WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
I don’t know either :appsir:

Have a look at Ryder Carrol’s site, because he did the original Bullet Journal - and his idea is pretty clear. And extremely simple.

Then take a deep breath, type ‘Bullet Journal’ into YouTube, and hit some random videos. The longer the video the more likely you’ll be ooh-ing and aah-ing over the front cover, the washi tape and the cupcake stickers (and the less likely you are to know what-all the book is for).
I've used the bullet journal system for over 12 months now, and it's worked well for me but i'm very much a minimalist and it's pretty much just a daily To Do list - if i don't write it down i'm likely to forget... but i can't be doing with all that faffing about with washi tape and fancy pens - who has the time?! I'm going to try a different planner for 2018 as i'm juggling a few projects all at once - i've downloaded a free month from Productive Flourishing to trial it.

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
New to me (and Rog) is the Peterborough Museum. In fact, we’ve had two new places today because we discovered a wonderful Portuguese cafe (Nata) in Peterborough that serves fab coffee and those gorgeous little Portuguese tarts (no photos, they were gone in seconds).

View attachment 104202
I bet it’s the only time that Peterborough and all those other places appear together.:lol:

Anyway, back to Peterborough Museum. When I looked back through the photos I can see that at 2pm I was in the least interesting part of the museum. The 1950s kitchen!!
View attachment 104203
I remember all of these things! :( How about that wallpaper? This would have been a very posh kitchen.

View attachment 104204
This was just before 2pm in the Victorian hospital ward exhibit. There was a soundtrack that went with this that wasn’t very jolly!:confused:

View attachment 104205
A mammoth’s tooth found in one of the villages near Peterborough. Where I was standing to make this photo would have been 50 metres under the sea in the Jurassic period! No mammoths then obviously :D.

Thank you Time Stamp - without you we would never have ventured out and discovered that lovely cafe and the museum.
Ooh the hospital exhibit is pretty gruesome :eek:
Hmm the 1950s kitchen looks familiar...

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
Reminders is my go to app for REMINDING me to do the rare one off tasks I need to remember to do( if I remember to enter a reminder). Planning is easy - I"m retired and plan very little. I occasionally use Notes for lists, jotting down random bits of info I think Ill want access to, but just like using an analog paper and pen, I usually forget that I've saved something, so short of rereading my Notes on a regular basis, I have no idea what is in my various lists and notes.

Like every one else in the Northeast (US) it's cold an windy here (feels like -1ºF here with the wind chill.) Here still being Cleveland. Since it's 2, Toby and Max are resting or napping, so no kid pics. Something appropriate to the weather.
Ice in various forms
View attachment 104223

View attachment 104224
View attachment 104225
Snapseed
Fabulous ice formations :)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Reminders is my go to app for REMINDING me to do the rare one off tasks I need to remember to do( if I remember to enter a reminder). Planning is easy - I"m retired and plan very little. I occasionally use Notes for lists, jotting down random bits of info I think Ill want access to, but just like using an analog paper and pen, I usually forget that I've saved something, so short of rereading my Notes on a regular basis, I have no idea what is in my various lists and notes.

Like every one else in the Northeast (US) it's cold an windy here (feels like -1ºF here with the wind chill.) Here still being Cleveland. Since it's 2, Toby and Max are resting or napping, so no kid pics. Something appropriate to the weather.
Ice in various forms
View attachment 104223

View attachment 104224
View attachment 104225
Snapseed
Oh wow....how beautiful!! :inlove:

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
2pm found me on the way to the Co-op with a stop off at the glass recycling point - NEW bottles/jars will be made from my old ones. Also took a photo of some people putting a NEW wheel on a broken down trailer while i was there. All images taken using native iPhone camera and no post-processing.

image.jpeg

I haven't been to the recycling for a couple of weeks so i had 2 bags full of bottles and jars...

image.jpeg

This was pretty full...

image.jpeg

Broken down trailer having a new wheel (or tyre) put on

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
but i can't be doing with all that faffing about with washi tape and fancy pens - who has the time?!
I hear ya, sister. :thumbs:
Plus, I don’t really schedule much stuff...I don’t like to have a gazillion things to do, so I go with the flow pretty much every weekend, and work nights are very simple too. My Calendar app works fine for any reminders/events.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
2pm found me on the way to the Co-op with a stop off at the glass recycling point - NEW bottles/jars will be made from my old ones. Also took a photo of some people putting a NEW wheel on a broken down trailer while i was there. All images taken using native iPhone camera and no post-processing.

