Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:
Judge: zenjenny
Theme: ART GAMES!

Last edited by a moderator:

ART GAMES

Fancy trying a ‘Roll a Picasso’ ? or collaging a Kandinsky Tree
(Or a Klimt Tree of Life)?
Would you like to create a mandala? Or explore pattern art?
Draw a Laurel Burch Cat? Discover the basics of Australian Aboriginal art? Make pretty birds out of blobs?
Just for fun, channel your inner, unselfconscious child and play — with a sketch/paint app. Mask, erase, layer, filter to your heart’s content. Anything goes.

Here is the link to a Pinterest board with some options to start you off.
Choose one, and see where it takes you.
Post your finger-painting dice-rolling, blob-making masterpieces here with a bit of the back story, rinse and repeat.
Can’t wait to see what you come up with :)

https://pin.it/p6hia4ytgcebu4

Last edited:
ART GAMES

Fancy trying a ‘Roll a Picasso’ ? or collaging a Kandinsky Tree
(Or a Klimt Tree of Life)?
Would you like to create a mandala? Or explore pattern art?
Draw a Laurel Burch Cat? Discover the basics of Australian Aboriginal art? Make pretty birds out of blobs?
Just for fun, channel your inner, unselfconscious child and play — with a sketch/paint app. Mask, erase, layer, filter to your heart’s content. Anything goes.

Here is the link to a Pinterest board with some options to start you off.
Choose one, and see where it takes you.
Post your finger-painting dice-rolling, blob-making masterpieces here with a bit of the back story, rinse and repeat.
Can’t wait to see what you come up with :)

https://pin.it/p6hia4ytgcebu4
Oooooooo.... this will be interesting!! :inlove:

This is a family game. My parents played it with us when we were kids and I've played it with mine. It's called scribbles. It's very simple, one person does a scribble and the next has to add to it so it becomes a sketch or picture. It's great for long car journeys or rainy Sunday afternoons and an effective distraction and calming method with smaller kids that are bouncing off the walls.
Here's some actual examples of real ones me and my kids have done.
IMG_20190216_195318.jpg

Someone sneezing, a duck (slightly anxious by the look), a tree and a fish?
So to get the art games rolling while we all work on our master pieces, here's a scribble I'll offer up to the group. See what you can turn this into, feel free to rotate as you see fit.
1550347022147.jpg

Last edited:
This is a family game. My parents played it with us when we were kids and I've played it with mine. It's called scribbles. It's very simple, one person does a scribble and the next has to add to it so it becomes a sketch or picture. It's great for long car journeys or rainy Sunday afternoons and an effective distraction and calming method with smaller kids that are bouncing off the walls.
View attachment 120950
So to get the art games rolling while we all work on our master pieces, here's a scribble I'll offer up to the group. See what you can turn this into, feel free to rotate as you see fit.
View attachment 120951
I. LOVE. THIS. IDEA. Kind of a take on EOS... I think it should be a regular challenge... :sneaky:

Here’s my butterfly on a flower...

C45D3C09-737A-4EFD-B2B0-1790030D25F0.jpeg

Procreate Pocket

I. LOVE. THIS. IDEA. Kind of a take on EOS... I think it should be a regular challenge... :sneaky:

Here’s my butterfly on a flower...

View attachment 120955
Procreate Pocket
That's lovely.
I've never played it with adults before (except my sister and we are not adults together unless we're moaning about the vagaries of an aging body) it'll be interesting to see what comes up.

This is a fa?So to get the art games rolling while we all work on our master pieces, here's a scribble I'll offer up to the group. See what you can turn this into, feel free to rotate as you see fit.
View attachment 120951

Love this idea - both as a game and to get the ball rolling while we work on our masterpieces :thumbs: :D I’ve played this with my granddaughters. With three between 5 and 15, and all five years apart, there’s a history now of each growing in to and out of the game, which adds its own flavour to the experience.

Mr Riz, intrepid traveler, wonders to what next adventure his trusty red balloon will transport him.

5854A024-000A-4804-84D7-37F5BF08C7E4.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 120950
View attachment 120951
Fabi & I played this game with 2 teams of 3 over Christmas. I can’t remember the name, but you make a quick sketch and your team members try to guess the word the drawing signifies. Um, um, Pictionary? Sometimes we had to add more details if they didn’t guess it right away.
A drawing course I took started with making a random squiggle on the page and then seeing what you could make from it.

Light painting?
This is a refraction demonstrator using a variety of prisms of different shapes. You position your light source and watch the animated light effects produced. This round one makes sort of a face.
90E9F383-7D1D-4E66-8CC1-00BB137D9F85.jpeg

The app was called Prism HD. I say “was” because the app is no longer available for devices running an iOS version newer than about 9. It still resides on Fabi’s older iPad.

Love this idea - both as a game and to get the ball rolling while we work on our masterpieces :thumbs: :D I’ve played this with my granddaughters. With three between 5 and 15, and all five years apart, there’s a history now of each growing in to and out of the game, which adds its own adds its own flavour to the experience.

Mine first one is an intrepid traveler, wondering to what adventure his trusty red balloon will transport him.

View attachment 120962
WOW!!! That’s so creative! :notworthy:

Some playing with a vector drawing app.
View attachment 120964
Mr Spheroid meets the stylish Ms. Kandinsky.
Affinity Designer.

Light painting?
This is a refraction demonstrator using a variety of prisms of different shapes. You position your light source and watch the animated light effects produced. This round one makes sort of a face.
View attachment 120965
The app was called Prism HD. I say “was” because the app is no longer available for devices running an iOS version newer than about 9. It still resides on Fabi’s older iPad.
You’ve got so many unique apps! The first one is kind of a modern day Mr. Potato Head. :D

View attachment 120971
I took the above abstract and smudged everything in Procreate... then added some bits. Snapseed and Pixlr made an appearance.

Oooh smudging! I’ve been looking for tutorials on how to use different smudge brushes. Most of what Ive seen say ‘use for smudging’ :feet: But there are so many different types . . . Anyway, that’s a brilliant idea which 8 would never have come up with — and gorgeous abstract as a result ! :thumbs: :notworthy: :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom