APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #4 Everyday Items

That is an interesting idea for the theme. Here’s an attempt from me.

47A03944-C2B3-4ACA-804A-63D7C40BA2CC.jpeg

I started in Affinity Photo and then made several versions in Decim8. Later I used Clip2Comic, Painnt, and finally Haiku, but I tried several things so I can’t remember if I used all of these or not. There is a vague sense of a bunch of disks flying through the air in this one. And maybe the dots and dashes might represent bits & bytes of data on a disk. There is a laser burning a disk (apparently) and lots of data leaks floating around in the air. I didn’t see any point in adding additional images to the mix.

FA5CB455-0E09-428B-B834-14DFCB96E07B.jpeg

This is the original image - a blank DVD in sunlight, not even in good focus except maybe in one corner.

Another attempt. The Key(s) to the Castle.
48DF6AE9-430E-4477-BB47-C90B3778A575.jpeg

Starting again in Affinity Photo, then a few variations in Decim8. I scrunched a few variations in Painnt, BeCasso, Aerograph, and blended in another key with Affinity. Keys, keys, and more keys. Which ones are useful and which are diversions. The way the keys are multiplied lends a sense of 3D to the image.

3FAD5F76-ACC8-42A9-B6A8-77EE066BA3EE.jpeg

The original image. These are from a ring of old keys I have hanging by the stairs.

View attachment 119922
I started in Affinity Photo and then made several versions in Decim8. Later I used Clip2Comic, Painnt, and finally Haiku, but I tried several things so I can’t remember if I used all of these or not. There is a vague sense of a bunch of disks flying through the air in this one. And maybe the dots and dashes might represent bits & bytes of data on a disk. There is a laser burning a disk (apparently) and lots of data leaks floating around in the air. I didn’t see any point in adding additional images to the mix.

View attachment 119921
This is the original image - a blank DVD in sunlight, not even in good focus except maybe in one corner.

View attachment 119925
Starting again in Affinity Photo, then a few variations in Decim8. I scrunched a few variations in Painnt, BeCasso, Aerograph, and blended in another key with Affinity. Keys, keys, and more keys. Which ones are useful and which are diversions. The way the keys are multiplied lends a sense of 3D to the image.

View attachment 119924
The original image. These are from a ring of old keys I have hanging by the stairs.
These are both cool! I love that the first one does look like there’s lots of mini disks flying around.

View attachment 119925

View attachment 119924
That’s cool!

View attachment 119925

View attachment 119924
What a great edit. It certainly does look 3D.

View attachment 119922

View attachment 119921
Parts of this look like a dragonfly’s wing. It’s very beautiful and intriguing.

You don’t have cotton sheets?? :eek:
An iron is very handy. I have 2, plus a regular ironing board and a mini tabletop one. One of my irons is for waxing my skis. That’s the non-steam variety. It also got some use for ironing on pre-glued wood trim. The other is a regular steam iron. And very handy for sewing projects to keep the seams crisp. As for ironing laundry. No. Usually a bit of a shake out of the dryer does the trick. The iron is needed more with a clothesline. Ironing only when a little smoothing makes a shirt more tidy for important occasions. Can’t have one collar tip sticking out. But who cares if sheets have wrinkles. You’ll only make new wrinkles every night. If an iron was good for facial wrinkles they would be worth a fortune.

Midnight

54EFD3CF-4F56-454E-BABA-2BF497C8BDE1.jpeg

DistressedFX, Leornardo, a tarnished copper sheet, an older Slow Shutter Cam image of a woman walking, and the original (below): a purposely de-focused photo of snowdrops.

290594E2-47F7-47E0-8FF0-6993C82DCB70.jpeg

(Yeah, it doesn't meet the definition of an appstract being something constructed that I floated last time because the original photo defines the entire layout. That's the trouble with definitions. :rolleyes::zip:)

Midnight

View attachment 120025

DistressedFX, Leornardo, a tarnished copper sheet, an older Slow Shutter Cam image of a woman walking, and the original (below): a purposely de-focused photo of snowdrops.

View attachment 120026

(Yeah, it doesn't meet the definition of an appstract being something constructed that I floated last time because the original photo defines the entire layout. That's the trouble with definitions. :rolleyes::zip:)
I like it, probably closer to what I'd think of posting here.

Midnight

View attachment 120025

View attachment 120026

Love it.

And the only useful function of definitions (albeit a function they fulfil very well) is to start arguments.

I made 5 pictures of things around the houses and did all the transformations in aremaC. In no time I had 150 interesting variations. I was curious to see how much I could do with just that one app. This one is two versions of the same picture blended together in Affinity since aremaC can’t do image blending.
9512FAF9-0D01-41B4-B816-8E6DAC2A1AA0.jpeg

This one combines a variation with the one below.

6AE09FD5-3DBE-43A1-AF25-4418C87DF4D1.jpeg

Another variation from the same subject (below).

CB444F0B-172B-4760-A6E2-4E975D746ADF.jpeg

The original image. A coil of air hose hanging on my compressor made in very low light at a slow shutter speed so it isn’t very crisp.
I made an instant accidental abstract of this same hose when my first picture was made at 1/3 second and I pulled the camera away during the exposure. Looks like flames.

Midnight

View attachment 120025

View attachment 120026

Lovely...

Some more aremaC madness.
F088125A-9270-4E12-9394-C608AB87AB25.jpeg

Two variations in aremaC.
ABAE2F87-8DDC-4357-A9D8-E6EB8AA3944B.jpeg

9B005D81-9EA5-4127-8521-39FFA08BB429.jpeg

The original accidental slow shutter blurred picture. Similar to the flamed one. (Part of the same HDR set, just different shutter speeds.)

An interesting thing about aremaC is that you can selectively brush on or off the effects.

I made 5 pictures of things around the houses and did all the transformations in aremaC. In no time I had 150 interesting variations. I was curious to see how much I could do with just that one app. This one is two versions of the same picture blended together in Affinity since aremaC can’t do image blending.
View attachment 120058
This one combines a variation with the one below.

View attachment 120056
Another variation from the same subject (below).

View attachment 120057
The original image. A coil of air hose hanging on my compressor made in very low light at a slow shutter speed so it isn’t very crisp.
I made an instant accidental abstract of this same hose when my first picture was made at 1/3 second and I pulled the camera away during the exposure. Looks like flames.
That’s cool! I like to do something like that when I’m waiting for something, appointments, snow tires getting put on... I take 3 photos then blend them to amuse myself. I never limited myself to one app...

View attachment 120066

A blending of two variations of the photo below. aremaC, Affinity. I also made variations that filled the white space but I decided I like this one better.

View attachment 120067
The original image. From the tape box.

Who’d’ve thought rolls of tape could look so interesting.
Your artistic adventures in aremaC have inspired me to make a mental note to open that app some time soon. I’ve had it some five years . . . :oops:

Back
Top Bottom