View attachment 104228
I haven't been to the recycling for a couple of weeks so i had 2 bags full of bottles and jars...

View attachment 104229
This was pretty full...

View attachment 104230
Broken down trailer having a new wheel (or tyre) put on
I love recycling... I’m hopeful that all the paper, glass and tins I put into our recycling bins actually get recycled, but part of me is skeptical.... I’d like to see it in action to feel confident.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Ah well...this will be only the second-ish time I’ve missed a TS. :( I was driving when the 2p alarm went off on my way to get some groceries, and I figured I’d still be in the time frame to get some shots once I arrived. Well, of course I promptly forgot all about it in my focus on getting what I needed... :confused: :rolleyes: :barf: o_O

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
I love recycling... I’m hopeful that all the paper, glass and tins I put into our recycling bins actually get recycled, but part of me is skeptical.... I’d like to see it in action to feel confident.
Yes i know exactly what you mean! But they go to the trouble of shipping the glass container up to Stornoway in Lewis, i've seen them on the ferry. I'm just not sure what happens to it when it gets there...
We also have recycling bins for card & paper, tins/cans and plastic they all get collected from the house. I'm trying to reduce my plastic usage as much as i can though.

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
Ah well...this will be only the second-ish time I’ve missed a TS. :( I was driving when the 2p alarm went off on my way to get some groceries, and I figured I’d still be in the time frame to get some shots once I arrived. Well, of course I promptly forgot all about it in my focus on getting what I needed... :confused: :rolleyes: :barf: o_O
:(

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
We also have recycling bins for card & paper, tins/cans and plastic they all get collected from the house. I'm trying to reduce my plastic usage as much as i can though.
Ours is all mixed together where I live now, which seems odd and makes me skeptical. I’m really trying to reduce my plastic use too... it really is rather evil stuff.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Ice in various forms
View attachment 104223

View attachment 104224
View attachment 104225
Snapseed

Nice frost! The windows we have with frost are too thick with white fuzz to have nice patterns.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It’s been cold enough here to make me think twice before going outside. Luckily, today was slightly warmer, it’s now just -17°C, some sunny intervals appeared, and low tide lined up nicely with Time Stamp so it was safe enough to plan a longer walk along shore at the base of the cliffs. I got all bundled up and headed out to Red Head figuring I was bound to find some icicles there. Balaclava inside my hat and ski goggles to block the wind, otherwise my eyes water so much in the cold wind I can’t see where I’m going.
IMG_5084.JPG

This part of Red Head is about 9 metres tall and the waves must have been splashing up that high during the extra cold windy days.
IMG_5088.JPG

Lower down, the tide comes in and washes the snow and ice away. I would say that tide line is up about 3 metres.
IMG_5083.JPG

Looking along the shore there are a few places where water coming down the cliffs has made big icicles. The cliffs there are about 15 metres high.
IMG_5091.JPG

And a couple of minutes after my time ran out. I stayed around for about an hour and made lots more photos.
IMG_5093.JPG

Frozen seaweed on the way back. Imagine living underwater part of the day getting thrashed by the waves and then frozen stiff for the rest of the day.
One intriguing thing about the big tides in the Bay of Fundy is that the beach is always as clear of snow as summer. Great spot to walk, except for the cold wind. The water on the north and east coasts of New Brunswick generally get complete ice cover.
Almost forget. Photos made in PureShot, HDR in Fusion, just a couple of minor tweaks in the Photos app. Mostly, tap the magic wand tool and then back off the colour a bit.
Edit: I forgot to mention something new. I’ve never seen an ice formation like this at Red Head before so that’s new. Getting out in the cold is only somewhat new but new in the sense that I had been avoiding going out for a couple of days, until I realized there would be unique features to see that wouldn’t exist in milder weather.

Last edited:

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
It’s been cold enough here to make me think twice before going outside. Luckily, today was slightly warmer, it’s now just -17°C, some sunny intervals appeared, and low tide lined up nicely with Time Stamp so it was safe enough to plan a longer walk along shore at the base of the cliffs. I got all bundled up and headed out to Red Head figuring I was bound to find some icicles there. Balaclava inside my hat and ski goggles to block the wind, otherwise my eyes water so much in the cold wind I can’t see where I’m going.
View attachment 104231
This part of Red Head is about 9 metres tall and the waves must have been splashing up that high during the extra cold windy days.
View attachment 104232
Lower down, the tide comes in and washes the snow and ice away. I would say that tide line is up about 3 metres.
View attachment 104233
Looking along the shore there are a few places where water coming down the cliffs has made big icicles. The cliffs there are about 15 metres high.
View attachment 104234
And a couple of minutes after my time ran out. I stayed around for about an hour and made lots more photos.
View attachment 104235
Frozen seaweed on the way back. Imagine living underwater part of the day getting thrashed by the waves and then frozen stiff for the rest of the day.
One intriguing thing about the big tides in the Bay of Fundy is that the beach is always as clear of snow as summer. Great spot to walk, except for the cold wind. The water on the north and east coasts of New Brunswick generally get complete ice cover.
Almost forget. Photos made in PureShot, HDR in Fusion, just a couple of minor tweaks in the Photos app. Mostly, tap the magic wand tool and then back off the colour a bit.
Wow, just wow... :notworthy:

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
Ours is all mixed together where I live now, which seems odd and makes me skeptical. I’m really trying to reduce my plastic use too... it really is rather evil stuff.
Yes - each time i'm on the beach it makes my heart sink to see the amount of plastic rubbish washed up, in 2018 i'm going to take a bag with me when i go for a walk and bring some plastic rubbish back to put in the recycling - it will literally be only a drop in the ocean but at least i'll feel like i'm doing something!

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
View attachment 104231
View attachment 104232
View attachment 104233
View attachment 104234
View attachment 104235
As i was taking my photos at 2pm i was thinking, i bet Brian will get some amazing ice pictures when it's 2pm for him. Wow, truly amazing! Well worth venturing out for :) :thumbs:

tommy71k

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
I was on the table eating my lunch,I forget completely 2 p.m. challenge..ufffff[emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes - each time i'm on the beach it makes my heart sink to see the amount of plastic rubbish washed up, in 2018 i'm going to take a bag with me when i go for a walk and bring some plastic rubbish back to put in the recycling - it will literally be only a drop in the ocean but at least i'll feel like i'm doing something!

Do you have organized beach clean-up days where you live? We have had them here for several years. It’s more fun to go out in a group and share the work. Interestingly, it seems the main part of plastic trash found on our beach comes from commercial fishermen. Remains of fishing gear, lobster traps, fishing floats, rope, rubber gloves, plastic crates, plastic containers. Much less that previous years.
Maybe you can encourage some other people to come out and help you.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max

Ice in various forms
View attachment 104223

View attachment 104224
View attachment 104225
Snapseed

What Jilly said.

MobiTog would be worth visiting just for the ice pictures you and Brian post. Today we’ve got those delicate little ice feathers on your window and the mighty waves frozen on Brian’s rocks. Wonderful.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
We went walking in Wisley Gardens to get some fresh air. I went into the Glasshouse to get some photos of the NEW buds on the flowers.

No edits except reduction in size:
View attachment 104214 View attachment 104215 View attachment 104216

Lovely. I envy your access to big gardens. Do you know the names of those plants? And how is that [looks like a relative of aloe vera] flowering in your winter? ? I have the same at the office and I’m sure it flowered in spring. Btw, that one grows like I don’t know what — there’s one down the road that is literally the size of the side of a house.