MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
As ever so often I've been to the shopping mall. I had planned to be at the Kinder Museum in time, but had to queue at the optician half an hour that I gave up the plan, stayed for TS shots and a coffee, and went to the museum later. No need for Time shift, optically a bit boring, the exhibition was about the rights of children and therefore more to read than really exhibition. But the NEW part here was that it will be closed at the beginning of January and reopened at late February under the NEW name Young Museum within the NEW Historical Museum. So more to come for TS next year somewhen. [emoji1]

The story behind: This is the most shown piece of NEW Year's Eve broadcasting of German television. Every German knows it and watches it at least once a year, in original English. My first English lesson, repeated each year, even before we had Sesame Street in English on tele. It is called "Dinner For One", the most repeated sentence in it is "Same procedure as last year?", produced 1963 and it is on EVERY year since 1972, when the third programmes were added, they put it on there, often around 6 pm, 8 or 9 pm and again shortly after the year has changed. It is hilarious, black and white and 18 minutes long. Freddie Frinton and May Warden are the actors, both late for quite some years, but still alive in German TV. They even tried remakes, several!, but only the old one is cult! Have a look at YouTube, I'm sure someone put it up there … wait I'll have a look … – hold the line … hold the line … hold the line … – Wikipedia worth reading: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One and Vimeo (trusted length, therefore better than YT) even more worth watching!!!:

Therefore it's only black and white someone must have repainted it or they had stills from the set in colour and ran it through Jixipix' Portrait Painter.

And the funniest fact no one in England knows it – not any more. I've sent a video over to my English friend some 20+ years ago and she told her mother about it, and her mum kNEW them, she saw Freddie Frinton live in Brighton in the 60's!!!! Isn't that amazing! [emoji23]

(All Hipstamatic shake and bake)

Thought you might be interested to hear this. At the New Year’s Eve celebration we attended I was also sitting with some friends we don’t see often and I happened to mention the Dinner for One film (above) and he said, yes, he had seen it while visiting in Germany a few years back. His hosts asked if he had seen their holiday tradition film and set it up specially for him to watch.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m so impressed how many people remembered to mention the “New” connection in their post. Blush blush, I forgot and had to edit in the note later.
I think the theme fully lived up to my expectations. Any comments about the idea of themes, in general or specific?

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Thought you might be interested to hear this. At the New Year’s Eve celebration we attended I was also sitting with some friends we don’t see often and I happened to mention the Dinner for One film (above) and he said, yes, he had seen it while visiting in Germany a few years back. His hosts asked if he had seen their holiday tradition film and set it up specially for him to watch.
My brother and I have just watched it together. Then Rog put it on the big television and we watched it again. So funny. I might make this a tradition in our house.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Yeah! Dinner for one rocks! [emoji106][emoji322][emoji177]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
My brother and I have just watched it together. Then Rog put it on the big television and we watched it again. So funny. I might make this a tradition in our house.

Awww, so cool I could pass on the infection! [emoji23]
And like your "don't mention the war" or "he comes from Barcelona" of good old Basil at Faltry Towels ([emoji23]), "same procedure as every year" makes always an impressive impact. [emoji6]

PS: my favourite bits are Freddy NOT stumbling and "I'll kill that cat!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Awww, so cool I could pass on the infection! [emoji23]
And like your "don't mention the war" or "he comes from Barcelona" of good old Basil at Faltry Towels ([emoji23]), "same procedure as every year" makes always an impressive impact. [emoji6]

PS: my favourite bits are Freddy NOT stumbling and "I'll kill that cat!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Yes, when he’s blind drunk and jumps over the tiger’s head. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
My first time doing a wrap up so here goes…

The theme for this week was “New” to be interpreted however we liked.

Jen zenjenny was the first to post and 2pm found her watching videos and investigating Bullet Journalling (to get organised for the NEW year) which seems to range from the original Ryder Carrol minimalist system of bullet points, a sort of daily To Do list, to the very elaborate, more complex scrapbook/art journalling type with lots of lists and decoration with washi tape and stickers. Jen broke out her gel pens and did some doodling while mulling over which system she was going to go with. Everyone seemed to agree that simple would be best.

Next up was Jilly JillyG who, along with Rog, was in the Peterborough Museum. They had also discovered a, NEW to them, lovely Portuguese cafe that served good coffee and the little Portuguese tarts, mmm, sounds great! The first photograph was at the cafe and had Peterborough listed along with the likes of Vienna, Barcelona and Abu Dhabi. The museum contained a 1950s kitchen which looked very familiar so I’m guessing kitchens in the 1960s must have been very similar. A bit scary that these things are now considered museum items! Jilly’s third photograph was a rather gruesome scene of a Victorian hospital ward complete with bloody sheets and a bucket of what also looked like blood. The final of Jilly’s photos was a mammoth tooth that had been found near to Peterborough.

Ann ImageArt was walking in Wisely gardens at 2pm and found some lovely colourful blooms and NEW buds in the glasshouse. The were colourful and exotic and all added a blast of colour to my grey, Hebridean winter day. The first image was a pair of delicate looking dangling blooms and I’m sure that at some stage Ann will apply her magic on this image. The second image were very brightly coloured and looked rather unusual - I notice the plant was also complete with snails, perhaps they are hibernating in the warmth of the glasshouse. The final image looked rather like an aloe - i’ve seen these in Gibraltar where the are classed as an invasive non-native plant and are gradually being removed, which is a bit sad because i’ve seen birds like Chiffchaff feeding on the nectar from the flowers when they bloom.

David deepop was experiencing the cold spell of weather that has been affecting the east of the USA and Canada so he treated us to some images of the NEW ice formations. The first image looked like ferns or leaves and was beautiful. I found the second image most intriguing as there seemed to two different sorts of ice that had formed some that looked like bubbles and the other that looked very crystal-like. I was rather curious and was trying to imagine what was on the other side of the glass. David’s final image was just as intriguing and looked like it had been taken through a screen with just a slight suggestion of the outside landscape.

I was next and had documented my trip to the local recycling point, first image one of my bagfuls of empties, not all wine I hasten to add, and I hadn’t been to recycling for at least two weeks. Really. Photo 2 was the recycling bin with it’s dual language labelling - Gaelic and English. I was hopeful that the bottles and jars would be recycled into new glass items. Maybe it’s our age but a discussion ensued where we were cynical that all this stuff does actually get re-cycled. My worries were compounded a couple of days ago on hearing on the radio that China has been taking the majority of the UK’s plastics to recycle and are no longer going to and this will leave us/our recycling facilities unable to cope with the quantities. Worrying indeed. Third photo was of some local men mending the wheel or tyre on their trailer, replacing it with a NEW one. I think more talking than mending was going on.

Brian FundyBrian braved the elements, the temperature had warmed up to -17C :eek: so he donned warm clothes including balaclava, hat and ski goggles and headed to the beach. The images that Brian produced were quite amazing, I don’t think i’ve ever seen ice quite like it, they looked more like stalactites in an underground cave. Brian also mentioned that he hadn’t seen ice formations like this at Red Head before so it was NEW to him. It was so cold that even the seaweed had frozen. I spent some time having a look at Google maps to see where the Bay of Fundy is, I knew it was in Canada but wasn’t sure where. Brian mentioned the big tides - the biggest tidal range in the world I believe?

Gouvy GroovyGouvy had planned to be at the Kinder Museum but got held up at the opticians. 2pm found her at the shopping mall and was found that the Christmas items were already on sale. Gouvy gave us a lovely insight into the store with a series of images showing the colourful displays and lots of additional information about NEW years eve traditions in Germany - it all sounds very different to the UK. Though oddly enough every year since 1972 Dinner for One has been shown on German television - I had never heard of this before but in Germany it seems it’s quite a thing - you can even buy cushions and trays with a scene from the programme. Thanks Gouvy for all the information!

Star Starzee was at her usual place Lunkenheimer’s Brewery for 2pm on Saturday and we were all fascinated by the NEW Lunkenheimer’s canner, which looks like a bit of heavy duty equipment, it would be really interesting to see it in action. I liked the wider view of the bar area, it’s always fascinating to see what bars are like in different countries.

I really enjoy this weekly challenge, everyone ends up with totally different images and it’s great to get just a wee glimpse of other peoples lives. I have chosen Brian’s image of the ice formations at Red Head because they were just incredible to see and looked really great against the blue sky. Thanks for braving the elements Brian and sharing the spectacular scene with us.

img_5088-jpg.104232

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Jen zenjenny was the first to post and 2pm found her watching videos and investigating Bullet Journalling (to get organised for the NEW year) which seems to range from the original Ryder Carrol minimalist system of bullet points, a sort of daily To Do list, to the very elaborate, more complex scrapbook/art journalling type with lots of lists and decoration with washi tape and stickers. Jen broke out her gel pens and did some doodling while mulling over which system she was going to go with. Everyone seemed to agree that simple would be best.

Next up was Jilly JillyG who, along with Rog, was in the Peterborough Museum. They had also discovered a, NEW to them, lovely Portuguese cafe that served good coffee and the little Portuguese tarts, mmm, sounds great! The first photograph was at the cafe and had Peterborough listed along with the likes of Vienna, Barcelona and Abu Dhabi. The museum contained a 1950s kitchen which looked very familiar so I’m guessing kitchens in the 1960s must have been very similar. A bit scary that these things are now considered museum items! Jilly’s third photograph was a rather gruesome scene of a Victorian hospital ward complete with bloody sheets and a bucket of what also looked like blood. The final of Jilly’s photos was a mammoth tooth that had been found near to Peterborough.

Ann ImageArt was walking in Wisely gardens at 2pm and found some lovely colourful blooms and NEW buds in the glasshouse. The were colourful and exotic and all added a blast of colour to my grey, Hebridean winter day. The first image was a pair of delicate looking dangling blooms and I’m sure that at some stage Ann will apply her magic on this image. The second image were very brightly coloured and looked rather unusual - I notice the plant was also complete with snails, perhaps they are hibernating in the warmth of the glasshouse. The final image looked rather like an aloe - i’ve seen these in Gibraltar where the are classed as an invasive non-native plant and are gradually being removed, which is a bit sad because i’ve seen birds like Chiffchaff feeding on the nectar from the flowers when they bloom.

David deepop was experiencing the cold spell of weather that has been affecting the east of the USA and Canada so he treated us to some images of the NEW ice formations. The first image looked like ferns or leaves and was beautiful. I found the second image most intriguing as there seemed to two different sorts of ice that had formed some that looked like bubbles and the other that looked very crystal-like. I was rather curious and was trying to imagine what was on the other side of the glass. David’s final image was just as intriguing and looked like it had been taken through a screen with just a slight suggestion of the outside landscape.

I was next and had documented my trip to the local recycling point, first image one of my bagfuls of empties, not all wine I hasten to add, and I hadn’t been to recycling for at least two weeks. Really. Photo 2 was the recycling bin with it’s dual language labelling - Gaelic and English. I was hopeful that the bottles and jars would be recycled into new glass items. Maybe it’s our age but a discussion ensued where we were cynical that all this stuff does actually get re-cycled. My worries were compounded a couple of days ago on hearing on the radio that China has been taking the majority of the UK’s plastics to recycle and are no longer going to and this will leave us/our recycling facilities unable to cope with the quantities. Worrying indeed. Third photo was of some local men mending the wheel or tyre on their trailer, replacing it with a NEW one. I think more talking than mending was going on.

Brian FundyBrian braved the elements, the temperature had warmed up to -17C :eek: so he donned warm clothes including balaclava, hat and ski goggles and headed to the beach. The images that Brian produced were quite amazing, I don’t think i’ve ever seen ice quite like it, they looked more like stalactites in an underground cave. Brian also mentioned that he hadn’t seen ice formations like this at Red Head before so it was NEW to him. It was so cold that even the seaweed had frozen. I spent some time having a look at Google maps to see where the Bay of Fundy is, I knew it was in Canada but wasn’t sure where. Brian mentioned the big tides - the biggest tidal range in the world I believe?

Gouvy GroovyGouvy had planned to be at the Kinder Museum but got held up at the opticians. 2pm found her at the shopping mall and was found that the Christmas items were already on sale. Gouvy gave us a lovely insight into the store with a series of images showing the colourful displays and lots of additional information about NEW years eve traditions in Germany - it all sounds very different to the UK. Though oddly enough every year since 1972 Dinner for One has been shown on German television - I had never heard of this before but in Germany it seems it’s quite a thing - you can even buy cushions and trays with a scene from the programme. Thanks Gouvy for all the information!

Star Starzee was at her usual place Lunkenheimer’s Brewery for 2pm on Saturday and we were all fascinated by the NEW Lunkenheimer’s canner, which looks like a bit of heavy duty equipment, it would be really interesting to see it in action. I liked the wider view of the bar area, it’s always fascinating to see what bars are like in different countries.

I really enjoy this weekly challenge, everyone ends up with totally different images and it’s great to get just a wee glimpse of other peoples lives. I have chosen Brian’s image of the ice formations at Red Head because they were just incredible to see and looked really great against the blue sky. Thanks for braving the elements Brian and sharing the spectacular scene with us.

img_5088-jpg.104232

Hello Yvonne, you did an absolutely wonderful job! The walk through so detailed that I didn't even have to scroll back as they just popped into mind while reading your summary. [emoji177] You made it. And great. [emoji898]

Congratulations to our next Grand Wrapper-Upper FundyBrian Brian. Think I'd picked the same picture. I still see the frog gazing at the sky, leaning against something I can't see, with his scarf blowing in the wind. [emoji177] it's sooooo beautiful! [emoji7]

Hey Mobitoggers, what a fun entrance into the new year. Thanks for sharing your Saturday's impressions with us. [emoji177]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
one of my bagfuls of empties, not all wine I hasten to add, and I hadn’t been to recycling for at least two weeks. Really.
:sneaky: :lol:

they looked more like stalactites in an underground cave.
Yes!! Totally agree.

I spent some time having a look at Google maps to see where the Bay of Fundy is
Haha...so did I when I first saw his posts about the area. It’s not *too* far from me and I hope to visit someday.

And... a well done wrap-up, Yvonne! And you were worried?! Pssshh. Done like a TS Pro. :D

Super congrats on your well deserved win, Brian!! That’s a magnificent image. :notworthy:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Come one, come all! Step right up and get ready for Time Stamp 113. Our first TS of 2018. Who knows what will be happening on Saturday at 2pm. As we have seen every week it could be just about anything but it is sure to be interesting.
Follow this link to sign up and then you can easily find the thread in your Participated section.
https://www.mobitog.com/threads/open-ts113-2pm-saturday-jan-6.23071/
The next Grand Wrapper-Upper will be... OMG, me!

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

img_5088-jpg.104232
WildPlace - Yvonne, you did a very thorough job of wrapping up our last Time Stamp event of 2017. And you were apprehensive? An excellent job indeed. I'm also pleased you liked my icy photo, thank you! Well done everyone! I so enjoy hearing about your Time Stamp activities.
I'm also pleased to see that people found a way to see something NEW in what they photographed. I felt the theme was quite successful but I promise not to do it very often.
Time Stamp has turned into a friendly gathering place where we drop in and meet with friends and exchange stories of our latest events. Its the Time Stamp Café!

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Nice wrap-up, Yvonne - like Gouvy, I appreciated the detail plus the addition of info like UK no longer having that recycling contract with China. Maybe the powers that do some back-of-envelope calculations and see a long term benefit in establishing a recycling industry LOCALLY!! :eek:

Congrats Brian - truly awe-some image :notworthy:

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

img_5088-jpg.104232
Well done, Yvonne! Wonderful image, Brian.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

img_5088-jpg.104232
Great job in the wrap up Yvonne. Like a pro! Yes, I thought Brian’s ice formations looked like they belonged in a cave. Amazing images. And, when I look at them, I forget that it’s sub-zero temperatures that Brian is braving to bring us these. Above and beyond the call of duty. Isn’t there a Grand Wrapper-Upper Medal GroovyGouvy Gouvy?:thumbs:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Great job in the wrap up Yvonne. Like a pro! Yes, I thought Brian’s ice formations looked like they belonged in a cave. Amazing images. And, when I look at them, I forget that it’s sub-zero temperatures that Brian is braving to bring us these. Above and beyond the call of duty. Isn’t there a Grand Wrapper-Upper Medal GroovyGouvy Gouvy?:thumbs:

You speak my mind – nearly. Working on something close regarding this. [emoji4]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It totally is!!!! I love that... [emoji173]️

Yeah! Brian? Renaming it to Time Stamp Café? Where everyone meets at 2'o clock.
Oh! I hear my brain radio playing! It's Carole King!
[emoji445] At the Time Stamp Café,
come to the Time Stamp Café,
I hope you can find your way
To the Time Stamp Café [emoji445]
[emoji177][emoji477]️

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
[emoji177][emoji477]️
LOVE!!! :inlove:

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
[emoji177][emoji477]️
:lol: Brilliant.