F07D086C-8D96-42A3-A4EC-547F20BF3C37.jpeg
F7FCCB9F-D02C-4AE9-A786-28850AEA00B0.jpeg