B&W RESULTS:#78 Black & White Challenge

Thanks Rizole for the 2nd place very proud!!! And for the HM

Congrats ImageArt and Dscheff for the win and 3rd place. Outstanding images well done !

Congrats as well to HM.

[borrows JillyG's megaphone]
Roll up, Roll up! Ladies :mobibabe: and Gentlewibbles :appsir:, 7 days, 20 images, 12 contenders and what a week we've had.
We've had rich blacks. subtle whites and shades between to make your heart ache. :inlove: There's been textures, geometric lines, sensual curves, compositions, tension, alarm, drama and delicacy, everything you could want in a race to the top between talented, exciting and creative visual artistes! :look:

[/borrows JillyG's megaphone]

As well as the usual bunch of smashers this week we have a new contender on the block in the shape of FiveGz . Welcome sir, a beautiful picture with such subtle shades of white strongly framed by contrasting darks and the small secret in the middle most seemed to miss on first look. Nice first submission with compositional excellence and my first Honourable Mention of this week. Well done.

And making a welcome return this week and my second Honourable Mention is jalaislynn who simultaneously gave us a beautiful picture and proof that rumours of zenjenny's multiple personality disorder are just that, rumours.
The Storm was a big hit with the audience and received several readings. I had a slightly different take in that the storm could also be seen to be between two people and the crushed umbrella symbolic of the destructive whatsit of conflict. The many readings this pic evokes shows it's power. Nice one.

And my final HM's this week, in no particular order, go to:
sdimbour for Shadows and reflections Ellis Island museum - NYC, very moody and evocative.
Starzee for Jack - fun, engaging, makes me think about what the back story is.
JillyG for Shears - nice texture and combo of strong and soft lines.
sinnerjohn for foxy lady - great detail and a perfect focal point.

[hushed tones]
And now, the results you've all been waiting for... [dramatic pause]
[/hushed tones]
I have my 3 winners who all submitted their winning entries within 24 hours of each other but, as I type, have not yet ordered them so none of us know the results yet. I don't know about you but I'm quite excited. :D

In third place is dscheff with Pearly Visible - beautiful, simple, good use of negative space and gave rise to possibly the oddest conversation of the week. Sir, you have a lovely pear! :appsir:

In second place this week is sdimbour with Ellis Island Museum windows and reflections NYC. I've said it before and will probably say it again but, in my opinion, your eye for structure and composition is second to none. If the tiles on the floor are symmetrically laid, it looks like you took the picture from just left of centre. I can only assume the perfect framing of the sky scraper in the window to the right of the door was done on purpose. The stark contrasts in this picture are balanced by subtle light hues and the overlaying of textures and lines gives the picture depths at different distances from the viewer. Really lovely.

Which means there can only be one person left to be in first place. so without further ado it's got to be Umbrellas by ImageArt .

c2098282-565e-43f1-a6e6-51302ab5bc87-jpeg.109999

Energetic, engaging, patterned, movement, lines and swirls. A lovely pallet of tones, it's almost chaotic but the repetition of shapes and the highlights and shadows gives it structure, depth and, oddly, a simplicity.
Very well done Ann and given you have such a large task ahead of you in the mobicolour thread, I can only apologise at giving you something else to do next week. :oops:

[picks up JillyG's megaphone]
Well done one and all and thank you for your attention and participation. Be sure to tune in next week for another round of truly great submissions!
[/picks up JillyG's megaphone]

[borrows JillyG's megaphone]
Roll up, Roll up! Ladies :mobibabe: and Gentlewibbles :appsir:, 7 days, 20 images, 12 contenders and what a week we've had.
We've had rich blacks. subtle whites and shades between to make your heart ache. :inlove: There's been textures, geometric lines, sensual curves, compositions, tension, alarm, drama and delicacy, everything you could want in a race to the top between talented, exciting and creative visual artistes! :look:

[/borrows JillyG's megaphone]

As well as the usual bunch of smashers this week we have a new contender on the block in the shape of FiveGz . Welcome sir, a beautiful picture with such subtle shades of white strongly framed by contrasting darks and the small secret in the middle most seemed to miss on first look. Nice first submission with compositional excellence and my first Honourable Mention of this week. Well done.

And making a welcome return this week and my second Honourable Mention is jalaislynn who simultaneously gave us a beautiful picture and proof that rumours of zenjenny's multiple personality disorder are just that, rumours.
The Storm was a big hit with the audience and received several readings. I had a slightly different take in that the storm could also be seen to be between two people and the crushed umbrella symbolic of the destructive whatsit of conflict. The many readings this pic evokes shows it's power. Nice one.

And my final HM's this week, in no particular order, go to:
sdimbour for Shadows and reflections Ellis Island museum - NYC, very moody and evocative.
Starzee for Jack - fun, engaging, makes me think about what the back story is.
JillyG for Shears - nice texture and combo of strong and soft lines.
sinnerjohn for foxy lady - great detail and a perfect focal point.

[hushed tones]
And now, the results you've all been waiting for... [dramatic pause]
[/hushed tones]
I have my 3 winners who all submitted their winning entries within 24 hours of each other but, as I type, have not yet ordered them so none of us know the results yet. I don't know about you but I'm quite excited. :D

In third place is dscheff with Pearly Visible - beautiful, simple, good use of negative space and gave rise to possibly the oddest conversation of the week. Sir, you have a lovely pear! :appsir:

In second place this week is sdimbour with Ellis Island Museum windows and reflections NYC. I've said it before and will probably say it again but, in my opinion, your eye for structure and composition is second to none. If the tiles on the floor are symmetrically laid, it looks like you took the picture from just left of centre. I can only assume the perfect framing of the sky scraper in the window to the right of the door was done on purpose. The stark contrasts in this picture are balanced by subtle light hues and the overlaying of textures and lines gives the picture depths at different distances from the viewer. Really lovely.

Which means there can only be one person left to be in first place. so without further ado it's got to be Umbrellas by ImageArt .

c2098282-565e-43f1-a6e6-51302ab5bc87-jpeg.109999

Energetic, engaging, patterned, movement, lines and swirls. A lovely pallet of tones, it's almost chaotic but the repetition of shapes and the highlights and shadows gives it structure, depth and, oddly, a simplicity.
Very well done Ann and given you have such a large task ahead of you in the mobicolour thread, I can only apologise at giving you something else to do next week. :oops:

[picks up JillyG's megaphone]
Well done one and all and thank you for your attention and participation. Be sure to tune in next week for another round of truly great submissions!
[/picks up JillyG's megaphone]

Thank you for my warm welcome back Rizole, and comment on my image. Your wrap-up was almost an image in itself :)

Back
Top Bottom