APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #7 Art Games

This is a great idea and a huge coincidence. Just yesterday I was contemplating how to create tesellations on the iPad. I stumbled across this site
which uses Amaziograph. This is just a quick example. Don’t judge my drawing (lack of) skills.
View attachment 120987
Then a bell went off in my head and I remembered something similar in Procreate. It’s the Symmetry tool. Choose Canvas> Drawing Guide>Edit Drawing Guide> Symmetry. There are other options as well.
View attachment 120988
I must try that in Procreate. It escaped my attention.

433DC7AA-268B-47C1-9305-3C002F1E369C.jpeg

I posted this in last year’s 52. Pencil and paper and one of the ‘how to make an abstract drawing’ art lessons for kids. (NB: I teach myself and source most of my art therapy exercises from ‘art lessons for kids’. In between wishing I had these art teachers when I was at school :))

This was my first ‘how to’ and of course I didn’t save it and haven't found it again using same search terms :mad: but after collecting a few I see it’s fairly generic — just a mud map to get the uninitiated (me) underway. I’ll post the ‘instructions’ (for the seven year olds they are addressed to) later

View attachment 121018

I posted this in last year’s 52. Pencil and paper and one of the ‘how to make an abstract drawing’ art lessons for kids. (NB: I teach myself and source most of my art therapy exercises from ‘art lessons for kids’. In between wishing I had these art teachers when I was at school :))

This was my first ‘how to’ and of course I didn’t save it and haven't found it again using same search terms :mad: but after collecting a few I see it’s fairly generic — just a mud map to get the uninitiated (me) underway. I’ll post the ‘instructions’ (for the seven year olds they are addressed to) later

Wonderful! And so picassoesque! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 121018

I remember this... loved it then, love it now. :inlove:

Avocados and other things will arrive in April
AA62D603-2A69-43F9-B20A-9CFC41E02845.jpeg

ProCamera, Waterlogue, Formulas, Trigraphy

Hi all. This image does not fit the theme. I only share it to be present and tell you that I am very envious of all the art that you achieve with applications of drawing, painting and related!

Last edited:
Avocados and other things will arrive in April
View attachment 121068
ProCamera, Waterlogue, Trigraphy, Formulas

Hi all. This image does not fit the theme. I only share it to be present and tell you that I am very envious of all the art that you achieve with applications of drawing, painting and related!

And it’s lovely! A tree for me. Very nice :thumbs:

Some more cats from one outline.
View attachment 121057

. Filling a masked layer below the outline has to be the cat’s meow of painting behind the lines.

Isn’t it just? :) And these are gorgeous. Isn’t it cool how the smallest change in the drawing (for instance, the pupils in the eyes) makes such a difference to the look and feel of the cat. I see a big colourful cat poster arising!

This is lovely! Edru Pro, you say? Starzee . . . Meet you in the App Store?
This is an emulation of a puddle of black paint and you drop blobs of different colours of paint and of varying sizes onto the black puddle and then you can drag a stick through the paint in different ways to create patterns. And there’s no messy cleanup afterwards.

Isn’t it just? :) And these are gorgeous. Isn’t it cool how the smallest change in the drawing (for instance, the pupils in the eyes) makes such a difference to the look and feel of the cat. I see a big colourful cat poster arising!
The middle cat on the top row was the most time consuming because I had to colour in each tiny space one by one. Part way through I decided pasting in a Frax image would be much faster, and I did that too on another cat, lower right.

SpinArt was a complete disappointment. You can smear the paint around while spinning but it isn’t like the “real” spin art that spins fast enough to centrifuge the paint outwards into interesting patterns.
13E7F067-BA18-435C-8926-22E27C1E0267.jpeg

Last edited:
Love this idea - both as a game and to get the ball rolling while we work on our masterpieces :thumbs: :D I’ve played this with my granddaughters. With three between 5 and 15, and all five years apart, there’s a history now of each growing in to and out of the game, which adds its own adds its own flavour to the experience.

Mr Riz, intrepid traveler, wonders to what next adventure his trusty red balloon will transport him.

View attachment 120962
Gosh, that’s just wonderful! :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom