• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Results: TS116 2pm Saturday Jan-27

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!
Come on down to the Time Stamp Café! It's the international meeting place.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
IMG_7410.JPG

Too much of the wrong type of coffee.
The wrong type being any type that doesn’t come from the Time Stamp Café.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I didn’t say I’m in, but I am.:D 2pm found Nicola and I going up and down in a lift (elevator) trying to find our car park :lol:. We were in the Green car park and we kept getting out at the Red car park. Agh. We were on level 12 and the secret was to get out on level 11 and walk up one flight of stairs, not go up to level 13 in the lift.:confused:

F53EEA4A-4FDD-46E0-8677-3E9B45B87DCB.jpeg

However, at 1.36 onwards we discovered this amazing little pop-up Free Art Friday exhibition. We’d been talking to a homeless man just outside (you can just see his head and blanket) and noticed three people drawing on the window behind him. We went in and discovered all this free art by quite renowned street artists. The idea is that you come in and view the art, you get a little form on which you write down the numbers of three of your favourites and then you go into a draw with a chance to win one of your choices FREE! What a great idea.

16488CC7-7763-485F-A96F-DD362CEBA3D4.jpeg

3E9349AD-5C03-4E1A-BA34-9B02F39C7C82.jpeg

C2EBC65C-1B7F-4B01-ABB7-9F78631EC706.jpeg

Here is the very nice gentleman that organised the event. I put my name down for the Magic Money Tree picture on the right which transforms into an actual 3D tree. I hope I win that one.
E5DA0BAF-7BFA-4CFB-BF43-D59DA44A8043.jpeg

We had a great time everywhere we went and we met lots of lovely people in Peterborough this afternoon.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I didn’t say I’m in, but I am.:D 2pm found Nicola and I going up and down in a lift (elevator) trying to find our car park :lol:. We were in the Green car park and we kept getting out at the Red car park. Agh. We were on level 12 and the secret was to get out on level 11 and walk up one flight of stairs, not go up to level 13 in the lift.:confused:

View attachment 105336

However, at 1.36 onwards we discovered this amazing little pop-up Free Art Friday exhibition. We’d been talking to a homeless man just outside (you can just see his head and blanket) and noticed three people drawing on the window behind him. We went in and discovered all this free art by quite renowned street artists. The idea is that you come in and view the art, you get a little form on which you write down the numbers of three of your favourites and then you go into a draw with a chance to win one of your choices FREE! What a great idea.

View attachment 105337

View attachment 105340

View attachment 105338

Here is the very nice gentleman that organised the event. I put my name down for the Magic Money Tree picture on the right which transforms into an actual 3D tree. I hope I win that one.
View attachment 105339

We had a great time everywhere we went and we met lots of lovely people in Peterborough this afternoon.
Oh how wonderful. What a grand idea.

In Hong Kong the American Women's Association had 'Art on a Line'. Anybody could donate 3 pieces of art and they hung them on washing lines in an art gallery and then one evening everybody came around and bought them and the proceeds went to charity. There was quite a lot of good stuff. I used to donate 3 of my pieces that I printed onto special canvas.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 105336

View attachment 105337

View attachment 105340

View attachment 105338

View attachment 105339

Wonderful photo essay. Bonus to just stumble upon the event.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Oh how wonderful. What a grand idea.

In Hong Kong the American Women's Association had 'Art on a Line'. Anybody could donate 3 pieces of art and they hung them on washing lines in an art gallery and then one evening everybody came around and bought them and the proceeds went to charity. There was quite a lot of good stuff. I used to donate 3 of my pieces that I printed onto special canvas.
I would have happily paid for any of these. The difficulty was narrowing my choice down to just three. :D

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2pm found me working on a pencil sketch of a crooked mug.
Watermarked(2018-01-27-1414).jpg

I’m at a place in the drawing course where the instructor wants us to make a few drawings of a objects near at hand for the purpose of working on cross contour lines. I tried to set up some lighting similar to the way I was first seeing the mug as I studied the light and shadow directions and how they affected the contours of the mug. I’m just working on some shading at the moment.
PureShot>Fusion>HandyPhoto
PureShot for the 2x lens and custom white balance, otherwise I would have used Fusion directly. HandyPhoto to retouch a couple of shiny screw holes in the metal plate the mug is sitting on.
The mug was made by Peter Petrie in 1974.

Last edited:

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X

View attachment 105336

View attachment 105337

View attachment 105340

View attachment 105338

View attachment 105339

This is fabulous Jilly :) i would have had trouble choosing just three favourites from that too. Looks like some really interesting artwork there.

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
View attachment 105347
I’m at a place in the drawing course where the instructor wants us to make a few drawings of a objects near at hand for the purpose of working on cross contour lines. I tried to set up some lighting similar to the way I was first seeing the mug as I studied the light and shadow directions and how they affected the contours of the mug. I’m just working on some shading at the moment.
PureShot for the 2x lens and custom white balance, otherwise I would have used Fusion directly. HandyPhoto to retouch a couple of shiny screw holes in the metal plate the mug is sitting on.
This is grand Brian, looks like you are coming along in leaps and bounds :)

WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
I'm really sorry to say that i failed miserably at time stamp this week, i met up with an old school friend who i hadn't seen for nearly 42 years :eek: we met at 12.30 and had lunch in a pub and by the time we stopped blethering it was 3.30pm - i don't know where the time went to and i'm feeling a bit sad to miss Timestamp for the first time in weeks!

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm really sorry to say that i failed miserably at time stamp this week, i met up with an old school friend who i hadn't seen for nearly 42 years :eek: we met at 12.30 and had lunch in a pub and by the time we stopped blethering it was 3.30pm - i don't know where the time went to and i'm feeling a bit sad to miss Timestamp for the first time in weeks!
Don’t worry Yvonne, it happens to us all (except I don’t think Brian has ever missed one:D). There’s always next week.:thumbs:

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This afternoon we took a nice walk by the Mill River which is still full of ice covered rocks and has lots of of ice rhomboidal crystalline ice slabs littering the bank. We timed things perfectly so I was unlocking the car when my 2 Pm alarm went off!:( We had parked in a lot no where near the river so I just took a few photos of what was near at hand, all edited in Snapseed.
fullsizeoutput_5420.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5421.jpeg

You can see our car idling beyond the trees.

A view overlooking the central grassy era. You can see the train tracks where, in season, a miniature train runs with rides for families, children, etc.
fullsizeoutput_541f.jpeg

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 105336

View attachment 105337

View attachment 105340

View attachment 105338

View attachment 105339

Fantastic art work.

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 105347
Love your sketch AND your pencil which looks the trunk of a sapling.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I’m super late posting, but I made these at 2:00pm. I was having lunch with my dear friend Shea at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant (my favorite type!), and had just polished off my plate of Caribbean veggies (green beans, sweet potato, spinach, chickpeas) and roti when my alarm went off. It was spicy and delicious!

AE48E999-795D-4B5D-8108-A909D5079688.jpeg

Snapseed, Instagram

33834206-EFD9-46F7-BE0E-8DF6AB55FB83.jpeg

Decoration on the wall near our table.
Snapseed

B414B985-121F-47D5-BBE0-A89E88227163.jpeg

We were sitting near the window.
Snapseed

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 105336

View attachment 105337

View attachment 105340

View attachment 105338

View attachment 105339

LOL at your parking lot escapade... kind of like a certain Seinfeld episode. :D And what a fab thing to stumble on! I’d be hard pressed to choose my faves...so much great art.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
View attachment 105347
Very impressive Brian! :notworthy: