• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp RESULTS: TS104 Saturday 2pm Nov-4

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview, or Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next Wrap-up will be selected by the current Wrapper-Upper.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award recipient will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm found me cooking up a soup storm in the kitchen. We’ve decided to try to streamline our waistlines, so we’re not going to have big meals in the evening. I’ve decided that soup will be wholesome and filling without being chubbifying. Time will tell.
EFA27DFC-730E-43D9-8971-570DB35CAD8F.jpeg

Look at this mess! But I was making three different soups - leek and potato, vegetable and soya bean, and curried cauliflower! The pressure cooker was invaluable.

48C432CB-43F9-43FF-A64A-BA511409BDBF.jpeg

D5EB6191-E3A9-42E1-85E2-98E6A81E8568.jpeg

Ready for heating in the microwave later (I didn’t have enough containers for all that soup!).

And here’s a nice tidy worktop again.
4FAAF29F-E354-4E84-9642-AD0251DA6892.jpeg

That big white rectangle is the skylight.

I’m looking forward to my soup this evening! The food photos were enhanced in Foodie App

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm found me cooking up a soup storm in the kitchen. We’ve decided to try to streamline our waistlines, so we’re not going to have big meals in the evening. I’ve decided that soup will be wholesome and filling without being chubbifying. Time will tell.
View attachment 101444
Look at this mess! But I was making three different soups - leek and potato, vegetable and soya bean, and curried cauliflower! The pressure cooker was invaluable.

View attachment 101442

View attachment 101447
Ready for heating in the microwave later (I didn’t have enough containers for all that soup!).

View attachment 101448

I’m looking forward to my soup this evening! The food photos were enhanced in Foodie App
Soup is definitely good and wish I could do that. Have put on weight since getting back. Less walking partly because of my knee. Cauliflower soup looks yummy!

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I cancelled my golf again and we went into Farnham to look at some light fittings. It’s a pretty town but hectic on a Saturday. When the alarm rung I decided to hobble up to the castle but they had a private function on so I couldn’t go around the front to see the best part.

All edited in Snapseed.

Here’s the gatekeeper’s lodge especially because of the clock.
021FF659-4DC3-422A-9DC7-D93FEF20B8AF.jpeg

Part of the outside wall. There were lots of cars which spoilt the view so had to take high shots.
E8DE0371-D604-4114-85E3-895EB9F3DEA5.jpeg

Detail above one of the doors.
9852C8FC-1988-489D-A91B-CD41D1015A21.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Soup is definitely good and wish I could do that. Have put on weight since getting back. Less walking partly because of my knee. Cauliflower soup looks yummy!
What looks like cauliflower is actually dumpling. Yes, very healthy:lol:. This was the veg soup. The curried cauli soup had coconut milk in it. We’ve got enough soup for the next few days at least.:D

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I cancelled my golf again and we went into Farnham to look at some light fittings. It’s a pretty town but hectic on a Saturday. When the alarm rung I decided to hobble up to the castle but they had a private function on so I couldn’t go around the front to see the best part.

All edited in Snapseed.

Here’s the gatekeeper’s lodge especially because of the clock.
View attachment 101469
Part of the outside wall. There were lots of cars which spoilt the view so had to take high shot.
View attachment 101470
Detail above one of the doors.
View attachment 101471
Three lovely images Ann. The second one looks like an Elizabethan garret. There was obviously a door in the wall at one time. I’m intrigued by that coat of arms. :)

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
What looks like cauliflower is actually dumpling. Yes, very healthy:lol:. This was the veg soup. The curried cauli soup had coconut milk in it. We’ve got enough soup for the next few days at least.:D
Oh yes, now that I look closer I can see! Yum, even better! It’s purgatory being GF because I love stodgy stuff and dumplings are one of my favourites.

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
2:00pm totally took me by surprise today... I’m home, and looking around, what grabbed my eye was the light coming through my window.

These were shot with PureShot, and edited with Hipstamatic Yuri lens + A-Type film.

C03A2C90-8615-4B31-BDDB-3E945FC3AEEC.jpeg

4F252FF6-981B-49D9-A3EC-4BE79D27C467.jpeg

7C702B26-0E5F-4D9B-AB10-7CA165818948.jpeg

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Three lovely images Ann. The second one looks like an Elizabethan garret. There was obviously a door in the wall at one time. I’m intrigued by that coat of arms. :)
The castle is strongly linked to the church. Here is a quote from the official website: In 688, King Caedwalla of Wessex gave the Manor of Farnham to the Church. By 803, the manor belonged to the Bishop of Winchester. It then got built onto at various stages and became a castle around 1138 I think. It’s a real hodgepodge of buildings but for me that’s what makes it so interesting.

I think the picture I took was probably one of the oldest parts. I did a quick search but couldn’t find anything about the coat of arms. The bishop’s hat and angel does give you a bit of a clue to it’s owners.

Here is a picture of one of the beautiful windows and an Elizabethan wing.
B02DA774-2C8C-4BD0-B1CE-1E553F9705EF.jpeg
8D1E1C07-6FC1-4755-854A-A20BF3EA98C5.jpeg

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 101444

View attachment 101442

View attachment 101447

View attachment 101448

YUM. I love a good soup. That looks amazing. (I’m procrastinating going shopping, but I must... I literally have nothing to eat!)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I thought that looked like a dumpling! But assumed it was cauliflower. Double yum!!

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 101444

View attachment 101442

View attachment 101447

View attachment 101448

Watching one’s waistline is a worthy objective and it’s good to see you are starting with such good ingredients. I haven’t seen said waistlines so I can’t comment on that. Or better not.
Lovely looking dishes and workspace.