• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Time Stamp Results! TS101 2 pm Saturday Oct-14

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview, or Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next Wrap-up will be selected by the current Wrapper-Upper.

• AWARDS! The Wrapper-Upper may, if they wish, make up some new virtual awards spontaneously as the occasions arise. The award recipient will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.
Words banished from Time Stamp:
Judge, Winner,
Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
IMG_2498.JPG

Lichens, Fusion.
I was feeling macro-deprived so I borrowed Fabi’s iPhone 6, because it has a mount for my Moment lenses and my phone doesn’t.
All 3 with the Moment Macro lens. In real life the picture width is 3cm, just to give you a sense of scale. I wandered around in the woods behind my house looking for small subjects.
IMG_2531.JPG

Ribbon grass runway. This is just at the entrance to the woods just after the end of the mowed part.
IMG_2595.JPG

One of the exciting things about nature photography is finding something you have never seen before. I was familiar with the green fungus permeating this broken branch but not the tiny green cups. Perhaps they are the fruiting bodies of the same fungus.
Fungi. Fusion.
All 3 uncropped and edited only with a quick poke at the auto-enhance wand in the Photos app.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 100430
Lichens, Fusion.
I was feeling macro-deprived so I borrowed Fabi’s iPhone 6, because it has a mount for my Moment lenses and my phone doesn’t.
All 3 with the Moment Macro lens. In real life the picture width is 3cm, just to give you a sense of scale. I wandered around in the woods behind my house looking for small subjects.
View attachment 100431
Ribbon grass runway. This is just at the entrance to the woods just after the end of the mowed part.
View attachment 100432
One of the exciting things about nature photography is finding something you have never seen before. I was familiar with the green fungus permeating this broken branch but not the tiny green cups. Perhaps they are the fruiting bodies of the same fungus.
Fungi. Fusion.
All 3 uncropped and edited only with a quick poke at the auto-enhance wand in the Photos app.
Beautiful...

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m at a birthday party weekend in Suffolk and just trying to get my pics in while I have a chance. 24 of us are staying in a wonderful Manor House but at 2pm we were in the little village of Woodbridge. So many pics to choose from but these are my favourites edited at the time in Snapseed.

This was a picture looking through the window of a violin maker’s shop. I would liked to have gone inside and taken loads of pictures but I don’t think shopkeepers like that sort of thing especially if their merchandise is valuable.
6900F926-1CF6-405D-AEAC-4E18DAEAB45F.jpeg

This was a picture of a first class group of buskers playing outside the pub.
5895BC7C-A329-4B0D-86FA-7C337FA81480.jpeg

Finally an interesting bench in a memorial courtyard.
0CFC30B9-6E7D-4BF0-AC3D-6953485F9CBA.jpeg

Here’s a picture taken in the morning of the Manor House where we are all staying.
ED43DDEA-CA01-4509-AB69-CCB9F1EB48D1.jpeg

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I’m at a birthday party weekend in Suffolk and just trying to get my pics in while I have a chance. 24 of us are staying in a wonderful Manor House but at 2pm we were in the little village of Woodbridge. So many pics to choose from but these are my favourites edited at the time in Snapseed.

This was a picture looking through the window of a violin maker’s shop. I would liked to have gone inside and taken loads of pictures but I don’t think shopkeepers like that sort of thing especially if their merchandise is valuable.
View attachment 100455

View attachment 100456

View attachment 100457

Here’s a picture taken in the morning of the Manor House where I we are all staying.
View attachment 100458
Love these, Ann -- I get a feeling of a great weekend! Please post pics of you and your friends dancing on the tables at the appropriate times :)

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
In! And welcome to the Frankfurt Book Fair 2017 on a surprisingly lovely summer day!
When the alarm went off I found myself in a very interesting corner in Hall 4. I mean it was clear to me I'll post some shelfs with books of the stalls of different editors, but I didn't expect those other things:
The Gutenberg Museum Mainz offered a kind of workshop. Do your own artwork for 3€. On the first picture we are witnesses of a just finished art work and the girl smiled happily as did the helper/guide on the right. It was a kind of brass rubbing: a stencil underneath the paper, but instead of a pencil to rub through they used real print paint and brayers to cover the paper with the basic colour of your choice (and in the right sequence: yellow, red, blue).

