MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Looking for a refuge for quiet contemplation, or perhaps to hang out with friends in the Out-of-this-world time zone?The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place open 24/7.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I almost forgot to say I’m In! This weekend I’ll be in Saint Andrews by the Sea for a Suzuki car meet, would you believe. Of course this is just an excuse for a getaway weekend. 2 pm should find me at Minister’s Island. Already getting packed.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
6C59EB26-DD4C-4673-B8CE-FC48EEC1D499.jpeg

I was struggling to find a clock for Time Stamp when I found this... Decorated with AR TextFX and Painnt.
Now I’m ready for anything.
The interesting thing about AR TextFX is that you don’t add the text to a photo. Instead, you create some 3D text which is virtually projected on the image plane and then you make the photo, combining text and subject.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m in Saint Andrews, New Brunswick. It is on a peninsula separated from the USA by the St. Croix River.
4CCF491F-115A-4CD0-B113-A011EB1547EB.jpeg

The land you see across the water in the distance (3km?) is the USA. You can see the Canadian border is well defended against anyone attempting to smuggle in an extra pack of cigarettes or bottle of the demon rum.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m in Saint Andrews, New Brunswick. It is on a peninsula separated from the USA by the St. Croix River.
View attachment 110438
The land you see across the water in the distance (3km?) is the USA. You can see the Canadian border is well defended against anyone attempting to smuggle in an extra pack of cigarettes or bottle of the demon rum.
Those canons might come in handy real soon ;)

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Been to the allotment for the first time in quite a while to weed.
To set the scene, saw this by the river on the way. There are plenty of fishermen on the canal a couple of hundred yards away but the river is walled off through the village with few access points so this is the first fisher I've seen in 10 years of living here. On the other hand the river is mostly good clean water and has many trout in it even this far upstream. I was listening to the tetrapod zoology podcast as he pulled this one out. The main road through the valley is directly behind me.

20180609_134855.jpg

Here's the allotment. The round house to the right is all hand made and rendered. The clay oven is my baby. I learned how to extract clay from soil to make this. Back breaking work.
20180609_140331.jpg

20180609_141428-01.jpeg

20180609_141538-01.jpeg

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 110437
I was struggling to find a clock for Time Stamp when I found this... Decorated with AR TextFX and Painnt.
Now I’m ready for anything.
The interesting thing about AR TextFX is that you don’t add the text to a photo. Instead, you create some 3D text which is virtually projected on the image plane and then you make the photo, combining text and subject.
Wow! This maybe my favorite, ever,

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
To set the scene, saw this by the river on the way. There are plenty of fishermen on the canal a couple of hundred yards away but the river is walled off through the village with few access points so this is the first fisher I've seen in 10 years of living here. On the other hand the river is mostly good clean water and has many trout in it even this far upstream. I was listening to the tetrapod zoology podcast as he pulled this one out. The main road through the valley is directly behind me.

View attachment 110446
Here's the allotment. The round house to the right is all hand made and rendered. The clay oven is my baby. I learned how to extract clay from soil to make this. Back breaking work.
View attachment 110447
View attachment 110448
View attachment 110449
I not usually a jealous person, but... This looks so relaxing and fun to hang out and putter around. I lived many years in Germany where allotments are handed down almost from father to son. Every Friday there was a mass exodus from the City to the garden. I loved it

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 110446
View attachment 110447
View attachment 110448
View attachment 110449
Allotment? Is that like a camp or summer home? You built all that? I don’t think I’d ever leave.

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Allotment? Is that like a camp or summer home? You built all that? I don’t think I’d ever leave.
Possibly called a Community Garden where you live, according to wikipedia. Our allotments are community owned and have been up and running maybe 8 years now. We have a canal on one side, woods on the opposite, water treatment facility on the third and a small residential street on the other. Chickens, bees, communal area, poly tunnel, raised beds and a hard standing, canal mooring with a paying customer on it and frogs and toads and wood peckers in early spring.
It's lovely but also quite staggering the amount of internal political wrangling that goes on.

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Possibly called a Community Garden where you live, according to wikipedia. Our allotments are community owned and have been up and running maybe 8 years now. We have a canal on one side, woods on the opposite, water treatment facility on the third and a small residential street on the other. Chickens, bees, communal area, poly tunnel, raised beds and a hard standing, canal mooring with a paying customer on it and frogs and toads and wood peckers in early spring.
It's lovely but also quite staggering the amount of internal political wrangling that goes on.
Ah, so you don’t have your own plots? Or do you just have responsibility to cultivate a patch? And the lovely little cabin - that’s communal?

Love the chives with the bee :inlove:

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It was a glorious day today and it’s Surrey Open Studios where the artists open their houses to the public to display and sell their art. I didn’t feel that I could photograph some of the personal homes so I headed to one of my favourite places, The Medicine Garden, where some of the artists also had their work on display except they were only exhibiting tomorrow. Which didn’t matter because it’s really a photographer’s dream as it is.

I arrived at exactly 2pm and quickly walked around the flowers to take some pics and then into the courtyard where the quaint little shops and cafe are. Sorry, it’s a bit of a photo bomb because I had so many pics I wanted to show!

iPhone camera, Hipstamatic - Jing+Indio+Tasty Pop
Some cyclists stopping off for a break at the entrance to the courtyard:
98F03C91-B891-4833-9D4C-B9CAB56E779D.jpeg

Turning from here to the left are some people on deckchairs within the gardens. No edits.
7BEDFBE8-1E59-4285-94E0-822C3FD6E89C.jpeg

To the right there’s a children’s wooden play structure and a chicken coop. iPhone camera, Hipstamatic - John S + Ina’s 1982 + Triple Crown
4A0EE940-4D4E-49CD-A4A9-1CB1ADD3B906.jpeg

Through the entrance and into the court. No edits. Lots of plants on sale and in the Pineapple Store, so many lovely little knick-knacks.
4C21E442-6F71-44CA-94B9-62F01CAC1A79.jpeg

One of the little garden statues you can buy. iPhone camera, Hipstamatic and the new Lisbon pak.
BB53DD17-B8A0-40AE-933B-34BAB57ACA92.jpeg

Another interesting scene in the courtyard. So many shots like this. iPhone camera, Hipstamatic - Jane lens, Clarity 30.
717F43D3-9913-4F0A-914A-1919A5C09F34.jpeg

Finally, out of timestamp I took a pano (iPhone camera) as I was leaving the gardens, looking towards the entrance to the courtyard. So difficult to give a full view of what the garden looks like without it.
B4D54B2D-B4E3-4DD9-B24F-56A2A3D0A396.jpeg

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Ah, so you don’t have your own plots? Or do you just have responsibility to cultivate a patch? And the lovely little cabin - that’s communal?

Love the chives with the bee :inlove:
Not sure of the encorporation status but the members own the site but pay for individual plots on the site.
Having been ran over by a bus last year ours is mostly full of weeds. We have special dispensation but people's largesse can run short when your plot begins producing dandelion, dock and creeping buttercup seeds.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
2:00pm finds me just back from the laundry room... I’m organizing stuff for my 5 day hiking getaway next week... wheeeee!!! I’m driving to Vermont on Monday for 5 days of hiking, yoga, fresh air and healthy food. Can hardly wait!!

9A2DE9D8-BDD1-43A8-885B-A97690AB12F4.jpeg

Snapseed

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 110446
View attachment 110447
View attachment 110448
View attachment 110449
This is WONDERFUL!!! The round house is amazing...look at that live roof. :hearteyes: And your clay oven!! I’m duly impressed. :notworthy: And is that your greenhouse too? And you’ve got hives!! Is that a rain barrel? or composter? in the bottom left? Oh I just love this little piece of heaven. :hearteyes: Mind if I park a tiny house on wheels there? I don’t mind weeding... :sneaky:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I’m going to tentatively say I’m in. My knee surgery is healing nicely and I may risk multitasking so I can grab a shot while balancing on a crutch.
Oh man.... I’m sure I missed this news by not visiting your 52 Project more often. :eek: :cheeks: :barf: Glad your knee is healing well... :inlove: Hugs to you! XOXO

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
:hearteyes: !!! HEAVEN !!! :hearteyes:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
It was a glorious day today and it’s Surrey Open Studios where the artists open their houses to the public to display and sell their art. I didn’t feel that I could photograph some of the personal homes so I headed to one of my favourite places, The Medicine Garden, where some of the artists also had their work on display except they were only exhibiting tomorrow. Which didn’t matter because it’s really a photographer’s dream as it is.

I arrived at exactly 2pm and quickly walked around the flowers to take some pics and then into the courtyard where the quaint little shops and cafe are. Sorry, it’s a bit of a photo bomb because I had so many pics I wanted to show!

View attachment 110454

Turning from here to the left are some people on deckchairs within the gardens. No edits.
View attachment 110455

To the right there’s a children’s wooden play structure and a chicken coop. iPhone camera, Hipstamatic - John S + Ina’s 1982 + Triple Crown
View attachment 110456

Through the entrance and into the court. No edits. Lots of plants on sale and in the Pineapple Store, so many lovely little knick-knacks.
View attachment 110457

One of the little garden statues you can buy. iPhone camera, Hipstamatic and the new Lisbon pak.
View attachment 110458

Another interesting scene in the courtyard. So many shots like this. iPhone camera, Hipstamatic - Jane lens, Clarity 30.
View attachment 110459

Finally, out of timestamp I took a pano (iPhone camera) as I was leaving the gardens, looking towards the entrance to the courtyard. So difficult to give a full view of what the garden looks like without it.
View attachment 110460
What a wonderful place to spend an afternoon!! :inlove: I can see you, Jilly or Jen using the garden statue in one of your fabulous collages.

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 110446
View attachment 110447
View attachment 110448
View attachment 110449
The community gardens I see around here don't usually have the structures we see on your allotment. They're primarily plots of vegetables and/or flowers. I've never been involved with one so I don't know about the politics involved.

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 110454

View attachment 110455

View attachment 110456

View attachment 110457

View attachment 110458

View attachment 110459

View attachment 110460
Great photos. Looks like a fantastic place.
The first time I read this ,"To the right there’s a children’s wooden play structure and a chicken coop" I read "play structure ON a chicken coop" and thought that's a novel concept.