• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Result: TS40 2pm Saturday Aug-13

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That's Right! Time Stamp has hit the BIG 4 oh!

Saturday, 2pm, Time Stamp, no theme.

Overview:
Participants will make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Rules:
- Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.
- All images must be shot between 2:00pm to 2:10pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 10 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm. Be careful not to remove the creation time & date from your image metadata.
- You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:10pm window of opportunity.
- You may enter up to 3 images. To reward your enthusiasm you can have an extra 5 minutes for each additional image (up to 2), after 2pm for your extra 2 shots. This means, if you choose to enter 3 pictures, your total window of opportunity will be 20 minutes in total. If you are submitting one image your window of opportunity remains the original 10 minutes. Remember, that includes editing time.
- Post your images to this thread. Images posted using the Mobitog app at 1024px are perfectly OK. No need to send high resolution images via Safari.
- Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). There's no point in delaying since any editing must be completed within the official window of opportunity. You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.
- Have some creative fun!
Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

Now Weekly!:
• Time Stamp has become a regular weekly event! We will stick to the current Saturday at 2 pm time slot for a while until we decide to try some other time. This week will have no theme but other weeks might (so pay attention!).
• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.
• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.
- Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470772379.462662.jpg

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
3 minutes up the road from my apartment block is the Bowen Road joggers lane which goes for 2.5 kms along the side of the hill. I go here to get photos of little critters, to walk and to collect leaves for printing which is what I did today to coincide with the 2pm photo.

Some of the walkers/joggers and the typical look of the walk (resolution reduction later)
Snapseed

image.jpeg

Not many flowers but I got this small one using the Camera+ macro option - such a fantastic parameter (size reduction later)

image.jpeg

Sat on a bench to Snapseed the first one and applied Coherence and High on this in iColorama:

image.jpeg

I found these little critters about 10 minutes before Timestamp but of all insects I find centipedes a little creepy and decided to move on rather than wait for Timestamp. The fungi was also putting gunk on my iPhone because I was trying to get close with the macro lens. Got a bit freaked out which is unusual for me.

image.jpeg

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
3 minutes up the road from my apartment block is the Bowen Road joggers lane which goes for 2.5 kms along the side of the hill. I go here to get photos of little critters, to walk and to collect leaves for printing which is what I did today to coincide with the 2pm photo.

Some of the walkers/joggers and the typical look of the walk (resolution reduction later)
Snapseed

View attachment 80752

Not many flowers but I got this small one using the Camera+ macro option - such a fantastic parameter (size reduction later)

View attachment 80753

Sat on a bench to Snapseed the first one and applied Coherence and High on this in iColorama:

View attachment 80754

I found these little critters about 10 minutes before Timestamp but of all insects I find centipedes a little creepy and decided to move on rather than wait for Timestamp. The fungi was also putting gunk on my iPhone because I was trying to get close with the macro lens. Got a bit freaked out which is unusual for me.

View attachment 80755

Your background info about the location and what you were doing made me feel as though I could really follow along and imagine your experience. What a wonderful spot to have close to home. I find that even a small green space feels like an oasis of sanity in a busy city. The flower is not one I recognize - about 1 cm? Your centipedes are much more colourful than the ones here. I think our reactions to spiders and snakes, etc., are hard wired into our primitive brain and have more to do with the distant past when these creatures were much bigger and more dangerous than the ones we typically encounter today. Still, the imprint remains.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm found me on the A1 - I'd been to Stamford, an old market town - to buy Rog his favourite chocolate. "The A1 is the longest numbered road in the UK, at 410 miles (660 km). It connects London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, with Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland." I quickly (and safely :)) left the A1 and stopped at the bridge in Wansford, a village a mile away from the village in which I was born. When I was little and we used to walk to Wansford through the fields and by the river, it seemed like it was miles away :lol:. Today I couldn't get out of the car, so these were all taken whilst I was stationary somewhere.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I apologise for the quality (or lack of it) in these. I had not time to finesse. The last one, with the motorbike, made me laugh. I was trying to get the view over the fields to the village where I was born, but got the tail end of this rider who was riding past instead.:D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I had no cell service or wifi at 2pm, so I'm uploading these now. [emoji849] Was on a gorgeous hike with the Martin family, and at precisely 2pm when my alarm went off we were sitting on this hill in Caer Caradoc, Schropshire. [emoji173]️

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471107313.087702.jpg

Here are a couple more from today... had an amazing time today vixenscry!!! :inlove:

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471107394.017615.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471107415.685741.jpg

Snapseed

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm found me once again preparing to go to the outdoor theatre to start setting up for tonight's concert. I took a couple of minutes off to run around the yard looking for something to photograph.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471109840.563208.jpg

Musk Mallow.
All 3: iPhone 6, Fusion, BeCasso.
This one makes use of one of the oil painting presets I thought I would never use but the sweeping brush strokes seem just right for this one.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471109976.263152.jpg

Common Nightshade.
BeCasso watercolour.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471110029.789668.jpg

Oil painting again and the wild brush strokes fit my feeling of the organized confusion of the plants just right.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

2 pm had us at our favorite brewery, again. These are the hops we brought from our front porch. They hung them up like a wreath.
Hipstamatic.