IMG_9873.JPG

On the second you could help the man who was dressed in the medieval suit of the first printer guild to print your own page of the Gutenberg bible for 2€. Your part was to squeeze the paint on the paper in that old wooden printing block on the right. And you really get a glimpse why there were such a few of the bibles, just this one page with the typesetting already done took about 3 minutes, just to put the paint on, place the paper, close the frame, shove it under the pressure area, pull the lever to the side, again with much power, bring it back, get the frame out, open, take the sheet out and then it needs to dry. Cool experience to see the then quick and nowadays so slow process. On the picture the page was just finished.

IMG_9874.JPG

Then I walked off to see more. I came to another stand where the wall was covered with frames with bigger pictures repeated and surrounded with smaller ones showing the same thing: crumbled paper or tin foil. I haven't found out yet, what's the meaning, but the lighting was different on the small ones, while it was the very same basis obviously. I immediately thought about Mobitog. A nice picture pushed through Snapseed with different settings. Maybe I'll find out today what it really is they are showing. I'll have another go, when I've finished my post and maybe I'll find someone to tell me more.

IMG_9875.JPG

And now we come to a totally different thing and two stands on one picture: in the foreground you see that orange robot arm, writing a manifesto and supposed to hand it out to visitors. BUT this robot was sooooo slow in its writing that I've never seen it happen. It drew every letter (looked like Courier font to me, so nothing special) and needed about three times the time we need when we write a letter for each one. Okay, it was a perfectly drawn letter, but a calligraphy would have been quicker and it would have looked more graceful.
In the rear you see people on an VR ride, I may do it today to find out what the see, it's only 2€ and another 2 including a Polaroid. I'm just curious to see it. [emoji4] it looks like they riding the robot arm, but it's a race car, a black bunny, a space ship, a red horse, a motorcycle an on I've forgotten. If I'll fit in you know what I'll choose, do you? [emoji1]
It says it's a 90 second ride through Venice and Amsterdam. And it looked very funny on the outside so want to see the inside, too. [emoji1]

IMG_9876.JPG

Then I came to another stand where you could learn the basics of engraving and lithography. It worked like an app, but with an overhead projector that you really have the look like you are skiing your drawing on a copper plate or the other on the stone, with all steps you have to do. On the engraving you draw your picture with a needle, but just with your finger, the you click on the metal brush, your finger changes to this, put in some shades or whatever, click on the paint, cover your work with your fingers, click the cloth, wipe everything off with your fingers, until only your work has the paint in the scoring, and then it's gets virtually printed, because they didn't have the room for a Gutenberg press. And here you go and pick it up with the QRcode. This was my engraving result:

IMG_9877.JPG

And some stands later I've got a great postcard from photographers, again made for MobiToggers which sends you greetings from a very interesting fair.

IMG_9878.JPG

And now I'm getting ready for round 2. [emoji112]

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 100430
Lichens, Fusion.
View attachment 100431
View attachment 100432
Fungi. Fusion.
I’m feeling distinctly macro deprived too. I do miss my 6 Olloclip lenses.

These are lovely, Brian. I am always amazed at the fungi you get in your part of the world.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 100455

View attachment 100456

View attachment 100457

Here’s a picture taken in the morning of the Manor House where we are all staying.
View attachment 100458
What a lovely village. I bet you all are having a blast!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
OI'm
In! And welcome to the Frankfurt Book Fair 2017 on a surprisingly lovely summer day!
When the alarm went off I found myself in a very interesting corner in Hall 4. I mean it was clear to me I'll post some shelfs with books of the stalls of different editors, but I didn't expect those other things:
The Gutenberg Museum Mainz offered a kind of workshop. Do your own artwork for 3€. On the first picture we are witnesses of a just finished art work and the girl smiled happily as did the helper/guide on the right. It was a kind of brass rubbing: a stencil underneath the paper, but instead of a pencil to rub through they used real print paint and brayers to cover the paper with the basic colour of your choice (and in the right sequence: yellow, red, blue).

View attachment 100459

On the second you could help the man who was dressed in the medieval suit of the first printer guild to print your own page of the Gutenberg bible for 2€. Your part was to squeeze the paint on the paper in that old wooden printing block on the right. And you really get a glimpse why there were such a few of the bibles, just this one page with the typesetting already done took about 3 minutes, just to put the paint on, place the paper, close the frame, shove it under the pressure area, pull the lever to the side, again with much power, bring it back, get the frame out, open, take the sheet out and then it needs to dry. Cool experience to see the then quick and nowadays so slow process. On the picture the page was just finished.

View attachment 100460

Then I walked off to see more. I came to another stand where the wall was covered with frames with bigger pictures repeated and surrounded with smaller ones showing the same thing: crumbled paper or tin foil. I haven't found out yet, what's the meaning, but the lighting was different on the small ones, while it was the very same basis obviously. I immediately thought about Mobitog. A nice picture pushed through Snapseed with different settings. Maybe I'll find out today what it really is they are showing. I'll have another go, when I've finished my post and maybe I'll find someone to tell me more.

View attachment 100461

And now we come to a totally different thing and two stands on one picture: in the foreground you see that orange robot arm, writing a manifesto and supposed to hand it out to visitors. BUT this robot was sooooo slow in its writing that I've never seen it happen. It drew every letter (looked like Courier font to me, so nothing special) and needed about three times the time we need when we write a letter for each one. Okay, it was a perfectly drawn letter, but a calligraphy would have been quicker and it would have looked more graceful.
In the rear you see people on an VR ride, I may do it today to find out what the see, it's only 2€ and another 2 including a Polaroid. I'm just curious to see it. [emoji4] it looks like they riding the robot arm, but it's a race car, a black bunny, a space ship, a red horse, a motorcycle an on I've forgotten. If I'll fit in you know what I'll choose, do you? [emoji1]
It says it's a 90 second ride through Venice and Amsterdam. And it looked very funny on the outside so want to see the inside, too. [emoji1]

View attachment 100462

Then I came to another stand where you could learn the basics of engraving and lithography. It worked like an app, but with an overhead projector that you really have the look like you are skiing your drawing on a copper plate or the other on the stone, with all steps you have to do. On the engraving you draw your picture with a needle, but just with your finger, the you click on the metal brush, your finger changes to this, put in some shades or whatever, click on the paint, cover your work with your fingers, click the cloth, wipe everything off with your fingers, until only your work has the paint in the scoring, and then it's gets virtually printed, because they didn't have the room for a Gutenberg press. And here you go and pick it up with the QRcode. This was my engraving result:

View attachment 100463

And some stands later I've got a great postcard from photographers, again made for MobiToggers which sends you greetings from a very interesting fair.

View attachment 100464

And now I'm getting ready for round 2. [emoji112]
Gouvy I do enjoy participating in your weekend adventures! You seem to find the most interesting things to do / see : )

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
OI'm

Gouvy I do enjoy participating in your weekend adventures! You seem to find the most interesting things to do / see : )
You took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbs: GroovyGouvy I find I’m living vicariously through you every weekend. :D
Thanks girls, the week is so boring and full of work that the only I really live is on weekends (and holidays of course), where I go to see things to recharge. Not always possible, but I do what I can. [emoji4]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 100430
Lichens, Fusion.
View attachment 100431
View attachment 100432
Fungi. Fusion.
I love those and macro vision is unbelievable, is it? [emoji177]