Could you explain Star - you took your hops to the brewery? And they hung them up? Great b&w. :thumbs:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Today was the day I eventually got me the one year museum ticket. I bought it at the reception of the Senckenberg museum opposite of my friend Rex and the Love/Hate sculpture/installation. I was a warm and wonderful day, and I really enjoyed the bones. [emoji4]
I even found a gift for zenjenny at the "great hall" on the wall at the children's corner before 2pm. So first off competition, especially for Jen, but all who like to zen colouring are welcome. [emoji1]

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471116329.153174.jpg

And I thought I'm walking my fish eye lens to see if it's any good and if I'm getting hooked on it like I am with macro lens. And the first picture happened 10 to 2pm, so post it as a bonus and off completion, too. [emoji4] I kinda like the spherical view.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471117348.408337.jpg

At 2pm I was in the whale and mammut section. Now I took all images with FusionHDR and fish eye attached. Okay, I don't like the not symmetrical black corners – I've tried the magnetic cheapo lenses I've got yesterday. In fact the magnetic idea is cool, just glue the metal ring onto your mobile and the lenses are easily attached and removed. Only I've learned: do not use magnetic lenses with your 6s+! all you get is a focus running wild. In the rhythm of a heartbeat! Weird!!
But the 6pod behaved well and did nice shots.
The mammoths (greetings from Manny and Ellie from Ice Age!)

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471117461.032887.jpg

And the whales of different ages

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471117506.070302.jpg

And then I quickly walked around the corner to cabinet of horror, where you can see everything what's inside bodies. The cabinet shown contains eyes and tongues (left) as well as various intestines in the middle and hearts and kidney on the right. Impressive. Believe me. All kept in Formaldehyd, you call it fomaldeide, and such. From mice to cats and apes, parts and even embryos. Freaky but interesting.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471117994.729085.jpg

In the end I found the attachment ring at the lens instead on the pod. Made me realise the clip on lenses are far better to handle than the magnetic ones.

After the images taken I went up to the bistro, hoping they will have some wifi to connect with but there wasn't. And because of sitting outside there was no way to see the pictures properly, even underneath the parasol. So I enjoyed the view, the lunch, the drink and would do the screening and posting when I'm at the Starbucks later. Unfortunately today the wifi didn't accept to post pictures. So here I am at home, opened the mobi app at approx 6pm, got lost in "yellow", Dolly and TS #39 and started this post something after 9 pm. Now it's 10 pm and I'm just finished. [emoji1]

mwolfer

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Melissa 'Mel'
Device
iPhone X
Pictures that have nothing to do with the event.
We went to the annual firehouse BBQ cook off. There was a lot of great food and lots of competitions. However, it was so hot that after two hours we were walking out to leave when my alarm went off. So I hurriedly took some Hipstamatic photos of the landscape.

Stay cool everyone!!!

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471122804.393547.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471122892.121811.jpg

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2 PM found me on a architecture walking tour of downtown Chicago.(Here visiting my daughter.) Chicago, per our guide, is the Ameican capital of Modernism (architecturally speaking). Here's looking up.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471127692.491822.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471127710.183827.jpg

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Here's my later-in-the-day photo that sums up what all my work is for on Saturdays.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1471136576.819385.jpg

This is a small flat version of the 360 panorama.
http://pnr.ma/eQVcpb
This is a link to see the interactive 360 panorama in-the-round. Get out your swivel chair and check it out. This was made with DMD Panorama on iPhone 6 and the Motrr Galileo robotic head. It makes 18 portrait orientation shots and blends them together in no time flat.
I just heard that Motrr is closing up shop and moving on to some other adventure so the Galileo will be very hard to find now.

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Pictures that have nothing to do with the event.
We went to the annual firehouse BBQ cook off. There was a lot of great food and lots of competitions. However, it was so hot that after two hours we were walking out to leave when my alarm went off. So I hurriedly took some Hipstamatic photos of the landscape.

Stay cool everyone!!!

View attachment 80795

View attachment 80796

Love these hipsta shots, Mel :inlove: